Amount of Continues You're Allowed in Tatsunoko vs. Capcom

RobertX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm asking because I'm wondering if Tatsunoko vs. Capcom is something to get.

Throughout the years of Street Fighter being released to home consoles, I always liked that the arcade emulation of the games is close to perfect; all the way to the continues.

Sure, a thousand continues might be a little excessive to finish a game, but it's just that the finished touches give it a bunch of replay value as well as that it balances the difficulty nicely: not too hard, but with the reward of better endings if not as much continues are used. While limited credits give a challenge, to me, it spoils the fun. I remember back in the day, when my friend and I play Street Fighter, we always like to play each other in arcade mode as opposed to the VS Modes to get that feel. I mean, if you're playing on a real machine, you can theoretically have a thousand and ten continues if you have the money to pay for it. So why the fuck shouldn't I be given unlimited continues? Well, this is not a rant, I was just telling why I am interested in getting this question answered: how many, if applicable, continues do I get for the game Tatsunoko vs. Capcom for the Wii?

Thank you for listening to my tangent and have a good day.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No idea as to the specific answer, and if it is not available as part of a gamefaqs guide or something then I would look into a let's play or something.

What I am more here to say is cheats exist and while 3 continues can be a bit harder to search for than infinite potions where you can start with several dozen it never the less does fall under that remit. If you are making the cheat on PC then you also have savestates, and either way I would probably accelerate its creation by twisting an infinite health cheat to instead set it to minimal health (set damage to max-1 or health to 1 with a conditional less than/greater than) rather than having to spend several seconds for the AI or player do the damage.

RobertX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No, I won't cheat.

I never cheat in games. I stopped cheating in Doom a long time ago. No way I'll cheat here. :D

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nobody is saying you have to play with 1000x health, infinite stamina, one button combo entry... cheats. If you think games are better with infinite continues then have infinite continues; play games how you want to play them, which includes altering them to your whims.

Ouaz

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I remember the continues are unlimited. And the score is reset if one is used.
For my part, in any arcade games (racing, fighting, shmup, or puzzle games), I never use continues.
1 - It prevents to improve skills faster.
2 - Without using any continue, playing for the highscore is more incentive and more rewarding.
3 - After some training, clearing a high difficulty without continues feels so good. ^^

Reactions: Lostbhoy

RobertX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, me too.

Still, I'd rather have them around for emulating the genuine article.

Back to the World Warrior example, I always enjoy playing against a human player in an arcade mode rather than the VS. Battle.

I can't really justify it, I suppose it's a fetish.

Do I need psychological help:? :D

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I love Tatsunoko vs Capcom.

It has unlimited continues, but to be honest, you would be a n00b to even need one.
The best replay value part for me in that game is the Survival Mode.
I still don't know how the fuck I have a record of 61 Wins with Jun the Swan and Chun-Li ಡ⁠ ͜⁠ ⁠ʖ⁠ ⁠ಡ

Something I hate though, is the button set-up, only 3 buttons for all your hits when I'm used to 4 (Jab, Kick, Fierce and Roundhouse) and many years after not playing Tatsunoko, coming from KOF and Capcom vs SNK makes Tatsunoko feel so wrong.

Reactions: Lostbhoy

RobertX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Now another question: can you start as the 2P position (facing left)?

Hope it's not too off-topic, but still.

Not as important to me though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's a shame some people's cake always resort to the same taste