T. A.

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Game doesn't work on PAL ...............

.......... if your wii menu language isn't ENGLISH

Correct, as i experienced that point in germany. It didn´t run as my Wii was on german. Than a friend told me to switch the language to english. Than the game runs perfectly.

I think it's a good game. A fast arcade racer. I can see why some people might find it hard to steer because it tells you on the controls screen to hold the remote with the buttons towards you and turn it like a steering wheel, ie: move the ends up and down.

It's wrong. You have to move the edges in and out or the way I did it, hold the remote with buttons facing upwards and move the ends up and down. After that it steered great. Also you double tap the throttle or brake to slide around corners. The controls are great.

I don't understand NP's 3.5 score at all, just need to kick some proverbial online now.

Thanks for the hint with your type of steering, i will try it this evening.

A few friends and myself are sharing your opinion and we don´t no either why the reviews are that bad about this game. OK the online-mode is a bad copy of the Nintendo online-mode but it´s a step into the right direction. But so far we can not play a game with just 3 friends or was that possible for someone else? We experienced that we can only play with exacty 2, 5 oder 6 players. So when you are just 3 oder 5 players, you have a problem. Can anyone confirm this? Another thing is the communication as in all online-games. We for ourselves are playing with headsets and teamspeak which increased the fun of the game enormously.

Ok.. IMHO steering will never be easy with the wiimote..
just my opinion though..
either give me a nice force feedback wheel, or a d-pad for racing..

I could not agree more.
I hope they don't screw up the controls in Mario Kart!

I could not agree more either. It makes me angry that i can not choose between the wiimote-steering wheel-method or the digi-pad-method (for example). In most racing-games they forced us to choose this obvious but kind of stereotype kind of steering, which is intuive and funny - no question - but it´s ever good to have an alternative like in BRAWL. I hope they are gonna make these different steering-methods in Mario Kart too.

mackem

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks for the hint with your type of steering, i will try it this evening.

A few friends and myself are sharing your opinion and we don´t no either why the reviews are that bad about this game. OK the online-mode is a bad copy of the Nintendo online-mode but it´s a step into the right direction. But so far we can not play a game with just 3 friends or was that possible for someone else? We experienced that we can only play with exacty 2, 5 oder 6 players. So when you are just 3 oder 5 players, you have a problem. Can anyone confirm this? Another thing is the communication as in all online-games. We for ourselves are playing with headsets and teamspeak which increased the fun of the game enormously.

I think it's either 2, 4 or 6 players but there isn't enough people playing online at the moment to have a 6 player game. There's a program to download from this site in the downloads section that tells you how many people have connected to Nintendo's online games in the last hour, WFC Status, and the most I've seen connected to Nitrobike is 4 people in an hour.

I had a few online races with someone last night on head to head and the poor lad was obviously using the remote like a steering wheel as I'd finished the race before he was halfway round. Once I'd finished the race, the camera then showed him struggling to turn around the corners, then he gave up.

The developers are online today to take people on with some sort of competition. I'm going to try and race them later.

QUOTENitrobike Developers Challenge the Public All Day Monday 1/21/2008

Up to 100 Left Field Productions Custom Limited Edition T-Shirts to be given away free!!!

Developers from Left Field Productions will be playing Nitrobike online all day Monday 1/21/2008. They'll start at 12pm PST and play until 9pm PST or later. There will be a minimum of 3 Developers playing at all times.

All Left Field Productions team members will play a maximum of 3 events before heading back to the lobby to pick up new players. This will assure everyone a chance to play against the Developers.

On top of your chance to smoke a member of the Nitrobike Development team, the first 100 people to place ahead of "LFPBrent" will receive a custom limited edition Left Field Productions t-shirt.

LFPBrent had this to say about the challenge: "There's no way I'll be beaten Monday!!! I'm confident all 100 of those t-shirts are coming home with me Monday night and placed on E-Bay."

If you happen to place ahead of LFPBrent, send an email to [email protected] with:

"I Beat LFPBrent" in the subject lineNitrobike Online User NameTime of day you beat LFPBrent (Make sure to include your time zone)Mailing AddressT-Shirt ****(S, M, L, XL, XXL)

If it all matches up with our server information and you're one of the first 100 people to place ahead of LFPBrent, a custom limited edition Left Field Productions t-shirt will be headed your way. Please allow 6-8 weeks for delivery.

Remember, it's only the first 100 players to finish ahead of LFPBrent. Get online early for the best chance of winning a limited edition Left Field Productions t-shirt.

Below is the list of Developer screen names that will be playing all day Monday:

LFPBrent

LFPTony

LFPAustin

LFPJamie

* In order to win the t-shirt, players must race and beat the real LFPBrent (and not an imposter). While Left Field Productions can't control whether imposters play, we will use server information to verify winners' claims.

dydy

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mode online not working
frown.gif

mackem

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mode online not working
frown.gif

Online works, it's just there's not too many connected at any one time at the moment. I've had a few two player races but there's never 6 people online to start a game. You'd think they'd tell you how many were connected like Madden and MOH.

It seems the Europe release will have a different way of starting an online game according to the makers. The USA version waits for 6 players before starting but the PAL version will time out and start with whoever is there. Which means Europeans will only be allowed to play europeans I'm guessing just like Madden unless they play the NTSC version of the game.

QUOTEthe matchmaking in the USA version of the game is like Tetris and it waits.

In Europe, the matchmaking times-out like in MKDS.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Imagine putting your butt near it :tpi: