XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
ok, it was NOT the temp folder or the settings causing the problems, I continued to get them later... When I trasnfer small batches of games it works fine, but when I go to transfer 20+ it cancels after it reaches almost 100% of the first game. If I get the error again I will report it from my log

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
ok, it seems I cannot export the log anymore... is that currently function broken or is it just me?

here is a pic of the error, I was trying to transfer 4 games this time, and it error at the end of the third one (but the third one did not transfer). After it errors it seems to refresh the game list of my fat32 drive. This is just a guess, but is the drive somehow being disconnected and reconnected, and interrupting the transfer??

ERROR PIC BELOW
28hj528.jpg

Also, would it be possible to make a window pop up when cancelling a transfer? Like a warning, but one that gives me the option to cancel right away, or to cancel after transfering the current game has completed transfering??

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
After looking at the log xflak40 provided, I can confirm the transfer/conversion stops with the "0/8388608 - The parameter is incorrect" error message whenever I try to convert a specific game inside the WBFS partition

FoGBaV

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Isn't there a way to calculate the MD5 Checksum different for EACH partition ... ?

The Partition or the Data in this partition should be calculated so some can say - ok - game partition is the same as the original ... and for all 4,5 Gig Iso fanatics each partition including update and channel etc. can be calculated.

it would be awesome to get a database of each game with the valid md5 checksum - so a ISO Mananger Programm or the usb loader itselve can say : There is something wrong with the game - iso or .wbfs is not the same as the org. DVD ...

FoGBaV

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Only the org. dump will be valid ... there is only one MD5 valid ... changing main.dol or modifying the iso (partition) will change org. md5 and so it is NOT the org. dump.

this was and is still so in warez-world ...8) look at NDS rom files/ mame / etc.

FoGBaV

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jup - that sounds good ..8) - Fair way ...

What i hope is a kind of "Rom" Manager like aready present on GBA/NDS/MAME etc. ...

All Games present on the market can be read with wiidb ore title.txt ore whatever source.

Game partition md5 is also stored somewhere on the internet ... WII Manager knows all HDDs you have and tells what games are missing / incorrect etc. and the source hdd can be displayed ...

I think we will get into the state that all WII ISOS can be placed on one/two/three HDDs ... and in the future - when WII V2.0 comes up ... all crazy wii fans are going to "collect" the "roms" - this is what happend to all consoles in the past.

so - why not begin now with this process ...8)

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@fig2k4, any luck in determining why the app is "timing out" (for lack of a better description)? Do you expect to release a new revision any time soon? No pressure to rush you, just curious (I still have a bunch of games to transfer today/tomorrow, and i would prefer doing them all at once instead of small batches which is what I've had to resort to)

thx

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
www.wiibackupmanager.co.uk
XP
Country
A few reason I can think of..

1. The seek offset and read size isn't aligned to the HD sector size. I don't see how it could be possible, but I have an idea of how to fix it, if that is the problem.
2. The buffer size is too small, which is near impossible.
3. Reading 256 sectors at a time is problematic. I could try reading 1 sector at a time to see.

What I have in mind would fix all 3 of the above, so I'll do it as soon as possible.

BTW, this is still the same old bug that giantpune was having in the old version..
frown.gif

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for the hash thing, i think that since there are hundreds of hashes possible that will result in a valid and playable game, it would be better to do it like nuke did in his USB gecko game dumper. before each chunk of data is copied, it is quickly hashed and then the data is transferred and rechecked. this obviously would slow the transfer down a bit, but not more than a minute or 2 per game. and if a section fails, you only need to redo 1 little chuck and not the entire game.

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
I could add that as well. Verifying that the chunks have been copied correctly.

The main idea for the hash function though, is to be able to verify that the data hasn't changed since it was copied to the drive. Say in 2 months time, after many add/remove operations etc. Or maybe after a power cut, or whatever.. You have some way to verify that the data is still intact.

It's also a good way to verify data for the WBFS recovery dialog. After accidental formatting or recovering deleted discs.

dun4cheap

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off, great app, very powerfull. I noticed a minor bug in the beta 4 on the tabs. The drive2 tab when I address it to a drive letter it changes to Drive 1 - Drive Letter. While the functionaility still works it can be confusing.

Feature Request:

I noticed the ability to select or deselect games from one drive to another, which is a great feature. I also noticed you can set the file to a folder and then have it select only the games that are not present on drive 1 or 2, these are great features, but how about a feature to select files ciso or iso files from Drive 1 or Drive 2 that are not in a folder on my hard drive. (This appears to be possible on a wbfs folder, but not a regular folder with iso or ciso's.

e.g.

Drive 1 (320gig Seagate usb2 drive Formated to wbfs) (All Games Selected)

Transfer to CISO -> Folder Selected is a local drive, that has games on it already, some of which are on Drive 1. If the total games on Drive 1 exceed the available space on the local drive it aborts. (However, it is calculating the identical games already on the local drive) Fails.

Sorry if I am confusing any of you please let me know.

Thanks,

fig2k4

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
I just checked the code and tested DVD->.wbfs and DVD->Drive(FAT32). Both .wbfs files were the expected 3 gig.

Go to the settings dialog and double check the "Max WBFS file size" is 4GB and click OK. Also, check you're settings.ini for "WBFSFileSize=2". There was a little bug that made the log show the wrong setting, but it's set OK in the app.

Do "Files->.wbfs" and "Drive->.wbfs" split OK? Because it all uses the same code and the split size is only set when you change the settings, or when the app loads and reads them from the ini.

@dun4cheap
QUOTE said:
The drive2 tab when I address it to a drive letter it changes to Drive 1 - Drive Letter.
I noticed that and fixed it. :)
QUOTEDrive 1 (320gig Seagate usb2 drive Formated to wbfs) (All Games Selected)

Transfer to CISO -> Folder Selected is a local drive, that has games on it already, some of which are on Drive 1. If the total games on Drive 1 exceed the available space on the local drive it aborts. (However, it is calculating the identical games already on the local drive) Fails.
I think the best option is to pop up a dialog to ask if you want to overwrite the existing files or de-select the list items that exist on the destination (like when transferring to a drive). If you choose to overwrite, the size of the existing files would need to be taken into account when checking the free space. I'd also need to make sure there's enough space for the temp file of the largest file that'll be extracted. So if there's 2GB space and you want to extract/overwrite a 4GB file, it would still abort, even though there would be 6GB of you deleted the original file.

FoGBaV

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ups - sorry fig2k4 - this was really a stupid user failure caused by me ...8)

Didn't noticed the setting option ...

Sorry about wasting your time here ...

Edit :

Another thing : When getting an read error on DVD - the log is telling about this issue ... but i didn't noticed any message ....

for the user it looked like everything went ok ... can you create a message when transfering from DVD goes wrong ?

Thanx

madsap

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
I think that should be easy enough, it's just used as a regular mapped network drive in Windows eh? I could also show network shares if it would be of any use.

Sorry for the delay, but I have been a little off this week. I think showing/using network shares could be great
wink.gif

varkanoid

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi

I have got a GDR-8163B DVD drive that I connect via USB to my PC. It works fine with Rawdump. However Wii Backup Manager lets me select the drive (k) so it detects it but no game info appears in the window below.

Am I missing something ?

Tried doing a search but that did not help.

Many thanks.
unsure.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol