How to put usb loader games on Wii without windows!

(Sorry, the text is very bad. I literally took an hour to update but when I lifted my notifications bar it reloaded the whole page and there's no way I'm rewriting that at 4 am :cry:)

You don't have a windows computer and you want to play Wii games on an usb loader? Then here is the tuto!

All you need:

• A Wii with Homebrew Channel (If you don't have Homebrew, look at another tutorial for the installation and come back if you need to.) If you're using dolphin emulator, you just need a wbfs file of the game, this tutorial isn't made for dolphin emulator.

• Any device that has a browser for downloads and an SD or usb slot (you can also use a microSD and put it in a usb or SD adapter)

• An sd card/usb formatted in fat32

To start you need an usb loader.

There is "usb loader gx" that is popular, it has kind of a lots of functions. You can kind of use it as a "Wii menu" because you have the channel bubbles. But if you're a family with kids I recommend CFG (I'm using it) because usb loader gx can have some "scary" crashes if you have a corrupted game / file. It does black screen text and makes the remotes vibrate. I don't think this would hurt a lot of people but personally this would traumatize me as a child.
But anyways if you do everything correctly that shouldn't happen.
I am not sure that usb loader gx supports sd cards but you can tell me about that.

CFG (configurable usb loader) only loads your usb/sd games. I've been able to change the music and photos (if you want a tuto tell me)

There are other loaders you can check if you want.

So choose a loader and go search for it's download. (Not the wad (channel), the zip/rar... (Folder)) (You usually can install it as a channel when everything is finished)
When it's downloaded, extract it. For the extracting you can use RAR (mostly installable and working) or any other extractor that extracts the installed file.
If you see first the "apps" folder, just extract it to your sd card/usb root. If you just see a folder with the name of the app, Make a folder named "apps" in the SD/usb root and put the folder named the usb loader in the "apps" folder.. Now your loader should appear on homebrew Channel!

Now what you've waited: how to put games on the SD/usb without Wii backup manager/windows.
First take the sd/usb
Go to a good site to download your game (in a wbfs format) install an ad blocker and be sure to not get it from a malware website. I know ads free trustful websites but unfortunately we're not allowed talking about it in GBAtemp.

*Unfortunately, if the game's file size is over ~4gb, you won't be able adding it to your sd card because of fat32 restrictions and will need wii backup manager to split the file into wbfs, wbfs1... (There are some websites that already do that for you so it's not the end of your hope!)
(The downloads are usually in a 7z, rar file and you can take an extractor as for the loader.) After that create a folder named "wbfs" in your sd/usb root. Now search in internet your game's name + gametdb (ex : Super Smash Bros. Brawl GameTDB) . You should see your game in gametdb's website. Copy the game's id (looks like RFBE01) Create a new folder in the wbfs folder and name it what you want but end it with the copied id (with []) example : "A Wii Game [RFBE01]" (don't put any " ) In this folder put the .wbfs game file and Rename it with the copied id (as the upper folder, but only the id) it will look like: "RFBE01.wbfs"
Now eject your sd/usb and open your loader.

Now you can play!

(Sorry if the text is very bad. I literally took an hour to update but when I lifted my notifications bar it reloaded the whole page and there's no way I'm rewriting that at 4 am :cry: (Edit : nvm I privated myself of sleep for this :sad: at least it'll make this tutorial way more understandable))

Last edited by MXRD4K1LL4,
Reactions: Jiba

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You don't have a windows computer and you want to play Wii games on usb loader? Then here is the tuto!

All you need:
A Wii (obviously)
An sd card/usb (don't forget to format in fat32!)
It's not clear how we're supposed to download wbfs files directly from the Wii. I didn't even know the Wii had a web browser.

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You don't have a windows computer and you want to play Wii games on usb loader? Then here is the tuto!

All you need:
A Wii (obviously)
An sd card/usb (don't forget to format in fat32!)

First you need to have homebrew Channel on your Wii. If it don't look another tutorial.

After that you need an usb loader. There is usb loader gx that is popular, have kind of lot functions. You can kind of use it as a "Wii menu" because you have the channel bubbles with your games. But if you're a family I recommend CFG ( I'm using it) because usb loader gx has really scary crash dumps. CFG only loads your usb/sd games. I've been able to change the music and photos (if you want a tuto tell me) I am not sure that usb loader gx supports sd cards but you can tell me. So choose one of the both and go search the download. (Not the wad, the zip/rar... Folder) When it's downloaded, extract it. If you see first the "apps" folder, just extract it to your sd card/usb root. If you just see a folder with the name of the app, Make an apps folder on the SD/usb root and put the folder on it. Now your loader should be on homebrew Channel!

Now what you've waited: put games on the SD/usb without Wii backup manager/windows? First take sd/usb
Same that with the launcher or not. Go to a good site to download your game (wbfs) such as vimm. After that create a folder named wbfs on your sd/usb root.Now search on internet your game name and gametdb. You see your game on gametdb. Copy the id (looks like RFBE01) Create a new folder on the wbfs folder and name it what you what but end it with the copied id (with []) example: A Wii game [RFBE01] In this folder put the wbfs game. Rename it with the copied id (as the upper folder) it will be like: RFBE01.wbfs

Now you can play!
...:wtf:

Perisys1312

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not clear how we're supposed to download wbfs files directly from the Wii. I didn't even know the Wii had a web browser.
It says without a windows PC. Not without a computer altogether.
If the Wii has a browser, it could, in theory, be used to browse GBAtemp. But it would still be useless for this tutorial as nothing can be downloaded with it.
Oh. You're just an annoying person.

the1andonlybk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

All you need:

A Wii with homebrew channel (If you don't, look another tutorial for the installation and come back if you need.)
If you're using dolphin emulator, you just need a wbfs file of the game, this isn't for dolphin.

Any device that has a browser and an SD or usb slot (you can also use a microSD and put it in a usb or SD adapter)

An sd card/usb formatted in fat32

To start you need an usb loader.

There is usb loader gx that is popular, have kind of lot functions. You can kind of use it as a "Wii menu" because you have the channel bubbles with your games. But if you're a family with kids I recommend CFG (I'm using it) because usb loader gx has really scary crash dumps. But if you do everything correctly that shouldn't matter.

CFG (configurable usb loader) only loads your usb/sd games. I've been able to change the music and photos (if you want a tuto tell me) I am not sure that usb loader gx supports sd cards but you can tell me.

So choose one of the both and go search the download. (Not the wad (channel), the zip/rar... (Folder) (You can install it when everything is finished)
When it's downloaded, extract it. For the extracting you can use RAR (mostly installable and working) or other extractor that extracts the installed file. If you
see first the "apps" folder, just extract it to your sd card/usb root. If you just see a folder with the name of the app, Make a folder named apps on the SD/usb root and put the folder named the usb loader on it. Now your loader should appear on homebrew Channel!

Now what you've waited: put games on the SD/usb without Wii backup manager/windows? First take sd/usb
Same that with the launcher or not. Go to a good site to download your game (in a wbfs format)
*Unfortunately, if the game's file size is over 4gb, you won't be able adding it to your sd card because of fat32 restrictions and will need wii backup manager to divide the file into wbfs, wbfs1... (There are some websites that already do that for you so it's not the end of your hope!)
(The downloads are majoritary in a 7z, rar file and you can take an extractor like before). After that create a folder named wbfs on your sd/usb root. Now search on internet your game name and gametdb. You see your game on gametdb. Copy the id (looks like RFBE01) Create a new folder on the wbfs folder and name it what you want but end it with the copied id (with []) example: "A Wii game [RFBE01]" (don't put any " ) In this folder put the .wbfs game file. Rename it with the copied id (as the upper folder, but only the id) it will look like: "RFBE01.wbfs"

Now you can play!
Ok I'm so lost. I have my wii with homebrew channel and homebrew browser. I can play homebrew games they suck. I want to play other games. I downloaded all the emulators that homebrew has that I wanted. Like a psx one a GameCube one Sega and a arcade one ect ect. I have the USB loader dowoaded and installed also. I go to like Vims liar download a game unzip it put it on my USB eject it plug it in the wii than what do I do? Do I start up the emulator that would go with the game on the USB ? That is where I am at and can't get any further any help would be awesome thanks

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok I'm so lost. I have my wii with homebrew channel and homebrew browser. I can play homebrew games they suck. I want to play other games. I downloaded all the emulators that homebrew has that I wanted. Like a psx one a GameCube one Sega and a arcade one ect ect. I have the USB loader dowoaded and installed also. I go to like Vims liar download a game unzip it put it on my USB eject it plug it in the wii than what do I do? Do I start up the emulator that would go with the game on the USB ? That is where I am at and can't get any further any help would be awesome thanks
Good morning,

several possibilities:

either put your homebrews on SD and put your games on USB

OR all your homebrews and games on SD (fairly large SD capacity)

or put everything on USB (your homebrews and games)

and for all this, with a FAT32 partition.

If you use an NTFS format, you will not be able to play certain games (Gamecube and others....)

For Wii games, if you use a game larger than 4GB, you will not be able to put it on a FAT32 partition, it will have to be split in two.

MXRD4K1LL4

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

It kind of depends of what emulator you use but obviously you need ex. to start the Sega emulator to run the Sega game, you usually can select a game file after opening the app.
Different emulators can have different directories for game files. They do not have to go in the wbfs folder as for Wii games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I didn't know they made an MSU cart for the Genesis.... I knew about the SNES one and the...