Hacking Wii backup loader......looks real!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flawsdraw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This revolution will come at it's on pace but I'm getting to the point where the whole concept will be sabotaged.
I want this loader for the fact I can now Softmod Wii's instead of Hardmods, but so many people after it there will surely be a slip up and a fix in no time.

Sorry I am a pirate and that's my intention
frown.gif

Shonic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, this thread has become just like the other thread of the back-up loader with all the spamming and flaming and crap
I may have only made 2 posts here(This is the second), but I am pretty sure I can say right now STFU AND GET BACK ON TOPIC!!!
Edit fail FTL

rokumanxes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Flawsdraw said:
You crazy Mother F*****, seriously what you been smoking???

This revolution will come at it's on pace but I'm getting to the point where the whole concept will be sabotaged.
I want this loader for the fact I can now Softmod Wii's instead of Hardmods, but so many people after it there will surely be a slip up and a fix in no time.

This post was a reference to a 4chan post/meme that was mentioned by another user.
Well... They didn't mention this, but... Yeah, just read up.
It was posted to be found as a light-hearted laugh, and I in no way, shape or form suggest or condone anyone actually
KILLING waninkoko. That's blasphemy... This is madness. Now to stop myself.
I for one would LOVE a backup loader, and I certainly wish to see one released.
I look to waninkoko as the underdog of the wii scene with everyone else just laughing at him.
Think that's silly, and I'm glad to hear he's doing something that will grab the attention of many.

That concludes this post.

rokumanxes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gus122000 said:
YOU'LL NEVER GET YOUR PRECIOUS BACKUP LOADER!!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!
This post feels like it has less substance than the one about the orangutan.
O.o

And... something tells me we will be seeing and using a backup loader soon.
A number of us, anyway.

Unless you've killed wanin....
*facepalm*

What have I done?

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What part of "Stay on topic" confuses you guys?

ANY OFFTOPIC NONSENSE AFTER THIS POST WILL RESULT IN SUSPENSIONS.

Also, replying to posts saying they are spam is just as bad. Just use the report button instead.

Vegeta

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
raulpica said:
Brian117 said:
I'm not excited about this anymore. Now that it will only be read at x3...that means all games will not work.
IIRC, my WiiKey is set on 3x and everything works beautifully.

Why have you set the WiiKey to 3x read speed? Any advantages to 6x read speed?

rokumanxes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vegeta said:
raulpica said:
Brian117 said:
I'm not excited about this anymore. Now that it will only be read at x3...that means all games will not work.
IIRC, my WiiKey is set on 3x and everything works beautifully.

Why have you set the WiiKey to 3x read speed? Any advantages to 6x read speed?

I don't believe the WiiKey has anything to do with a backup loader, please stay on topic.
(Yeah, okay, I'm just being a douchebag now.)

I believe the advantage would be rather obvious, dealing with 3x, in comparison to 6x (in regards to speed).
I'm not completely certain, as I've not modded my wii, but it certainly seems like it would read
data nearly twice as fast.

Vegeta

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
rokumanxes said:
I believe the advantage would be rather obvious, dealing with 3x, in comparison to 6x (in regards to speed).
I'm not completely certain, as I've not modded my wii, but it certainly seems like it would read

No, I meant advantages of 3x read over 6x. Only one I can think of is less drive noise.

rokumanxes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Vegeta said:
rokumanxes said:

No, I meant advantages of 3x read over 6x. Only one I can think of is less drive noise.
Ah.

Some people worry that it reading faster will wear out the drive faster.
I can agree with that as well. Perfectly normal thing to worry about.

But some people say that it causes no harm at all.
It's debatable, certainly.

rishard10212

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay heres what I've got.

Waninkoko is the maker of this backup loader. Not an ISO loader. This backup loader uses a unreleased cIOS. All of which will be released 2-3 weeks from now. The original video was posted by linkinworm. The ISO must be patched in a special way before it can run in the backup loader. The ISO patcher works on Linux and on PC. The ISO can be then burned on a DVD[high qual] and then run with the apploader. It is said that most things should work but tested online MKWii does not. Games are read at 3x speed which may delay loading times. Remember this is the first update and will most possibly updated in the future. In the 2-3 weeks it might also has updated features. Read instead of spamming a question.

I'll add on if you guys remember anything else from before. There is way to much fucking spamm.

Framework43

I'm International
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rishard10212 said:
Okay heres what I've got.

Waninkoko is the maker of this backup loader. Not an ISO loader. This backup loader uses a unreleased cIOS. All of which will be released 2-3 weeks from now. The original video was posted by linkinworm. The ISO must be patched in a special way before it can run in the backup loader. The ISO patcher works on Linux and on PC. It is said that most things should work but tested online MKWii does not.

I'll add on if you guys remember anything else from before. There is way to much fucking spamm.
Games are read at 3x speed which may delay loading times.

Praetor192

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
guys guys don't steal my thunder
tongue.gif
I said I would make a complete FAQ in another topic, with pics/vids, quotes, facts, speculation, rumors, and all the relevant info pertaining to this loader tomorrow. Just continue "enjoying" this thread until then
wink.gif

Christen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It'd be real awesome if we could list from what the testers tested so far, so we know going into it what works and what doesn't.

jaxxster

The Heretic
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
dont forget that also reading at 3x could cause slow down in some cutscenes...like when the cyclowiz came out, that was stuck on 3x i believe and some games had issues. Either way, this backup loader sucks for us with modchips cos it just depreciates the value of our consoles now.

ppc_gba

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there will be definitely be a compatibility page somewhere once this comes out. maybe someone could set one up somewhere (like wiibrew or wikipedia) on a wiki so testers could contribute everything they've tested thus far. i definitely agree that it would be nice to integrate the cheat functionality into the backup loader, and it hopefully won't be too difficult, especially if waninkoko or nuke open their source, or add it themselves.

I've thought of more questions: can this be applied to the vc iso loader so we can store vc games on a disc, and run it without a modchip?
also, i wonder if someone could provide the image of the pink fish restore disc, now that it could be of greater use to everyone.

i know some have asked about the multi-game disc loader (to put several wii games on one disc), but I don't think anyone has yet acknowledged that this is coming for non-chipped wii's.

finally, i read that waninkoko's tool removes some data from an image file when converting it (like around 300 MB). however, this still leaves some games that start out at 4.9 GB too big to fit on a single layer dvd. can we use wiiscrubber/other methods to compress the image before or after the use of waninkoko's tool to make it fit?

definitely when this comes out it would be nice to have (and I'm sure people will make) an easy guide stating what works, what doesn't, and what is being developed. it would be cool if the developers gave updates (on the progress/barriers), or asked the community for help or input as the project is developed. it would give people something to do to ease their "is it here yet" anxiety and allow them to contribute productively. this also is true for the hdd loader and the vc disc loader.

Miles

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ppc_gba said:
I've thought of more questions: can this be applied to the vc iso loader so we can store vc games on a disc, and run it without a modchip?
also, i wonder if someone could provide the image of the pink fish restore disc, now that it could be of greater use to everyone.

I'm pretty sure this wouldn't be needed to do that. But that's going off topic so I'll stop here.

QUOTE(ppc_gba @ Sep 16 2008, 11:45 PM) i know some have asked about the multi-game disc loader (to put several wii games on one disc), but I don't think anyone has yet acknowledged that this is coming for non-chipped wii's.

It's been stated in this thread (by waninkoko himself I think) that they are two separate projects, and they won't work together.

porchemasi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
This is a 100% real project and is close to a public release based from the videos!

EDIT: BTW THIS IS NOT AN ISO LOADER! IT RUNS SPECIALLY MODIFIED DVDS (burnt from a modified ISO image of a wii game)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Oh and Pacman championship edition and jetpack joyride