Wii #0305 - The Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night (USA)

rbt1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
mvlw-sen if it's ok to post this info.

Will test this on PAL and update the wiki once I'm done with the other releases. Sweden had a qualifying match in football for European championship today, not been paying attention to the computer.

rbt1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Got the compressed stuff 2.4GB, yes. And it is working as far as it is a real .iso

It's working on PAL so I'll update the wiki. Just tested 480P but guessing others will work too.

Edit: Working in all modes, but please dont force me to actually play it.
cry.gif

Where is "Backyard Football 2008 - USA - MARVEL" ?!?! Cant comment on it without a post.

rbt1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I didn't think it was, but this release is 2.4BG and it decompresses to 4GB. So the whole DVD doesn't need to be scrambled/encrypted for it to be working. A shrink tool might be in development for all the kidgames that cant be more than 500MBs?!
biggrin.gif

TaMs

Randomizer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
wow spyro. remember playing all these oldschool games on psx. crash and spyro. now we need new gex.
biggrin.gif

Pikachu025

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I haven't checked, but I guess they used something I've thought about for a while now: Open the ISO in a hex-editor, take a good guess of how much the game actually uses up, then erase everything from the start of the game data partition till the part where you think the actual game data starts.

So, for example, if you think the game uses 700 MB, delete everything from the start of the data layer till about 4000 or so MB in. This allows far better compression and shouldn't prevent the game from actually running, assuming you didn't accidently erase too much.

Now, I admit I haven't actually tried this theory, but I don't see why it shouldn't work.

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Allright I gave it a try. And my first impressions aren't negative. It looks allright, only on my PAL Wii the speech stopped working after the first minute. So you see 'em speak but don't hear 'em. Probably a NTSC vs PAL issue I suppose...

*EDIT* Okay it crashes now! This sucks!

aardvarks

Trophies
XP
Country
Allright I gave it a try. And my first impressions aren't negative. It looks allright, only on my PAL Wii the speech stopped working after the first minute. So you see 'em speak but don't hear 'em. Probably a NTSC vs PAL issue I suppose...

*EDIT* Okay it crashes now! This sucks!

my kids have been on this for an hour, havnt had any problems with audio or the game!
pal wii 3.01 wiikey 1.9
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/7bH4YgV.mp4