Wii #0330 - Super Mario Galaxy (USA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbyte

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The console wouldn't ignore it, it would just return unauthenticated. And no it wouldn't be playable on unmodded Wiis because the disc has to be authenticated first by the Wii's internal firmware. Maybe the game itself calls the authentication procedure. I'm not too certain how authentication exactly works on the Wii.
k, i know what you mean now. so the game would spoof a DVD-R authentication request for example, which normal consoles would throw back unauthenticated but the chip would authenticate it.

this is actually an extremely clever idea, i'm surprised they didn't do this on other consoles.

the only reason i can think of when this wouldn't work is if the system only accepted auth requests when booting a game, and it'd just ignore them after that.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
once again, can't be a modchip detection since the original copies seem to run fine on modded wii systems

[/quote]

Perhaps it cán detect the modchip, but doesn't care if the game itself is original. Because that means you have paid for it.

lozislove

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just wondering, has anyone tried blocking the .iso update (it has an update, right?) using a program called Wiizle Diizle Shiizle? It's a program that patches the region and blocks updates. I wouldn't have a clue if this would be any help, but perhaps it's worth a try? But since SMG has new copy protection it'll most likely do nothing.

Sorry if my idea is silly or something. I just want to help and play the game as much as everyone else. =p

WarioIta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
as far as I know, modchips, once wii is in debug mode, turn off. so I think the real problem is in the dumper; I think someone should figure out a way for create a valid dump. Anyway, original game is working on modded consoles, dose not it?

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I think it's either a new support check, and they have started using new supports that aren't compatible with standard DVDs, or they have put in code to detect modchips by seeing if RAM is modified in real-time by a modchip on the support check.

once again, can't be a modchip detection since the original copies seem to run fine on modded wii systems

Yes. They can detect it, if my idea is correct. Original copies work because modchips do not need to modify RAM to play them, so the code doesn't shows any message and you can play it normally.

QUOTE(WarioIta @ Oct 28 2007, 02:50 PM)as far as I know, modchips, once wii is in debug mode, turn off. so I think the real problem is in the dumper; I think someone should figure out a way for create a valid dump. Anyway, original game is working on modded consoles, dose not it?
Wii doesn't go in Debug mode (otherwise we would have homebrew, now
wink.gif
) It's the drive that goes in Debug mode, allowing RAM to be modified.

tgc_9013

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Could someone try this?

-Load a different game like Super Paper Mario.
-Let the game boot.
-Quickly swap the disk with the Super Mario Galaxy disk before the game actually begins.

KINGOFNOOBS

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

raulpica

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Could someone try this?

-Load a different game like Super Paper Mario.
-Let the game boot.
-Quickly swap the disk with the Super Mario Galaxy disk before the game actually begins.

Thought about it. It shouldn't work, because offsets in code are probably different
wink.gif

Also, if I remember correctly, the Wii stops the drive, if the disc is ejected.

But trying doesn't cause any harm (I hope
ph34r.gif
)
wink.gif

Someone try burning it using Dual Layer disk.
lawl, maybe it's a dvd9 game and they've dumped it as dvd5
biggrin.gif

but then again that wouldn't explain the error message
wink2.gif

Thought about it. Instead, it could explain it
wink.gif
Wii can check the support type, like any drive
wink.gif

S

shyducky

can someone check the booktype bitsetting from the original dvd? thanks in advance...

raulpica

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Look at GT4 on PS2, easily could've been a DVD5 with just a little more ripping. It's a possibility, can't ignore that. Wish I had a copy of the original cause you can usually tell by looking at it if it's a DVD9.
It's not so easy on Wii. Initially, everyone thought that even Wii Sports was on a DL. From what we know, Nintendo supports are similiar to DVD (or are DVD, but with some booktype change, or similiar) but not DVDs. Modchips exactly do that, ignore the support type, and let DVDs boot.

Hit

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I hope this is fake, becouse if it is true....then we are screwed 'couse every new game will have this protection!!

if NINTENDO use on the news game this protection!!...THE WII IS DEAD IN THE FUTURE
You'r fucking stupid?
Modchips = No games sold to Modchippers but to normal wii's
No Modchips/Patch= Games sol to modchippers and to normal wii's
Which means if modchippers stop playing wii there wont be diffrence
SO STFU
Nintendo does his best to make a good console and you freakin faggot(If the stop illegal copy's Wii will die) LOSER!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @TimeMaster, what happenned?