Wii #0529 - Dairantou Smash Brothers X (Japan)

• Thread starter JPH
  • Start date
  • Views 164,098
  • Replies 961
  • Likes 1

FrozenOne23

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Nice one
laugh.gif

da_rula

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I have 1 Q though: I have a Wii with WiiKey, and I also have the SL-copy of SSBB. I´ve done the 15%-trick, and it works wonderful. Now to the Q: Can i burn a copy of the DVD9-SSBB, and just do a BrickBlocker on it, since the update is already "complete" and working?

Yes, im absolutely sure that u don't need another Update. The DL Update is the same as in SL Version.
I haven't tested it yet, but i will directly burn a RegionFrii'd+Brickblocked DVD9
smile.gif

RayJT9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Quick question, couldn't see it anywhere:

Am I better off using DVD+R DL or DVD-R DL to write this?

Any other specific instructions I should adhere to in order to increase the chances of this working?

Thanks in advance.

--Ray

UchihaE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Quick question, couldn't see it anywhere:

Am I better off using DVD+R DL or DVD-R DL to write this?

Any other specific instructions I should adhere to in order to increase the chances of this working?

Thanks in advance.

--Ray
on the front page it says ''This image is DVD9 full tested with DVD+R DL '' so im guessing you should go with DVD+R DL based on that statement
tongue.gif
burn at 4x speed

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Nice news =)
So does anybody know what program can burn DL backups???

Thx in advance

Some people use IMGBURN but I personally recommend CloneCD by Slysoft (can find it cracked on Usenet or torrents etc.).
I've used the app to burn over 80 Verbatim 8.5GB Dual Layer DVDs for my 360 and have only ever had 1 bad burn which was due to the ISO being corrupt.
If your only using it to burn this game you can grab a free trial from SlySoft.com that I think lasts for 30 days.
Theres also a newer version of the app called AnyDVD or something like that but I've never tried it out.

Kenshin2k

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ehm.. i got a question..

with metroid prime 3 you had to do the 15% trick by using 2 dvds (one copy unbrickblocked,and one copy brickblocked)

with SSBB do i need again 2 copies..or just run the update (break by 15%) and then run the game..??

thx would be really nice if someone will help me

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes, this works with Wiikey and yes, you need two copies just like with MP3. Perhaps that note on the release needs to be updated.

shadowboy

:D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just got all 312 songs from smashboards. The torrent went at 350 kbps, so it took one hour for all those songs. THIS.IS.THE.MOST.FUCKING.EPIC.OST.EVER. Get it now, you won't regret it.

Also, I prefer the sl dvd dump to this one. I will wait to play sse and classic till the english version, and with the sl one I can still do awesome versus matches
happy.gif

Sobol14

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
sobol14.narod.ru
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I've got some questions.
1) Will the savegame file from SL works on DL version?
2) I've already do the MP3 trick for the SL, is there any need to do this again with DL version?
3) And finally will the DL version working with Briskblocker used on it?

Keylogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I can confirm it works on PAL Wii + Wiikey 1.9g

I haven't use WiiBrickblocker and had to do the 100% update (so I have the duplicate channels) but it works =)

Burned on a DVD-R DL with IMGBurn at 4x

Do you know if I can patch the iso with RegionFrii instead of the Wiikey Region Override?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
  • I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu:
    i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub: