Hacking Why Zelda?

Phratt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why is it that only zelda enables the hack?

If its just the long title that does it, can't enabling homebrew be used in other games?

I dunno, I need an alternative because I'm VERY low on cash, and for some strange reason 8 different block busters got their Zelda twilight princess' stolen.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The bug was found on the gamecube version. Did you know that Zelda is the only game released for both Wii and gamecube? Before the hack nobody could debug wii games, so it would have beed a lot more difficult to find a bug in any other wii game.

Phratt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wolffangalchemist said:
the only other way i think i saw once was hacking some vc game saves that are a certain type of save.
anyway you can just rent the game for $5 and install hbc problem solved.

Did you not listen to me?

Block buster is the only rental company in my area and all 8 of them don't have any. Some people (person) stole the game from them. They told me straight up, each and every one of them "Looks like someone rented it and never returned it...".

Posts merged

QUOTE(WiiPower @ Dec 28 2008, 01:38 AM) The bug was found on the gamecube version. Did you know that Zelda is the only game released for both Wii and gamecube? Before the hack nobody could debug wii games, so it would have beed a lot more difficult to find a bug in any other wii game.

Wait, so i can hack it with the gamecube version?

PLEASE TELL ME THATS POSSIBLE

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Phratt said:
wolffangalchemist said:
the only other way i think i saw once was hacking some vc game saves that are a certain type of save.
anyway you can just rent the game for $5 and install hbc problem solved.

Did you not listen to me?

Block buster is the only rental company in my area and all 8 of them don't have any. Some people (person) stole the game from them. They told me straight up, each and every one of them "Looks like someone rented it and never returned it...".

I think some pirate stole it. Got Zelda for the twilight hack to run pirated games and then asked himself: "Why this difficult?".

QUOTE(Phratt @ Dec 28 2008, 12:40 AM)
Wait, so i can hack it with the gamecube version?

PLEASE TELL ME THATS POSSIBLE

No, in gamecube mode the wii hardware is turned off.

gundalf

Trophies
XP
Country
I am pretty sure Team Twiizers has more exploits found.
But why bring them as long Zelda works? Dont forget that nintendo trys to block them
wink.gif

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well in that case(excuse me for my obliviousness from you saying you can't rent it i have been up 24 hours as of now).
do you know anyone who owns a copy?
maybe some one might lend you one for a day to do the hack.

Sahduk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because zelda iz teh awsomu! No but seriously im a little tired of people only wanting zelda because of the hack, its an amazing game and people should really take the time to play it and enjoy it
happy.gif

but to answer your question, I have no idea.

Wiisel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wasnt bushing messing with lego star wars before TP hack came out ?

edit* I always thought the other exploit he refers to that they are working on was the zelda hack or HBC

Phratt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wolffangalchemist said:
well in that case(excuse me for my obliviousness from you saying you can't rent it i have been up 24 hours as of now).

Its okay, and the only person I know that has a Copy is some kid that hates me cause i cursed out his mother. I asked him today, and he said he'd think about it.

Do you think if I asked Marcan or something, he'd tell me some other way?

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Phratt said:
wolffangalchemist said:

Its okay, and the only person I know that has a Copy is some kid that hates me cause i cursed out his mother. I asked him today, and he said he'd think about it.

Do you think if I asked Marcan or something, he'd tell me some other way?
i doubt it and not be cuz he is mean or anything(if he was mean we wouldn't have the twilight hack) it's just the last thing we need is the next best hack to be leaked and i think they know that.
i think boot mii will be a new way when it's released.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Wiisel said:
wasnt bushing messing with lego star wars before TP hack came out ?

edit* I always thought the other exploit he refers to that they are working on was the zelda hack or HBC

I think this was a trucha signed disc in a wii with modchip.

that_dude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Phratt said:

If its just the long title that does it, can't enabling homebrew be used in other games?

I dunno, I need an alternative because I'm VERY low on cash, and for some strange reason 8 different block busters got their Zelda twilight princess' stolen.

You can take a 1 week trial subscription for gamefly ;-) and then cancel it before the monthly charges start..

Phratt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that_dude said:
Phratt said:

You can take a 1 week trial subscription for gamefly ;-) and then cancel it before the monthly charges start..

Can't, Lack of Credit card...

be9ine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where do you live that they ONLY have blockbuster? And 8 of them? That's lame. Isn't there some other small business where you live that might have it? I live in a pretty small town in OR and there are at least two or three smaller businesses that carry game rentals. I rented my copy of Zelda to do this hack for $3. Have you thought of posting something on Craigslist? Maybe you could do a plea for someone to let you borrow their game, and offer to hack theirs when you're done with it?

Phratt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
be9ine said:
Where do you live that they ONLY have blockbuster? And 8 of them? That's lame. Isn't there some other small business where you live that might have it? I live in a pretty small town in OR and there are at least two or three smaller businesses that carry game rentals. I rented my copy of Zelda to do this hack for $3. Have you thought of posting something on Craigslist? Maybe you could do a plea for someone to let you borrow their game, and offer to hack theirs when you're done with it?

No Paypal or credit card, I don't know if i can pay someone online by any other means.

And I live right outside in somerville(MA), its a pretty small city (but dense) and It has a few local stores but none of them sell Wii games. And Its not like there isn't any in the Whole boston area but since i cant drive 9 miles is as far as I can possibly go, and in a 9 mile radius, there are only 8 blockbusters, and 3-4 locals. All of which don't have the game, because of The Zelda Bandit(s).

Jizmo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't mean to be rude, but I can't imagine that I would want anybody who can't find a way to get more than 9 miles from their home getting anywhere near the nand on a Wii. I think you need to try a little harder. I would take pitty on you but I'm far away. Do your parents ever travel farther away than 9 miles? I was just thinking next time they go somewhere you could hitch a ride. Shit, now I am being rude. Somebody get this guy a zelda disc.

Now that I give it a second thought. Many geniuses (SP?) have the common sense or social skills of a child. I knew a guy when I worked at a place in Fort Lauderdale, he was brilliant with code and playing chess and stuff, but he couldn't make a bread and butter sandwich or hold a 2 minutes conversation with the opposite sex. But this was 30 years ago and I think he could have found a copy of Twilight Princess somehow.

In short what I'm trying to say is....

MAN UP!

Phratt

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jizmo said:
Don't mean to be rude, but I can't imagine that I would want anybody who can't find a way to get more than 9 miles from their home getting anywhere near the nand on a Wii. I think you need to try a little harder. I would take pitty on you but I'm far away. Do your parents ever travel farther away than 9 miles? I was just thinking next time they go somewhere you could hitch a ride. Shit, now I am being rude. Somebody get this guy a zelda disc.

Now that I give it a second thought. Many geniuses (SP?) have the common sense or social skills of a child. I knew a guy when I worked at a place in Fort Lauderdale, he was brilliant with code and playing chess and stuff, but he couldn't make a bread and butter sandwich or hold a 2 minutes conversation with the opposite sex. But this was 30 years ago and I think he could have found a copy of Twilight Princess somehow.

In short what I'm trying to say is....

MAN UP!

Lol, you ramble alot.

Anyways, I can take buses or whatever but the thing is, The most money I have is 10.84, I can't Spend money on Train and Bus like that. And I would definetly get lost tryin to walk across the Whole of Boston.

Jizmo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea, I've been accused of the Rambling thing. Guilty as charged.

I just gotta believe there's somebody in your area that you can contact who has a copy of it. Unless I'm grossly overestimating the number of people who have softmodded. But seeing how it's now missing from all the rental places sounds to me like there's a whole buncha softmodding going on it your area. I bet if you hang out at Blockbusters all day and ask everybody who comes in an looks at the Wii rentals if they have Twilight Princess, you'll find somebody who would have it and let you borrow it, by this method I think you could easily get your hands on a disc in no more than 5 or 6 months.

I would bet that the last 3 months has seen more sales and rentals of Twilight Princess than when it was new.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Eo3Bh06drc