Hacking Wii backup loader......looks real!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icecoolwas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh my god! I just thought of something..

Waninkoko makes a new IOS which contains Recovery mode, Or in this case Backup loader.
You Install this.
Whenever you have a backup in your Wii, and before u turn your wii on you hold B it will load the backup disk instead of booting up the Wii's OS, it will just boot the disk (Kinda like a recovery menu for the Wii).
Now if you banner brick your Wii, you can play backups, just press B and boot up done.
but now ur will will be useless as for playing games lol, so we get SEMI-BRICK disk, or waninkoko can make a full Brick disk fix (well not completely full but enough damage to destroy all the stuff apart from the recovery coding) and you boot this disk as a backup and it restores the Wii.
or for second option, when you press B it boots the file Bootup.elf/bootup.elf from the SD card, although I hope the SD card drivers are Implented into the Recovery coding (It might not detect if the drivers get deleted), so then you could boot up homebrew even if your bricked and then you could use gecko OS as a time being alternative until you get some dvd-rs..

rishard10212

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In all honesty, the way you type kinda confused me but that actually sounds like a really good idea.^

If it was possible that would be a different project which would have to come later on...

Lol one project by one.

Deepest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I am at a loss to understand why there is so much chat about how this is going to effect Nintendo, it is no more harmful than what the mod chips are currently doing to them.

The only real difference will be that Soft mods will be more accessible to those "in the know" the ones who are not confident enough themselves or who have no soldering experience.

Personally I'm looking forward to soft modding my wii and cant wait to use it.

Only questions I'd like to ask at this stage are, will you still be able to use wii brick blocker and Regionfrii on these ISO's before patching them with the loader patch?

fuuuuuu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Icecoolwas said:
Oh my god! I just thought of something..

Waninkoko makes a new IOS which contains Recovery mode, Or in this case Backup loader.
You Install this.
Whenever you have a backup in your Wii, and before u turn your wii on you hold B it will load the backup disk instead of booting up the Wii's OS, it will just boot the disk (Kinda like a recovery menu for the Wii).
Now if you banner brick your Wii, you can play backups, just press B and boot up done.
but now ur will will be useless as for playing games lol, so we get SEMI-BRICK disk, or waninkoko can make a full Brick disk fix (well not completely full but enough damage to destroy all the stuff apart from the recovery coding) and you boot this disk as a backup and it restores the Wii.
or for second option, when you press B it boots the file Bootup.elf/bootup.elf from the SD card, although I hope the SD card drivers are Implented into the Recovery coding (It might not detect if the drivers get deleted), so then you could boot up homebrew even if your bricked and then you could use gecko OS as a time being alternative until you get some dvd-rs..
Sounds like a good idea for the future they already did that on the psp so i dont see why it couldnt work!

playallday

Group: GBAtemp Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Framework43 said:
Prime said:
Any update on the release date for this?

No, but it is said that this will be released 2 to 3 weeks
Where did you hear that?

What is waninkoko site?

Well I'm happy about this
grog.gif
I may just get a Wii! (and not a PSP)

EDIT2: #949 reply's as of now
tongue.gif

MrBubbles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I'll only using this for games that will never come to America. Games like that T vs Capcom which was just announced for Wii.

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All the posts stopped because people have been getting banned. Apparently they haven't read the topic title and/or the mod edit in the very first post. I gotta admit, it feels good for them to stfu.

marcan

Trophies
XP
Country
Waninoko has stated (on EOL) that he has renewed his WoW account and therefore won't have much time to work on the backuploader.

You guys can calm down now.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
marcan said:
Waninoko has stated (on EOL) that he has renewed his WoW account and therefore won't have much time to work on the backuploader.

You guys can calm down now.

Haha, excellent post =)

Anyways, if a ISO loader is released, we will notice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: HAPS+ +1