Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nauru
finally..jeesh

[07.10.30] Second Update on Super Mario Galaxy Issue
As per the announcement made yesterday regarding our Super Mario Galaxy progress, we are pleased to announce a DVD
update (1.9c) that will allow bypass of the new protection. Please note that this update is strictly a beta, use it at your own risk or wait for the official release.

We wish to thank everyone for their patience during this time and hope for your continued WiiKey® support.
haha that was great
biggrin.gif
you should have made it longer and added couple of hidden jokes
tongue.gif

people relax, just keep pressing F5 (or playing Z&W or some other great game
smile.gif
)

gamecubex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Quick update on the wiikey situation :

The wiikey team had 1 main coder for the wiikey . He was a twat and didnt even finish the 2.0 update ,hence the 1.9 being just a beta still .

Anyway , different people are working on it now (infact the d2c key coders).

the cyclowiz update was already almost finished. It was written to improve code transfers and by pure luck , it worked on the new protection . That is why it was released so quickly .

The wiikey people have to create the update from scratch, this takes some time.

So lets all be patient for now
wink.gif

(from Wii-Reloaded) Wii-Reloaded had it from www.tehskeen.net

frown.gif
i think we have to wait a long time until we can see the update

stok3d

Retro Gaming Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
finally..jeesh

[07.10.30] Second Update on Super Mario Galaxy Issue
As per the announcement made yesterday regarding our Super Mario Galaxy progress, we are pleased to announce a DVD
update (1.9c) that will allow bypass of the new protection. Please note that this update is strictly a beta, use it at your own risk or wait for the official release.

We wish to thank everyone for their patience during this time and hope for your continued WiiKey® support.

haha that was great
biggrin.gif
you should have made it longer and added couple of hidden jokes
tongue.gif

people relax, just keep pressing F5 (or playing Z&W or some other great game
smile.gif
)

glad to see someone has a sense of humor..
rofl2.gif

LOTG

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Quick update on the wiikey situation :

The wiikey team had 1 main coder for the wiikey . He was a twat and didnt even finish the 2.0 update ,hence the 1.9 being just a beta still .

Anyway , different people are working on it now (infact the d2c key coders).

the cyclowiz update was already almost finished. It was written to improve code transfers and by pure luck , it worked on the new protection . That is why it was released so quickly .

The wiikey people have to create the update from scratch, this takes some time.

So lets all be patient for nowÂ
wink.gif

(from Wii-Reloaded) Wii-Reloaded had it from www.tehskeen.net

frown.gif
 i think we have to wait a long time until we can see the update

Well they are saying it is allready fixed and its just the delivery whats the problem, so what they lie on their site?

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Please do not bitch about the lack of a Wiikey update or any other modchip. All non-helpful and stupid posts henceforth will be trashed and you wont receive your delicious cake at the annual GBAtemp party.

You MAY bitch if you must in THIS thread ONLY.

Anyone attempting to spread fake news or files as a joke or otherwise may find themselves warned or banned.

You can still discuss the prospect of a Wiikey update but don't post anything not helpful, be stupid, or flame. Remember this is a topic about discussing Super Mario Galaxy not discussing what a modchip team is up to.

Mr_Grinch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No complaining but currently does anyone know if Super Mario Galaxy NTSC works on a Pal Wii? And I mean the original, not a copy. I import most of my games (once reading up on here they work) for reasons of price and release dates.

Of course Mario Galaxy isn't important to me in that factor as it's released in Pal-land at the same time as it is in the states, but it'll be interesting to know for future titles using this protection.

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
At the yaosm forum (finally back online!) they are aware of the problem too. The code is opensource and some users are already discussing possible solutions. Although I have no idea what they're exactly talking about, I think it looks good and a solution may be expected soon.

Renegade_R

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No complaining but currently does anyone know if Super Mario Galaxy NTSC works on a Pal Wii? And I mean the original, not a copy. I import most of my games (once reading up on here they work) for reasons of price and release dates.

Of course Mario Galaxy isn't important to me in that factor as it's released in Pal-land at the same time as it is in the states, but it'll be interesting to know for future titles using this protection.

Yes, it works on PAL, but the included update will give you duplicate weather and news channels. A small side effect. There appears to be no way to avoid this.

(See? This is real conversation...not...OMFG WHERZ MA WIIKEY UPDAT??)

jimmyjam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The chinese working day is almost over. Time for everyone to forget about the update for at least a few hours. Enjoy your break everyone.

Cocytean

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yup, I live in Beijing, and it's 17:20 here now. Businesses usually stay open until about 7 o' clock, but I'm guessing the Wiikey team aren't an actual 'business' - probably a couple of guys in a room somewhere. *sigh* - another night to go without Mario... :'(

jonm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
if you already have the duplicate channels from running a US Metroid Prime 3 on a PAL system will this ad another 2 or will it just remain the original 2 extra?

Jools07

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Are people really expecting this today or even this week? Fingers crossed it's before launch (12th Nov) but look how long it took previous news on WiiKey to go from announcement to the files being available. I'm sure the couple of guys working on this can't dedicate their whole days to this. Maybe late this weekend is possible?

Cocytean

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OK, here's an attempt to stop people asking the same questions again, and again, and again:-

What we know so far....

1) SMG works pefectly fine on all D2CKey modded Wiis
2) If you are lucky enough to have a Cyclowiz which can be updated, you can install an update on your modchip by downloading it from the GBATemp website (see 'Home' page)
3) SMG works on all Cyclowiz modded Wiis with this upgrade. However, if you have a PAL-modded Wii, the update will create two duplicate channels on your Wii (news and weather). The update will NOT brick your Wii
3.5) If you already have two duplicate channels from MP3, you WON'T get two more!
4) The trick used for MP3 (the 10% update trick), does not work with SMG - people have tried it at every percentage, and the game just restarts the update upon reinsertion
5) Wiikey owners are not able to play the game YET. The Wiikey site has a message posted saying that they have cracked the copy protection, and are now trying to figure out a way to distribute it to all Wiikey owners. There has been no indication of how long this will take, but it's fairly safe to assume it won't be in the next five minutes, so please stop asking!
6) People emailing the Wiikey team have annoyed them so much that they've removed their 'Feedback' link. So STOP annoying them! Let them work on the problem in hand!
7) All iso patches posted on various sites have proven to be fake. SMG requires an update to your modchip itself, so don't waste your time downloading them - you'll probably just bugger up your computer.

That's about it...

Now - how about the game!!!!! More info you lucky Cyclowiz owners, PLEASE!
grog.gif

osirisFIVE

Trophies
Website
www.imperfectgrandeur.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Are people really expecting this today or even this week? Fingers crossed it's before launch (12th Nov) but look how long it took previous news on WiiKey to go from announcement to the files being available. I'm sure the couple of guys working on this can't dedicate their whole days to this. Maybe late this weekend is possible?

Wait wait, you're saying that this stupid demo bullshit will not be the only way to get a copy of Super Mario Galaxy?

That's frikkin' awesome man, I mean like all this while I thought I had to update my Wiikey inevitably.
I'm more of the Geometry Wars person. Personally, SMG's all like whatever, what GeoWars is the shizz.

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I only want to see comments here that deal with the game itself.

People are going crazy. Stop talking about the fucking Wiikey NOW! Get a life!

I think everybody who asks about this Wiikey update deserves to be insulted in a HORRIBLE way (something about sexual intercourse and the woman who gave birth to you)

Redsquirrel

Trophies
XP
Country
At the end of the day, if wiikey dont update their chip - i expect their bussiness to end because everyone would not buy Wiikeys. I expect everyone who bought one (including wholesales) would try and return.

So I do think we will get an update eventually, it just might take a few days or so.

People need to chill. Moaning about it isnt gonna make it go any quicker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @NinStar, i dont have a wii u so not me
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Steam
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I'm seeing a bunch of people trying to sell consoles for way more than what they are actually worth (regardless of the overall conditions) just because of the fucking motherboard revision
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I get the amount of work behind it but it's more to brag hey look at me original hardware
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I was so confused when I saw 3 consoles costing twice as much as the average price you would expect
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I'm going to melt
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Going to smoke a bowl, eat pizza, drink a beer, and watch I Saw the TV Glow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Why do people on YouTube keep making themselves glow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh joy, heat wave all week where i live
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    plus there's thunder and lightning outside, and it'll rain soon, there's somehow no tornado watch tho
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and to make it worse, the heat didn't sway my brother away from wanting to spend some time swimming on his birthday tomorrow
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    idr where in the US the heat wave is
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    idk if I'm in it or not
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    midwest, near me and bigonya
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    ah fuck NJ is in the heat wave
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    we're cooked, possibly literally
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    if you have a habitable basement, the heat shouldn't be down there and that's where you should hang out
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    No, but, the air conditioner in my living room gets fuckin icy
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    In a good way, not as in a "my coils are freezing" kind of way
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Not everyone lives in theirs mom's basement gosh
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Not everyone lives in theirs mom's basement gosh