Hacking Wii black screen even after Bootmii NAND format

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bootmii starts fine with it removed. MMM, I'm not sure, I would have to clear bootmii out of my sd card and use those files instead and try.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It looks like MMM does not start without it.
Bootmii cant boot hbc because you erased the hbc when you formatted. You need some way to get bootmii to launch an app to download and install missing ios or even reinstall hbc

Biovirulent

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bootmii cant boot hbc because you erased the hbc when you formatted. You need some way to get bootmii to launch an app to download and install missing ios or even reinstall hbc

I believe I reinstalled the HBC with MMM, but still couldn't launch. Maybe I'm wrong. Thank you, though! I'll try that out later tonight.

siene

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh boy.. well, it looks like this wii might be done for.

Anyhow, suddenly, yesterday, my Wii decided to stop booting up.
It turns on, but the screen is black and there's no sound.

I managed to format my sd card and then boot up bootmii, backup the nand (although it might be bricked...) and then format it.

I still get the black screen.

I looked through ribbon cables and everything should be in working order. I don't know what to do from here.
oh no :(

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just installed 4.3US, still got a black screen. Has to be wifi module, right?

Not necessarily. I compiled a copy of the open source release of the Homebrew channel. See if you can get it to run from BootMii. It's just a dol file so you don't have to install it. If it runs the HBC should try to connect if the network config is still there somewhere.

Attachments

• channelapp-channel.zip
    960.6 KB · Views: 160

Biovirulent

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not necessarily. I compiled a copy of the open source release of the Homebrew channel. See if you can get it to run from BootMii. It's just a dol file so you don't have to install it. If it runs the HBC should try to connect if the network config is still there somewhere.

Oh, no, thank you! but I did get HBC to run from BootMii! It's just the system menu that gives a black screen. :P

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup, it shows it's working. But... if that's the case, why am I getting a black screen?

Hm... dunno. Maybe try the syscheck. Does the remote at least turn the console on? If you didn't change anything on the NAND when it died it's kinda looking like a hardware failure. No boot is generally either a menu brick or failure in the hardware initialization - DVD, BT, Wifi or even the first part of the NAND going bad.

You can try going through the boot process and brick pages on WiiBrew and see if they help any.

Reactions: Biovirulent

Biovirulent

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hm... dunno. Maybe try the syscheck. Does the remote at least turn the console on? If you didn't change anything on the NAND when it died it's kinda looking like a hardware failure. No boot is generally either a menu brick or failure in the hardware initialization - DVD, BT, Wifi or even the first part of the NAND going bad.

You can try going through the boot process and brick pages on WiiBrew and see if they help any.

Might be boot1 but I still don't know. I did a syscheck and nothing happened.

No, the remote is no longer synced to the console and seems to not be able to.

I guess it's done for?

Biovirulent

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can get to Homebrew channel, if yes, there are PLENTY of solutions lol.

I've tried many solutions. I've tried MMM, I've tried nand restore... I don't have a backup from before the "brick" or black screen.
I've even tried nand factory restore by restoring a nand with nothing on it. I've tried dopmii.
Nothing fixes my problem.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i had this happen once when i took apart a wii and reassembled. it did not have bootmii in boot2, but did have priiloader and i was able to get to that.

anyway - the solution was to download the entire set of IOS and system menu files and reinstall from a wad manager. Modmii can download this for you. If that doesn't work then you have hardware failure somewhere as the software would be 100% correct and ready to run.

i think BT module failure results in perma-black screen with no access to anything but its been a while since i heard anything about BT module failing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: