Hacking Wii backup loader......looks real!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jran Sakarra

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This would be in my point of view alot better then a ISO loader because the point of having a extra USBsitck ors External drive sticking out would be a real thorn and would hog some room.
At this rate is we get a running ISO or Back-up loader for homebrew channel or softmodded Wiis then I would see the price on modchips going down some.
Sucks for those of you who already modded your wii.

Praetor192

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
porchemasi said:
This is a 100% real project and is close to a public release based from the videos!

EDIT: BTW THIS IS NOT AN ISO LOADER! IT RUNS SPECIALLY MODIFIED DVDS (burnt from a modified ISO image of a wii game)
Umm.... thanks for the info? ...
we have known this... from pretty much the start of the thread.

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Jran Sakarra said:
This would be in my point of view alot better then a ISO loader because the point of having a extra USBsitck ors External drive sticking out would be a real thorn and would hog some room.
At this rate is we get a running ISO or Back-up loader for homebrew channel or softmodded Wiis then I would see the price on modchips going down some.

That's a very good point... I hope this isn't off topic, but what does everyone else think about that? If this is as big of a success that everyone hopes it is, will the price of modchips come down a little? I know if the price came down on a WiiKey with a clip by $10 or $15, I'd probably get one....

cold4ire

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jran Sakarra said:

y would it suck for having a modded wii, the prices come down for items anyway. with the modchips it did exactly wat people wanted, play backups. without patching.

like i said earlier just worried that it might go the way of psp downgrading. people charging money for it.

rokumanxes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jaxxster said:
dont forget that also reading at 3x could cause slow down in some cutscenes...like when the cyclowiz came out, that was stuck on 3x i believe and some games had issues. Either way, this backup loader sucks for us with modchips cos it just depreciates the value of our consoles now.
Whose fault is that?

Yours for buying a modchip.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
no it can't, it's hardware limitation when using the special DVD mode that allow reading DVD-R without a modchip.. patching this is FAR away from waninkoko abilities

it will lag only for BIG game loading times, at the start of level for example... theorically, this would take 2x the original time so, the longer the original time was, the longer it will appears to you

I bet many people will say "oh no, I can't use this thing, it's only 3x, I need 6x" without even knowing why they need it
laugh.gif

rainrix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jacobeian said:
no it can't, it's hardware limitation when using the special DVD mode that allow reading DVD-R without a modchip.. patching this is FAR away from waninkoko abilities

it will lag only for BIG game loading times, at the start of level for example... theorically, this would take 2x the original time so, the longer the original time was, the longer it will appears to you

I bet many people will say "oh no, I can't use this thing, it's only 3x, I need 6x" without even knowing why they need it
laugh.gif

Yea, people used to shout at our faces that reading a backup without a modchip was impossible due to hardware.
lecture.gif

PKGINGO

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rainrix said:
Jacobeian said:

laugh.gif

Yea, people used to shout at our faces that reading a backup without a modchip was impossible due to hardware.
lecture.gif

Well, these aren't real backups though; They have to be modified, so technically, its not really a backup, just a giant hack to allow it to work.

OzModChips

Trophies
XP
Country
cold4ire said:
Jran Sakarra said:

y would it suck for having a modded wii, the prices come down for items anyway. with the modchips it did exactly wat people wanted, play backups. without patching.

like i said earlier just worried that it might go the way of psp downgrading. people charging money for it.

Modding a wii doesn’t cost much
its cheap as

People pay for convenience -- some people don't want to have to go into a channel everytime they want to play a game - 20 seconds of their life. Its like swap magic for ps2...cheaper than the modchip but people just cant be f**ked in the end.
How about if you make all your backups, and then nintendo rls some firmware that stops....well, it could stop the homebrew channel i guess.

Its a great idea, but to think that people will stop using modchips is quite silly. The price of modchips will not go down.
You guys need to remember that you make up for a very small percentage of the market. Everyone on this forum jumps on a bandwagon, and thinks 100% of the market is on it with them.

if you get the backups loading on a custom menu from a HDD, that is a market changer. Trying to make someone feel bad for spending money on a modchip is like telling someone riding a pushbike to work that they are an idiot. "I can walk to work, and not have to pay the once off cost of buying a push bike". Thats fair enough if you don't have $70~100 to spend....but he will get to work before you, everyday. (hows that for a weird analogy)

Richy Freeway

Trophies
XP
Country
Hitto said:
Yeah, so anyway, you fuckers flamed through 61 fucking pages with your pointless squabbles, congratz.
Better in 61 pages than 61 threads. Who cares anyway? Forums are for pointless squabbles and discussion!

Richy Freeway

Trophies
XP
Country
Why? Pointless exercise. Moderation for the sake of it doesn't do anyone any favours. There's nothing offensive or potentially harmful to the board in here, so it might as well stay as it is.

As soon as anything important happens, like a release, someone will start another thread. This thread is perfect for everyone to speculate and argue in.

LoudMaximus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Richy Freeway said:
Why? Pointless exercise. Moderation for the sake of it doesn't do anyone any favours. There's nothing offensive or potentially harmful to the board in here, so it might as well stay as it is.

As soon as anything important happens, like a release, someone will start another thread. This thread is perfect for everyone to speculate and argue in.

I gotta say i agree with ya there.Theres no harm being done in this thread,and plus theres been nearly as many posts complaining about the number of useless posts as there have been of actually useless posts.Much like this one I'm making now!
grog.gif

shred6waves

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i wonder how this will work with guitar hero games.... like custom tracklists and stuff.

i know the loading time will be 3x not 6x, but with a game like guitar hero i dont know what to expect!

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
GH games should be fine... once you get the initial loading done...

the song plays right from the dvd like a cd, so even at 1x it would be fine, and the "chords" are probably loaded from memory (that's what the load time is for)...

so GH/Rock Band should play fine... just double the initial load time before each song...

PS: hopefully not going too offtopic/flaming... notice that every one that has flamed is now being modded and posts being erased? Serves you all right... if all you wanna do is flame, gtfo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it'll give ya time to practice anyway