Hacking My Nintendo Switch got banned

SwitchUser

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I am not here to complain about this.
I just want to share the whole thing. maybe it is helpful for someone who wants to hack his console
what I have done:
1. Installed the CFW
2. enabled the eMMC and Blocking Nintendo servers by putting emummc.txt into the hosts folder
3. downloaded some homebrew including a cheat tool and emulators

4. modded the Zelda Breath of the Wild and played it
5. set a proxy service to speed up the network.

I keep the sysNAND clean. and all seemed to be fine until I received the card of Zelda Tears of the Kingdom and tried to update it.
Well. it is what it is
I didn't even try to install pirate games.

Since I don't play online games, I am not very frustrated about it, just a bit disappointing.
My original purpose was to enable cheats in games.
as long as I don't install pirate games. things will be fine. I thought
Alright. I was totally wrong

• Sad
Reactions: BigOnYa

thesjaakspoiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
No, the moment you try to connect to the eShop or any of the Nintendo update servers you're out.
I also only installed the homebrew Pplay app to be able to watch videos on my Switch and got banned for that by Nintendo.
I'll just be a pirate for life now. *harhar*

MaD_mAnIaC

In a mad world, only the mad are sane
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
2. enabled the eMMC and Blocking Nintendo servers by putting emummc.txt into the hosts folder

That's not how you setup hosts blocking. You didn't block nintendo servers and got banned, nothing unusual here.

You should have kept the sysnand 100% stock and go online with original carts only. Then you create an emunand with all nintendo servers blocked and play your backups there. Been doing that for years, never had a switch banned...

SwitchUser

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
That's not how you setup hosts blocking. You didn't block nintendo servers and got banned, nothing unusual here.

You should have kept the sysnand 100% stock and go online with original carts only. Then you create an emunand with all nintendo servers blocked and play your backups there. Been doing that for years, never had a switch banned...
I think the blocking has taken effect at first.

I ran a network test in the emunand and it said it can not reach the server.

but after that. I set a proxy server in the network and ran a test again and it said connecting successfully...

then I ran 90dns Tester and it reported all Nintendo servers were blocked.

somehow, I still received a system update in the emunand although 90dns Tester said all Nintendo servers were blocked.

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No, the moment you try to connect to the eShop or any of the Nintendo update servers you're out.
I also only installed the homebrew Pplay app to be able to watch videos on my Switch and got banned for that by Nintendo.
I'll just be a pirate for life now. *harhar*
What do you mean with "installed", running from the home menu (guaranteed ban) or from the homebrew launcher, entered via holding R when starting an application/the album buttom? In the later case you probably missed something else in your setup, which is especially likely if you used a complete pack. If it's the homebrew launcher and you didn't use a complete pack, I would like to know which guide you used to set it up to identify the likely culprit of the ban.
Nintendo normally doesn't ban when using stock atmosphere and normal homebrew.
Post automatically merged:

but after that. I set a proxy server in the network and ran a test again and it said connecting successfully...

somehow, I still received a system update in the emunand although 90dns Tester said all Nintendo servers were blocked.
Are you sure the update came via internet? Because cards can also contain updates, which will be installed if the switches firmware is lower then the one of the game card.
Also why exactly do you think you switch is banned now? Did you maybe have prodinfo blanking enabled and tried to connect to the internet with that enabled on sysnand?

SwitchUser

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
What do you mean with "installed", running from the home menu (guaranteed ban) or from the homebrew launcher, entered via holding R when starting an application/the album buttom? In the later case you probably missed something else in your setup, which is especially likely if you used a complete pack. If it's the homebrew launcher and you didn't use a complete pack, I would like to know which guide you used to set it up to identify the likely culprit of the ban.
Nintendo normally doesn't ban when using stock atmosphere and normal homebrew.
Post automatically merged:

Are you sure the update came via internet? Because cards can also contain updates, which will be installed if the switches firmware is lower then the one of the game card.
Also why exactly do you think you switch is banned now? Did you maybe have prodinfo blanking enabled and tried to connect to the internet with that enabled on sysnand?
I am sure the update came via the internet. because I always keep the system up to date and all the cards I have are a bit old.
and I am sure my Switch got banned because it said "This console has been restricted from using network services by Nintendo"

Nephiel

Artificer
Trophies
XP
Country

Two most likely causes here:
1) What did you put in your hosts/emummc.txt?
2) What proxy did you set up, and how?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?