Wii #1909 - Tatsunoko vs Capcom Ultimate All Stars (USA)

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rare as a developer now isn't even the same Rare when they made those games, that is why they are best to just vanish rather then live off former glories which most of the people in Rare now weren't even a part of.

I'd rather they didn't revisit games, give gamers hopes only to crush them with substandard revivals.

Back on topic, I love this game as its retro as fuck for me. I have no problem with what they did as they never promised it to be anything other than what it is.

RyougaSaotome

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fantastic fight mechanics and the true successor to Marvel vs Capcom 2. Only the smaller cast makes it way more balanced.

Online is going super well. I have a shitty wireless signal here at school and the majority of my matches were still smooth. Impressive Capcom. Very impressive.

ibis_87

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Tried it- nice one! The first fighting game on the Wii that really EXCITED me since the heavenly gorgeous SSBB. Been playing it for hours today- not flawless but overall fairly spectacular and just AWESOME.

Except for one thing- can anyone explain me how to block?! As you might have guessed, I don't have a paper manual
smile.gif

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is one I'll be especially sad to see pirated. I just hope it does well enough in actual sales to not discourage Capcom from putting more effort into developing for Wii.

taggart6

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've got my preorder from Amazon coming in this week. Can't wait!

Played some last night from a demo copy and it felt as good as the JAP version. I was able to unlock Frank West who's air launcher is very effective/brutal. I really like his play style.

Hoping to unlock zero later today and then I'll start working on the tatsunoko characters.

also, has any one else noticed that the ending videos where removed? I was really bummed about that. I guess they didn't want to re-sub then or do voice overs.

saxamo

Spaaaaace!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a lot of fun. But annoying due to the unlockables. But I guess thats what makes a fighting game replayable! I rather enjoy Viewtiful Joe's supers.

The first 2 times i beat the boss I thought he was really hard but the third time around i found out it was quite easy. Just take your time with him! Everything's blockable!

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, i played a bit of the J version, and last night played this one. I beat it 3 times and unlocked Frank West, and i don't know if i'll do much more with it.

My major complaint is the usage of the wiimote nunchuck (i know, you can use a stick or GC pad, or Classic Controller, but i have none regularly available.)

It's like SSBB and MvC2 had a slightly disfigured child. It's an ok play, and i *might* go back and unlock all the characters, but after that... the fact that you can combo and super with single button presses... that REALLY detracts from my enjoyment.

MvsC2 is still the best fighter i've played (and still play. Go ahead, claim unbalanced/broken... i'll prove you wrong
smile.gif
) and this one is a fun utterly dumbed-down version.

However, i think i might be able to get Wife® into this one. She likes SSBB, and has watched MvC2 a lot... we'll see how that goes
wink.gif

qdog82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WildWon said:
Well, i played a bit of the J version, and last night played this one. I beat it 3 times and unlocked Frank West, and i don't know if i'll do much more with it.

My major complaint is the usage of the wiimote nunchuck (i know, you can use a stick or GC pad, or Classic Controller, but i have none regularly available.)

It's like SSBB and MvC2 had a slightly disfigured child. It's an ok play, and i *might* go back and unlock all the characters, but after that... the fact that you can combo and super with single button presses... that REALLY detracts from my enjoyment.

MvsC2 is still the best fighter i've played (and still play. Go ahead, claim unbalanced/broken... i'll prove you wrong
smile.gif
) and this one is a fun utterly dumbed-down version.

However, i think i might be able to get Wife® into this one. She likes SSBB, and has watched MvC2 a lot... we'll see how that goes
wink.gif

If you use any other controller beside the wiimote+nunchuck, the controlls arent dumped down, so i suggest get a cc or cc pro

qdog82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man there are some crazy people online, figthed against a guy who made a 140 combo against me, i couldnt even move!

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
florian said:
ganons said:
what demo version?

yes online not work on the copy for me !!!!!! i think is protected or demo version

It's probably just that the game isn't really mass released yet and it's hard to find people. And qdog found people, so yeah.

Okay, maybe I judged this game a little harshly. Fine, go say what a loser I am. It's a very solid fighter, probably the best next to SSBB (although really, that's not saying much, looking at the other Wii fighters). It's got some small issues with presentation, but fighting wise I like it. A nice balance between fighters means there's not always one combo of characters that everyone abuses, there's plenty of challenge, nice range of characters, and some nice lasting appeal. I'll do a full review soon.

qdog82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
florian said:
ganons said:
what demo version?

yes online not work on the copy for me !!!!!! i think is protected or demo version

It's probably just that the game isn't really mass released yet and it's hard to find people. And qdog found people, so yeah.

Okay, maybe I judged this game a little harshly. Fine, go say what a loser I am. It's a very solid fighter, probably the best next to SSBB (although really, that's not saying much, looking at the other Wii fighters). It's got some small issues with presentation, but fighting wise I like it. A nice balance between fighters means there's not always one combo of characters that everyone abuses, there's plenty of challenge, nice range of characters, and some nice lasting appeal. I'll do a full review soon.

I dont have any problems with the online, usally find people between 20-30 seconds and most of them are smooth, just rarely one which lags.

Nah and nobody says your a loser, you just had a bad start with the game, nothing wrong with that, was just pissed yesterday that you dissed the game about stuff that has nothing to do with gameplay. Sorry for that.

painless

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My 1st time playing this game.... first, this game is EPIC! I love it! Now Im gonna buy it when it comes out
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o