Hacking Wii backup Manager for Windows

XICO2KX

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
XFlak said:
that is very normal, NSMB is 4.37GB in ISO form and 400MB in wbfs form
Sorry, maybe I didn't explain myself better...
rolleyes.gif

For NewSuperMarioBrosWii:
The uncompressed ISO is ~4GB...
After scrubbing with WiiScrubber and compressing with WinRAR, the size is ~600MB...
After uncompressing with WinRAR and converting to .wbfs with WiiBackupManager, it's ~400MB...
The difference is: (600-400) = 200MB
Which is very normal!
tongue.gif

For HasbroFamilyGameNight3:
  • uncompressed (.iso): 4.37GB
  • scrubbed+compressed (.rar): 1.44GB
  • converted (.wbfs): 3.64GB
  • difference = 2.20GB !!!
Very strange, don't you think?
wacko.gif
blink.gif

XICO2KX

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
drenco said:
In the options what are the uses for 'Enable Scrubbing Mode ?
Yes, I have the option Enable full scrubbing mode on!
rolleyes.gif
tongue.gif

Could this be some new type of scrubbable unused files/data that has been overlooked before!
ph34r.gif

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
compressing with winrar is not the same as turning a game into wbfs format. winrar compresses differently based on the actual data. turning a game into wbfs format only keeps the disc sectors that contain data that may be used by the game.

compression is not scrubbing. you are comparing apples and oranges.

it is entirely possible ( yet unlikely due to the fact that the games are encrypted ) to have a game that has 3GB of sectors that the game may use, while that data can be compressed to 1GB.

dexter222

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a feature in Wii Backup Manager to 'Select All' and 'Save to file' - this saves the Game ID to a list. Is there anyway to have it include the rest of the fields? Preferably in a delimited text format?

It would be nice to be able to export all the info for easy game cataloging.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
All I want is for the program to remember which 'drives'/'folders' were last used

That way I can start it up & it'll 'look' @ the USB drive & the folder on the PC where I download the iso's (these never change) without me having to set them up each time

kupo3000

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm using 0.3.5 beta 1 and enabled the "keep game partition only" option.
When I rip/transfer an actual burned disc from the dvd-drive to the WBFS drive, the update is still there.
But when I transfer an ISO image to the WBFS drive, it removes the update data.
Will I have to make ISO images from the burned discs with IMGBurn and transfer them again to WBFS or there's another way?

kupo3000

Trophies
XP
Country
Yea I got priiloader with hacks enabled.
It's not an update issue, just want to save some hard drive space and time.
Disc system updates take around 200 MB. I'm just wondering I can transfer directly the game partition from the burned discs without the update data.

yixiar

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
That 0.3.5.b1 can't run well in Win7 Professional OS .
angry.gif

you can't operate any menu of BMW.
glare.gif

Any one is same as me? Why?

yuud4i

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I can't use Black Ops on Wii Backup Manager

In 88 files it only detects 1 ( 48Mb )

Then When I transfer it

* Recent Versions

It gives me an Error

* Older Versions

Doesn´t do nothing

kupo3000

Trophies
XP
Country
I think you're trying to transfer compressed multi-RARs.
Decompress the ISO with WinRAR or 7zip and then you can use Wii Backup Manager.

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
www.wiibackupmanager.co.uk
XP
Country
Hey all. Been a while..
smile.gif

I'm about to start some work on WBM after that little break that went on a lot longer than I planned. I really meant to get back to it much sooner.

I've written this little test app that could be pretty useful in it's own right. You can use it to burn the various image formats to disc. I'll incorporate it into WBM once it's been tested some more for compatibility etc.

WiiBurner download

screenshotbx.jpg

I've tested it using a virtual DVD writer and also with DVD-RWs using uLoader and a PC drive on the Wii (My Wii drive is picky and won't play most discs).

As well as burning as an ISO, you can also burn CISO discs that work in uLoader. The image must already be in CISO format though because I haven't coded any on-the-fly conversion to CISO and burned as a raw image. Using CDs for smaller games.
smile.gif

One thing that could be quite interesting is being able to burn WBFS discs. Burning a raw WBFS image in the app is only for a bit of fun just now because AFAIK no loader can use a WBFS partition from a CD/DVD. But it could be a viable backup option, burning a WBFS partition with a few games on it. A loader could mount the disc and read it almost like any other WBFS drive/File.

I've got a lot of back reading to do before I get started. Hopefully no major bugs reported.
smile.gif
My main goal for now is to incorporate the disc burning and also the covers.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Woohoo!!! Welcome back fig2k4! TBH, I thought u were never coming back! I'm very glad to hear you're going to work on Wii Backup Manager again!

A lot has changed since you took your break, but not much of it will effect WBM. The only new feature idea I have for you is:
-SNEEK+DI and UNEEK+DI require wii and gamecube games to be saved in a different/extracted format saved to USB:\games\foldername(max 22 or 23 chars)\. You can check out the source of crediar's discex.exe, wiimm's wit.exe or wiijmanager as they are currently the only tools I know of that can do this. wit.exe is the only tool that can even convert an extracted image back into an ISO, cISO or wbfs files. (edit: it would also be awesome to support extracting gamecube images now that DIOS MIOS, a gamecube usb loader has been released. AFAIK, only discex v0.6 can do this... but i wouldn't be surprised if wit or another one of wiimm's tools can also do this)

Here are a couple problems I've found with your latest beta (v0.3.5 beta 1):
-formatting drives doesn't work
-when you start typing a game name, WBM will select the game typed, but the window doesn't scroll to show the selected game on screen (so still requires manual scrolling to find the game). The version before the latest beta (v0.3.4 r4) didn't have this problem
-REALLY small games (

Sacohen9665

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fig2k4 welcome back.

I was afraid you had abandoned the project.

That would have been a shame this is the best Backup Manager around and lack of forward momentum would have killed it.

Anyway, welcome back again.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi
smile.gif

Glad to see you are still alive... (yeah, I thought the worst lol)
You left without a word, I hope you are doing fine.
Any word on what you did while you were away ? (if not private)

About the "format is not working" bug, I think it's mainly to format 30GB+ FAT32 drives on windows, as it seems to format as NTFS instead (are you using the OS native format function?)
(it's a user report, I didn't try it myself).
But if you read all the new messages, you will find the report.

Sneek support would be great
smile.gif

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
www.wiibackupmanager.co.uk
XP
Country
The format bug should be easily fixed. It's obviously related to the Windows API functions. I'll revert to using my converted FAT32Format code.

Because I've been away a while, I've never heard of SNEEK or other newer stuff. Nice to hear that Gamecube games are playable now.
smile.gif
The format needed for that looks just like an extracted ISO so it should be easy enough. Rebuilding that into an ISO is another story. Even WiiScrubber needs a base ISO to build from. I'll have a look at the wit code, but I find it quite hard to understand (I must be just thick LOL ).

If I do manage to get the ISO build working then multiboot ISOs will be easy to do, but it's beyond my knowledge just now. I did start rewriting the WiiDisc code before my "break" for this exact reason. If only I had carried on at the time, this would've been an easy feature to add now.

I'll obviously look into the other little problems too but I want to add some new functionality, so the bugs will be fixed as I go. What I mean is that I don't really want to spend the next 3 weeks only tracking down bugs, which would be a pretty boring start..

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sorry - Didn't even know you had a break....Still glad you're back

I've been using this without any problem (although not tried stuff like formatting etc) but out of curiosity, is one of the 'features' you're planning anything to do with 'Automatically remembering last drive/folder used' ??

What I mean is, currently when you start WBM, each time you have to re-select the 'Drive 1' and the 'Folder'... any chance of having an option so that when you start WBM up - it automatically selects the last drive and folder that was used ??
(can't see this being much of a challenge - IMHO all it needs are extra lines in an ini for each drive/folder/file option - which is read when the program starts up)

You see when I transfer ISO from PC to my USB HDD I always have the iso's in a particular folder (e.g. 'D:/downloads/iso/') on the PC & the USB HDD is always the same drive letter (e.g. 'F:') - having to reselect each time I start up WBM is a small (but irritating) nuisance

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Totally Nutz :rofl2: +1