Status
Not open for further replies.

Zhark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
They wiki here says you can updated the chip using a cable method ... so i guess for that update you need the cable method ..

If they do that, I will kill someone... WTF!!!

Wait a second.... will the wiikey team be thinking about milking us with a new way of upgrading the chip instead of a simple program in a DVD? Do they think people would buy more hardware to upgrade that piece of s* modchip? They better not be thinking along those lines.... or else......

or else I'll go and buy the real SMG and a cyclowiz
hate2.gif

ozzyzak

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
"As ever, we appreciate your patience and support while we do this."

lol. no one with the wiikey (including me) is patient about this. cyclowiz has it up and running, which makes us even less patient. they really need to get off their asses and stop with the generic comments

I have a Wiikey and I'm patient. The fact is, this game isn't even due out until the 12th. Holy shit, just wait a little bit. The leak time on this game is gigantic, I think we can wait a little longer to still be playing this game a week before everyone else.

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like taking the Wiikey out and putting Cyclowhiz in instead.....does anyone know if the same connections are used....if so i`ll just unsolder it of wiikey instead of the mainboard.....

yea,they are. i used to have a cyclowiz, but fried it in the update (while writing, i switched the switch at the wrong time), so i took it out and put in wiikey. exact same connectors

EDIT:@ozzy - good point
biggrin.gif
as long as it's fixed by the 12th, it'll still be sweet

TheVirus

Trophies
XP
Country
Uganda
Do the x360 still die?
There is no modchip for Ps3, I dont have blueray burner and downloading 50gb? no
I decided to go for wii cause dvd-r is a cheap media now, downlaoding and storing 4.3gb is not that much ...
I never thought big N has that sort of tech gurus that can make a protection ... args ...
Yep
I have a PS3 just waiting for a custom firmware from Dark_Alex.
wink.gif

All games that for now is comming out on a Blu Ray of 25GB and not 50GB.

I cant take any more 360 bashing and people talking about stuff they dont know about

1st of all, ps3 games are NOT 50 gb not even 25gb.. Hell i doubt any are over 6 gb. The files are so big because of dummy files, and if you extract it, madden for the ps3 is about 4 gb. There is no news of dark alex fw on ps3, the only advancement on ps3 is from the 360 guys who have switched to the ps3 because of boredom. 2ndly, the 360s do not get 3 rings of death that much anymore. IF they do once out of a blue moon, the warranty they have covers the unit for 3 years. If you look at recent sales, Sony is hurting bad... very bad. Thus the big sale on that new white ps3 without wifi. They are trying anything to save their console and their sales. The ways to play backed up games on a ps3 would be burnt/dumped games to the hdd, not blu ray burnt games

anyways a little on mario,

I currently am trying to insert keys/diff intro sequences but i unsign the damn code every time. The game can/will be patched. You might not even need a modchip update, so everyone chill out.. all i see is a bunch of people 24 hours into the release of the game bitching and complaining. I have about 4 iso's broken down and comparing to mario.

are we forgetting where we actually go this game?

please.. stfu and if you have something valid to say say it otherwise i dont think anybody cares how sad you are

and btw, xbox 360's can do HD wmv.. in which rippers/encoders take your "omg so good" blu ray and encode it for 360. 360 users get the benefit of both hd formats and some with the format support.

If anyone can help on resigning the code/replacing * i know i know, dev kit* email me please

AMEN!

K|ng D&#124

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I cant take any more 360 bashing and people talking about stuff they dont know about

1st of all, ps3 games are NOT 50 gb not even 25gb.. Hell i doubt any are over 6 gb. The files are so big because of dummy files, and if you extract it, madden for the ps3 is about 4 gb. There is no news of dark alex fw on ps3, the only advancement on ps3 is from the 360 guys who have switched to the ps3 because of boredom. 2ndly, the 360s do not get 3 rings of death that much anymore. IF they do once out of a blue moon, the warranty they have covers the unit for 3 years. If you look at recent sales, Sony is hurting bad... very bad. Thus the big sale on that new white ps3 without wifi. They are trying anything to save their console and their sales. The ways to play backed up games on a ps3 would be burnt/dumped games to the hdd, not blu ray burnt games

anyways a little on mario,

I currently am trying to insert keys/diff intro sequences but i unsign the damn code every time. The game can/will be patched. You might not even need a modchip update, so everyone chill out.. all i see is a bunch of people 24 hours into the release of the game bitching and complaining. I have about 4 iso's broken down and comparing to mario.

are we forgetting where we actually go this game?

please.. stfu and if you have something valid to say say it otherwise i dont think anybody cares how sad you are

and btw, xbox 360's can do HD wmv.. in which rippers/encoders take your "omg so good" blu ray and encode it for 360. 360 users get the benefit of both hd formats and some with the format support.

If anyone can help on resigning the code/replacing * i know i know, dev kit* email me please
- Ok sit down and relax. You know what processing the mainbord of micosoft console is. Its a very cheap proces where they mount the chips on a bad way. There still RoD's. A little group of people have already 2-5 consoles returned to microsoft. and the still have it some times with the new ones.

- PS3 games already dumped and burned on the blu ray and did the swap trick on firmware 1.50. And the still burned on the 25 GB Blu Ray but i didn't say the games are 25 GB. Just read the lines. Do not think for me.

- That Dark_Alex was a joke...just see the
wink.gif
on the end.

- What you do for Mario Galaxy. I'm not a hacker or coder so i think you do a great job!!!!!! Keep it up and support "morrons???" like me.

- Why do i need the STFU? I think i give someone an answer. If you don't like it you can reply on it in a better way.

- Every media file can be converted to MP4 for PS3. Maybe in the future PS3 firmware will support more formats.

- I don't know your age but act like a grown up.

- So in the meantime. I like your work on Mario to try for a lot of people that it might not nessesary to update the chip. But to crack the new protection to create a tool maybe.

thnx

ozzyzak

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
- Ok sit down and relax. You know what processing the mainbord of micosoft console is. Its a very cheap proces where they mount the chips on a bad way. There still RoD's. A little group of people have already 2-5 consoles returned to microsoft. and the still have it some times with the new ones.

- PS3 games already dumped and burned on the blu ray and did the swap trick on firmware 1.50. And the still burned on the 25 GB Blu Ray but i didn't say the games are 25 GB. Just read the lines. Do not think for me.

- That Dark_Alex was a joke...just see theÂ
wink.gif
 on the end.

- What you do for Mario Galaxy. I'm not a hacker or coder so i think you do a great job!!!!!! Keep it up and support "morrons???" like me.

- Why do i need the STFU? I think i give someone an answer. If you don't like it you can reply on it in a better way.

- Every media file can be converted to MP4 for PS3. Maybe in the future PS3 firmware will support more formats.

- I don't know your age but act like a grown up.

- So in the meantime. I like your work on Mario to try for a lot of people that it might not nessesary to update the chip. But to crack the new protection to create a tool maybe.

thnx

I don't know dude, I'm not sure he was talking specifically to you. Secondly, he's acting more grown up than a lot of posters in this thread. He's one of the few I've seen on here that is actually making an effort to do something other than bitch at the wiikey team.

taggart6

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Looks like taking the Wiikey out and putting Cyclowhiz in instead.....does anyone know if the same connections are used....if so i`ll just unsolder it of wiikey instead of the mainboard.....

Yes and no. Some wires are the same though you'll need to solder the chip to a toggle switch to turn on its upgrade feature. Just compare the cyclo and wiikey install manuals.

K|ng D&#124

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't know dude, I'm not sure he was talking specifically to you. Secondly, he's acting more grown up than a lot of posters in this thread. He's one of the few I've seen on here that is actually making an effort to do something other than bitch at the wiikey team.
That is exactly what i ment. Everyone is bashing out the Wiikey or the other mod keys that has not update yet. He is trying to hack or code the Mario Galaxy. And that is a very good job. Thanks to these guys the trying to crack something or make a mod chip i have respect to all!!!!!!!!!!!

datahoarder

Organized.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does everyone not realize that BASHING does no good to any of the parties involved? There should be more team sportsmanship, because whether we like it or not, by each modchip getting updated it helps any other modchip that still needs some support, as well as benefits the modding community as a whole.

What people need to realize is that we're all looking for the same result, just hope that everyone gets what they are looking for, as it all ends up helping out eachother and reaps the benefits towards the end. I just hope Cyclowiz realizes this and helps the WiiKey, Wiinja, WiiD and any other modchips out on the market, even open-sourced. VIVA LA WII!

nstavros

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hrm, so according to you and 2-5 of your random buddys the 360s crapped out

like i said, they are replacing them and with the new heat sync there should be 0 problems. If its so cheap why do 99% of games look better on 360? do some research, have fun looking at most games in 30fps, while i can at 60.

Im by far not a fan boy, i have both and hate my ps3

mp4=garbage medium for video

I have never heard of this swap trick, ever. IF you are reffering to the ps2 one, you can gladly cut a whole in your ps3.. no thanks for me. And madden, with a dummy file is 8.7 gb. So please link me to this swap thing? or even the ps3 swap tutorial.

Linux on ps3 is the only upside the 360 does not have. With the old 360 kernel you can run ubuntu. Soon the new kernel will be patched and home brew can begin.

as for wii, i hate you nintendo lol. Trying to compare and contrast games=teh sux

And one more time, if anyone can aid me please go on efnet and join #flossin or #wii-ftw

we could use some help. Going at it for about 10 hours now and need some out of the box input

K|ng D&#124

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Does everyone not realize that BASHING does no good to any of the parties involved? There should be more team sportsmanship, because whether we like it or not, by each modchip getting updated it helps any other modchip that still needs some support, as well as benefits the modding community as a whole.

What people need to realize is that we're all looking for the same result, just hope that everyone gets what they are looking for, as it all ends up helping out eachother and reaps the benefits towards the end. I just hope Cyclowiz realizes this and helps the WiiKey, Wiinja, WiiD and any other modchips out on the market, even open-sourced. VIVA LA WII!
Woohoo....AMEN!!!
Stick the hands together and WII make the world better.

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

No way. There's no way cyclops will give the code to Xeno(wiikey makers). Then there wouldn't be a reason to buy the cyclowiz. Right now everyone will want to buy a cyclowiz who has an older chipset.

this sucks but it's the way it is..I know I for one will be replacing my wiikey with cyclowiz if Xeno doesn't step up soon.

Zhark

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Dude that sounds like southpark material.... a bunch of pirates singing: arrr we are the world (wii)
don't make me f**** laugh!
rofl2.gif

ozzyzak

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Dude that sounds like southpark material.... a bunch of pirates singing: arrr we are the world (wii)
don't make me f**** laugh!
rofl2.gif

Yeah, does anyone really believe that crap they talk about giving people choice and letting them see first hand what they're buying? No, mod chip makers get into it for the money, first and foremost. There will be no sharing of code.

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I mean, yeah, it would be good for the modding community. But are Pepsi and Coke supposed to share recipes for the good of the beverage community?

katsuce

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
And one more time, if anyone can aid me please go on efnet and join #flossin or #wii-ftw

we could use some help. Going at it for about 10 hours now and need some out of the box input
I'd be more than glad to help, but I really don't have the knowledge to do anything, and am totally sorry for that. Let's hope someone here (or somewhere else) will be able to help you guys
bow.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :ohnoes: @NoiseCommander3DS Would you please turn down that noise. I haven't had my COFFEE yet... +1