Wii #0529 - Dairantou Smash Brothers X (Japan)

• Thread starter JPH
  • Start date
  • Views 164,253
  • Replies 961
  • Likes 1

enriqueiglesias

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
So phoenix, once again to be clear:

You tried booting the DVD9 "as is" (no brickblocker, no regionfrii) on you wiikey (which I'm assuming has multiregion turned on) and what was the result? Did it show the channel logo, did it try to run the update or did it just plain didn't work or gave you errors?

fenix4o9

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hmm I wonder if DVD write speed makes much difference. I think my burner maxes at 4x for DL, so I'll give that a shot and let you know how it is.

30 min left.
biggrin.gif

antpod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
frenrihr please check your pms, thanks

hey, fenix did you regionfrii your copy? do you even have to since its a wiikey??

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ugh i hope wiikey fixes this before the american release. I don't want to burn this on a DL disc only to brn the american version when that one comes out on another DL disc. I've already used 2 dvd-rs burning the single layer release to do the 15% trick.

fenix4o9

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

You tried booting the DVD9 "as is" (no brickblocker, no regionfrii) on you wiikey (which I'm assuming has multiregion turned on) and what was the result? Did it show the channel logo, did it try to run the update or did it just plain didn't work or gave you errors?
ok wiikey
usa wii
nero 6 ultra
winrar
memorex dvd+r dl
regionfrii the dvd 9 disk worked
when i tried brickblock i got an error i dono what the error was my brickblock is in some other lang

when i put in the dvd9 it tried to update
so then i put in my dvd 5 with region free and brickblock done to it loaded up the game. at the menu took out the dvd 5
and swaped in the dvd 9
everything works

just 2 b clear i used the 15 trick to start with the 2 copies of the dvd5 vers

fenix4o9

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ugh i hope wiikey fixes this before the american release. I don't want to burn this on a DL disc only to brn the american version when that one comes out on another DL disc. I've already used 2 dvd-rs burning the single layer release to do the 15% trick.
wiikey is fine no update needed just need a new update to brickblocker

Puxel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The torrent is dead, standing. Im downloading pretty fast for a pub, and we only have 1.6% of the game available. Anyone care to seed?

edit: decimal.

epu708

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Indonesia
he's messing with you all

no im not it works with the wiikey we need a update to brickblocker so we dont have to do the swap trick
but the swap trick and the dvd 9 works with the usa wii with wiikey playing story mode now watching vids and everything about to make a video
so, you did the swapping to bypass update or it is bcoz wiiked wii won`t read DL?
I have 3.1 J so the update should be fine for me, but i still need info bout wiikeyed wii read DL back up.

fenix4o9

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

ok wiikey
usa wii
nero 6 ultra
winrar
memorex dvd+r dl
regionfrii the dvd 9 disk worked
when i tried brickblock i got an error i dono what the error was my brickblock is in some other lang

when i put in the dvd9 it tried to update
so then i put in my dvd 5 with region free and brickblock done to it loaded up the game. at the menu took out the dvd 5
and swaped in the dvd 9
everything works

just 2 b clear i used the 15 trick to start with the 2 copies of the dvd5 vers
read ^

Carnivean

STARMAN
Trophies
XP
Country

no im not it works with the wiikey we need a update to brickblocker so we dont have to do the swap trick
but the swap trick and the dvd 9 works with the usa wii with wiikey playing story mode now watching vids and everything about to make a video
so, you did the swapping to bypass update or it is bcoz wiiked wii won`t read DL?
I have 3.1 J so the update should be fine for me, but i still need info bout wiikeyed wii read DL back up.

He swapped because the DL copy tried to update and he doesn't want double channels.

edit: lawl too late.

Kuronekokun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So just to clear it up and help others out with their questions...

How to get DL SSBX copy working without duplicate channels:

-Setup-
Console: NTSC-U (v3.1 U)
Chip: Wiikey 1.9g
Region Override: on
Read speed: 3x

-Steps Taken-
1. Get the SL release.
2. Burn two copies of it. (one normal / one with brick blocker)
3. Insert the normal copy, start the update.
4. Do the 15% trick so you're able to run the brick blocked copy without getting duplicate channels, etc.
5. Get the DL release. (no need to RegionFrii it)
6. Burn a normal copy on DVD+R DL media using ImgBurn. (2x / 2.4x to be safe?)
7. Start the game using the SL brick blocked copy, and swap discs when you get to the main menu - everything should work including SSE.

correct?

frenrihr

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

torrent died at 1.5

enriqueiglesias

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
That's what I thought.

So from what I understand, he simply used the swap trick to avoid having to run the update on the DVD9 disc, since brick-blocker didn't work on the DVD9 ISO and he didn't want to run the update.

But the DVD9 disc also booted fine on his wiikey, as I thought other japanese people that tried it had said.

So no need to update wiikey to play the game, only brick-blocker if you don't want to run the update (or alternatively, use the swap trick with a brick-blocked DVD5 release).

Cool.

fenix4o9

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So just to clear it up and help others out with their questions...

How to get DL SSBX copy working without duplicate channels:

-Setup-
Console: NTSC-U (v3.1 U)
Chip: Wiikey 1.9g
Region Override: on
Read speed: 3x

-Steps Taken-
1. Get the SL release.
2. Burn two copies of it. (one normal / one with brick blocker)
3. Insert the normal copy, start the update.
4. Do the 15% trick so you're able to run the brick blocked copy without getting duplicate channels, etc.
5. Get the DL release. (no need to RegionFrii it)
6. Burn a normal copy on DVD+R DL media using ImgBurn. (2x / 2.4x to be safe?)
7. Start the game using the SL brick blocked copy, and swap discs when you get to the main menu - everything should work including SSE.

correct?
yes but i regionfrii the dl and the brickblocked copy just 2 b safe lol but yes thats what i did

i dono what speed my wii drive is set 2 so ya sorry

ad0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

torrent died at 1.5
This is a comment of the torrent:
"Don't download the file yet, it has an error, the uploaders are fixing it and then they will give a new torrent."

I don't know if it's true or not, but since the torrent died something has to be wrong.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SMG4 @ SMG4: hi