Hacking Wii backup loader......looks real!

Status
Not open for further replies.

atomikramp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Framework43 said:
Over time the 3x problem will probably be fixed so no need to worry about such things
smile.gif

Too bad MArio Kart Wifi doesnt work on it ;______;
frown.gif

i think that if you want to play a game online, you have to buy it no metter what.

Since at the present, online gaming and multiplayer is the only thing that boost games longevity....
if you really like a game and want to play it online, for fun or for profit, you HAVE to buy it.

the only thing i blame nintendo for, is that wifi connection doesn't implement a way to check games played online to verify they are original... both for DS and wii

Lifesnoozer

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
jwbproject.se
XP
Country
atomikramp said:
Framework43 said:
Over time the 3x problem will probably be fixed so no need to worry about such things
smile.gif

frown.gif

i think that if you want to play a game online, you have to buy it no metter what.

Since at the present, online gaming and multiplayer is the only thing that boost games longevity....
if you really like a game and want to play it online, for fun or for profit, you HAVE to buy it.

the only thing i blame nintendo for, is that wifi connection doesn't implement a way to check games played online to verify they are original... both for DS and wii
Nintendo's online modes isn't that good either, no fun playing online since it's so slow and retarded.
I'll stick to my 360 when it comes to online.

atomikramp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
Lifesnoozer said:
atomikramp said:
Framework43 said:
smile.gif

frown.gif

Nintendo's online modes isn't that good either, no fun playing online since it's so slow and retarded.

well, maybe if only ppl with an original game was playing, the service wouldn't be that slow.
if you create a service to host X players with a legit copy, but you have to support also the Y players with a pirated one...
don't blame nintendo for this.

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Lifesnoozer said:
atomikramp said:
Framework43 said:
smile.gif

frown.gif

Nintendo just needs to adopt a "X-BOX LIVE or Playstation Network" So you can view friends that are online ect.

LAA

Trophies
XP
Country
atomikramp said:
Framework43 said:
smile.gif

frown.gif

WHAT?!!!!!!!!!!
WI-FI WONT WORK!
Thats one of the things I want a backup loader for!
Is it possible that a later version of the backup loader could support wi-fi gaming?

The Frenchman

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is really bad, really I don't use my Wii because I don't like it, and I decided to mod it so I could still try the games that come out, but as of now only one game I played and really enjoyed, Mario Galaxy, so I have no shame in saying I have a Modchip in mine.

Piracy shouldn't be so accessible, really, now that a Backup loader is on its way everyone can play backups, which not only puts Nintendo in huge trouble, even more the third parties. (as little there is) The Wii suffered from "Minigame" plague and some companies jumped off the ship, understandably.

Right now my Wii is only used for messing arround with homebrews... and even there it does a poor job, it's such a hassle to just play NES/SNES that I stick with my old XBOX for homebrews. (or even PSP for that matter)

All that long rant to tell you, Nintendo are in enough trouble keeping gamers interrested in their console (don't be blind, as much as it sells, the Wii is still a big fad).

Just look at PSP, it barely has any games comping out now that are worth it...

Anyway, maybe in the end what would be great for gamers is that you all softmod these Wii and do a big FU to Nintendo so they go back to sources and stop just blatantly grabbing money from your pockets. In other words, go back to drawing boards and come back with something good rather than a minigame wankfest like the Wii.

Dear Wii, I hate you.

zapu

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Wii is the only 'big' console I own right now (apart from dreamcast, but its the other story) and I'll be happy to pirate crap out of it. I'm simply tired of nintendo bullshit right now. I own the console (250E in central europe) and I own like 10 games (30 - 50 E each) and I don't feel like buying more. The console is out for 2 years and they can't even adapt normal online system? What the fuck is that? What are they thinking? That wii owners are idiots and won't even connect the damn thing into the internet?

Oh, and when I finally swap friend-codes and all this crap with my friends I can't even chat in-game. WTF? No chat? No EVEN TEXT CHAT? And in the menu I can't message my friends too? Cool.

So people stop whinning about killing nintendo. If we manage to kill them, I swear, they deserved it.

Nottulys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^Good point sir. I've been waiting for this to be released. I dont want to go through all that trouble soddering and what not, when I dont even know how to.

zapu

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Soldiering and modding the wii is not a problem tbh, personally I havent done it because I simply own all 'good' games I wanted to play. Now I will be able to test the shitty ones for free, lol
ohmy.gif

Praetor192

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
elfsander said:
Most (99%) crap games are third party games.

Still I think this isn't a good development. We already have modchips. So why make a softmod?
For the people who don't want to risk their Wii by opening it up and not knowing how to solder, wasting money on a modchip, or paying someone a shitton to mod it for them. Free is cheaper than not free.

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zapu said:
Wii is the only 'big' console I own right now (apart from dreamcast, but its the other story) and I'll be happy to pirate crap out of it. I'm simply tired of nintendo bullshit right now. I own the console (250E in central europe) and I own like 10 games (30 - 50 E each) and I don't feel like buying more. The console is out for 2 years and they can't even adapt normal online system? What the fuck is that? What are they thinking? That wii owners are idiots and won't even connect the damn thing into the internet?

Oh, and when I finally swap friend-codes and all this crap with my friends I can't even chat in-game. WTF? No chat? No EVEN TEXT CHAT? And in the menu I can't message my friends too? Cool.

So people stop whinning about killing nintendo. If we manage to kill them, I swear, they deserved it.

^^^^^^^^^
This has to be the most useful post in this whole 63 paged thread...Seriously.

Nintendo does deserve this. And for those who think otherwise, seriously need to go back to playing the crappy gameboy if you like supporting them so much.

I support them too and all, but when it comes to them being idiots and not giving us what WE want, since they literally bathe in all our money in their gold bathtubs, that's where I draw the line. With all these jobs and people getting laid off, Nintendo still expects people to pay $250+ for a crappy system with, what, about 4 VERY EXTREMELY good games out? Same with the Nintendo DS...all these crappy Anime games coming out really makes me regret getting a new DS.

And with this ISO loader, I would love to see Nintendo try and stop this like they did the flashcart market. They phailed miserably. They made such a big deal out of it, resulting in people going out and buying bulk packages of flashcarts, which made the flashcart companies more money, possibly more than Nintendo made in a week.

And for those who think Nintendo will release a mandatory automatic update to the Wii, is wrong. It is against their contract to release automatic updates without owners permission. So no worries on them bricking your Wii.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
elfsander said:
Most (99%) crap games are third party games.

Still I think this isn't a good development. We already have modchips. So why make a softmod?
Easy answer: because we can. And because... well, it's easier... and cheaper... and less risky... That's about it.

borka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Well you wouldn't believe - we have a price "drop" here, from $370 to... $470. $470 for a bare wii (!).

Framework43

I'm International
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
borka said:
Well you wouldn't believe - we have a price "drop" here, from $370 to... $470. $470 for a bare wii (!).

Might as well order a chipped Wii from modchipcentral.com or another site if your going to be spending that much money :S

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @rqkaiju2, happy early birthday