Lord Kanti

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This is a serious WTF, I have had the wiigator backup channel installed since he released it and it was rereleased as a .wad.

I then recieved the waninkoko app later in a .zip by a forum member who posted it as a bundle.

both have been working for as long as the software has been out, but now today for whatever reason neither want to load, at all.
has anyone confronted any incompatibilities with homebrew apps that may cause the loader to 'go bad' or has nintendo launched a sneak attack against me somehow....

the only other software I can think of that I have used since the last time i used the loader was Geexbox. v.1alpha2

thanks for any advice in advanced, hopefully this can be addressed if there is an incompatibility with other homebrew and I hope this helps anyone in the same boat as i am.

UPDATE:

the homebrew channel is also showing in the upper left corner 'network not initialized'
the loader channel has a lit up green gecko icon in the lower left corner, i am almost certain it used to grey.

AbraCadvr

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
biggrin.gif

Lord Kanti

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have yet to click the youtube link... however i 'fixed' the situation

I unplugged the wii power cord for a few seconds and then after that the ip came back online and I was able to run homebrew again, includingthe loader.....

also, what does the color of the gecko icon signify in the loader? it has returned to gray....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Out of curiosity I clicked the link just now, and wow that was a really assy move. I didnt get pissed or anything because I had temporarily resolved the issue.... but considering there was no real help posted prior to your post, that definitely showed the lack of comradery you have toward fellow wii enthusiasts.

I had searched for answers prior to posting this and even consulted the chat, to no avail.

Although I have resolved this issue for the time being, has anyone else experienced this and is there a certain cause to lock up the loader as well as other homebrew apps? And is pulling the power for a short ammount of time the only fix at the moment?

TehLostOne

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The color means that usb gecko is inserted, gray means it can't find it or it is not inserted. What are the details or your wii. 3.3U etc.

Lord Kanti

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
last update was through mario kart wii

upped to 3.3U

I have recently installed a few homebrew apps, I did a small wave and Id have to check to see what if any of them i can recall, as i delteted ones i didnt like. one that is still on for whatever reason is the map maker. I will look up any others in a moment.

As i said the loader has worked before but it was only today that it failed to load and the ip was not initializing.

since I didnt have a usb gecko installed, any idea why it went green durring the wigout?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Recently installed homebrew

Map maker
mplayer update (not certain)
MFE
WiiMPC
WiiEngine

thats all i can think of at the moment, if i mised something i deleted it and forgot about it.

***on a side note i learned not to delete from FTPii .... my usb drive deleted the files yet teh space taken up bythose files was not freed. I ened up having to reformat the USB.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Lonely here
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Anybody?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I want my money back... Drug test? No drugs to test but they want me to pee in a cup! Lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Better call Pedro you're up in smoke
    +2
  • C @ Clayton44333:
    hey any1 know if there is a new version of the ps4 homebrew store ?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Finally there are people here
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We're figments of your imagination
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: We're figments of your imagination +1