Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Styles420

Styles420 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    My biggest thing is, why do cell providers want us to pay $30 a month for something that clearly doesn't need a monthly subscription - we're already paying monthly fees for the airtime and data access, why should we have to pay more to use it in a different way? It's still the same 1's and 0's going through their networks...

And to those of you who say, "But you're transmitting more data with tethering" - if the plan says unlimited data, then there is already no limit...

2. purplesludge

purplesludge anyone have any ideas for this space

United States
    Nice trolling. One person said haha and no one said it was done by hackers. Seriously fifty hundred. You must be retarded.

3. Krestent

Krestent What to post?

United States
    I was also surprised about this. Luckily for me, I was able to get the app before it went down.

4. gamefreak94

gamefreak94 GBAtemps (Un)Official Illogical Poster

United States
    When did Nintendo fail 5,000x harder than apple. If I remember correctly they are one of the most selling companies in the world.
    I mean even an 8 year old is able to jailbreak an ipod touch. I don't consider flashcarts as hacking. Its more like a external storage space for the ds.

5. DunkrWunkah

DunkrWunkah GBAtemp's Official Dunkr

United States
    It's a pretty cool flashlight app.

6. Krestent

Krestent What to post?

United States
    I don't think he's talking about flashcarts. I think he's talking about Wii softmodding.

7. Urza

Urza hi

United States
    I like how when someone points out a single amusing parallel to a different beloved company, everyone immediately jumps on him spouting absolute nonsense excuses for why this is not similar.

It's only "unlimited" if you're using it in a certain way (and ATT doesn't have any unlimited plans anymore). If they simply allowed free tethering, their network would be completely cluster-fucked, as it's pretty bad as it is.

Honestly, the internet's overuse of the word "fail" has pretty much caused it to lose all meaning.

8. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Australia
    there's an app for that! what do you say now apple? [​IMG]

9. SifJar

OP SifJar Not a pirate

Ah yeah, what was the name of that WiiWare game that actually installed HBC? Oh yeah, that's right. There wasn't one.

Nintendo have never distributed something that actually includes a hack against their system like this does. It is completely different. If, for example, Nintendo accidentally allowed a WiiWare game that lets you play burnt discs or something, yeah, the two would be comparable. As it is, no, they are not.

10. Urza

Urza hi

United States
    The main difference being that the iOS AppStore has over 225,000 pieces of software. It's not comparable to the Wii Shop Channel at all, where Nintendo has the luxury of thoroughly vetting each submission, the majority of which come from reputable developers.

11. SifJar

OP SifJar Not a pirate

And that means Nintendo fails how...? Apple and Nintendo both made choices as to how to run and market their stores.

12. BakuFunn

BakuFunn Flameproof.

United States
    Nintendo has widespread piracy through a jackson-worth flashcart that works by dragging a couple of $30 games in, and Apple accidentally approved an app that allowed a few people to tether legally for a day or two.

Am I being a fanboy by pointing out facts, or are you being a hater?

13. SifJar

OP SifJar Not a pirate

"tether legally"? Since when was tethering illegal? Jailbreaking is perfectly legal to the best of my knowledge.

14. Urza

Urza hi

United States
    My point being that if the members of the forum must use the term "fail" (which I disagree with in the first place), Nintendo and most other large software producers have as many "fails" as anyone else.

They're both incredibly profitable though, so to use the term "fail" is pretty silly, especially for minor slip ups like this.

15. Scott-105

Scott-105 Bow to me. Please?

Canada
    This thread should be locked.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Tethering, snuck, Apple

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.