Hacking why you dont like emu nand ?

BADDINOROX99

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But I've recently seen 2 posts of people simply booting GW on 11.3 SysNAND that ended up with a brick. I think Nintendo added code that caused this in the latest update.
launching gateway on 11.3 doesn't brick or kill A9LH those people that are claiming it are either GW haters trying to spread panic or UPDATED their sysnand in GW sysnand mode I updated on of my ds's to 11.3 and launched GW after I got black screens and blue light hard reset booted LUMA just fine afterwards

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But I've recently seen 2 posts of people simply booting GW on 11.3 SysNAND that ended up with a brick. I think Nintendo added code that caused this in the latest update.
Define brick. GW doesn't support 11.3 firms yet, which people seem to claim as a brick when in reality, they don't know the difference between shit cfw and bricking...

Sketchy1

gbatemp's shadiest warez dealer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i know that there is AHL9 , but i prefer to use nand emulation because i can install everything without fear and i almost brick my N3ds when i downgroaded it from 9.6

people dont exactly hate emunand, its just they dont like others saying something older is better, despite something newer like a9lh bringing the same benefits, and then some. (hence why pretty much every answer to "x dosent work on emunand" is upgrade to a9lh)

what most people fail to realize is that its not their system, so they have no right to dictate what is better for someone else.

point being, its up to the end user to decide which they like more.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

But I've recently seen 2 posts of people simply booting GW on 11.3 SysNAND that ended up with a brick..
thats completley false, because only a9lh with gateway support is shot, NOT regular a9lh.
what im saying is they can still update to another a9lh. nintendo hasnt bricked anything.

Reactions: ih8ih8sn0w

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
(hence why pretty much every answer to "x dosent work on emunand" is upgrade to a9lh)
Except for the part where A9LH is not a replacement for emunand :P

But yeah: emunand is not recommended because sooner or later people who use it will likely complain "how do I change SD cards" or "GBA/DSiware just reboots"

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
people dont exactly hate emunand, its just they dont like others saying something older is better, despite something newer like a9lh bringing the same benefits, and then some. (hence why pretty much every answer to "x dosent work on emunand" is upgrade to a9lh)

what most people fail to realize is that its not their system, so they have no right to dictate what is better for someone else.

The issue that I have with others using emunand is that they don't know how to set it up, or even how to maintain it. Emunand is not something people need. A9lh is something noobs need because it is safe. If you can't even figure out how to differentiate emunand from sysnand, you should not be using emunand when you have a simple alternative.

Sketchy1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you can't even figure out how to differentiate emunand from sysnand,
lmao, if you cant follow the simplest of instructions though, why bother with cfw :rofl2:

Except for the part where A9LH is not a replacement for emunand
partially true, because most threads i see do in fact just tell the op to just forget the emunand.

Reactions: ih8ih8sn0w

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
partially true, because most threads i see do in fact just tell the op to just forget the emunand.
Ye, but A9LH is a launching method (that competes with classic .dat browserhax, 3dsx browserhax/menuhax plus an exploit chain, etc) - it would be perfectly possible, although foolish for most, to use sysnand with those; emunand only competes with sysnand ;)

Sketchy1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's why gateway was created ;)
well your not wrong......
but their a chinese flashcard shit, they profit off of leeching nintendos success :ha:
but to correct myself then, i doubt thats why every cfw (other then gateway) was created.

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

thats completley false, because only a9lh with gateway support is shot, NOT regular a9lh.
what im saying is they can still update to another a9lh. nintendo hasnt bricked anything.

Define brick. GW doesn't support 11.3 firms yet, which people seem to claim as a brick when in reality, they don't know the difference between shit cfw and bricking...

launching gateway on 11.3 doesn't brick or kill A9LH those people that are claiming it are either GW haters trying to spread panic or UPDATED their sysnand in GW sysnand mode I updated on of my ds's to 11.3 and launched GW after I got black screens and blue light hard reset booted LUMA just fine afterwards

Fair enough, I was going off of the 2 claims. Thanks for confirming this.

Last edited by el_gonz87,
Reactions: BADDINOROX99

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another con for emuNAND is the fear of accidentally updating sysNAND. It usually shouldn't be a problem, but there is always a risk if you don't pay attention while updating the firmware. If you accidentally update sysNAND you lose all your hacks, whereas with A9LH you are supposed to update sysNAND anyway.

Sketchy1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another con for emuNAND is the fear of accidentally updating sysNAND. It usually shouldn't be a problem, but there is always a risk if you don't pay attention while updating the firmware. If you accidentally update sysNAND you lose all your hacks, whereas with A9LH you are supposed to update sysNAND anyway.

well not really, becuase you can just dual boot the a9lh and emunand.
im just one of those people who prefers not to pledge to one or the other, and just takes the best of both worlds.

best decision in cfw IMO

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well not really, becuase you can just dual boot the a9lh and emunand.
im just one of those people who prefers not to pledge to one or the other, and just takes the best of both worlds.

best decision in cfw IMO
I'm more talking about a menuhax/*hax entry into emuNAND. But even still unless you have a specific reason to use emuNAND there really is no reason to use it. It takes up more SD space just to have it there, and unless you are making use of doing something like dev firmware, a "vanilla" firmware for exploit tests (booting to an emuNAND with no CIA installed with no patches enabled in corbenik), etc.
Basically if you can do it on sysNAND with A9LH, and you have a9lh why bother doing it in emuNAND?
Unless you like having two completely separate NANDs for some weird reason.

TariqSoftDev

~Zexceil
Trophies
XP
Country
Not with my sd card XD Really! Sometimes, the music cut off on the home menu, and icons takes more time to appear.
Stop using a crap SD card thats like class 2 , go buy a proper UHS-I or class 10 SD card, the NAND chip is essentially just a slightly faster flash storage like an SD but burns out quick if you keep R/W big files.

I've used EmuNAND since I got my 3DS and has no slow down, boot times just like SysNand.

It's why gateway was created ;)
Gateway was made because it was the first flash cart and then came along all these other hacks and now its at a point where everything else seems obsolete but your all forgetting everything at some point was leading edge exploits and also the stepping stone to the next era of hacks.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stop using a crap SD card thats like class 2 , go buy a proper UHS-I or class 10 SD card, the NAND chip is essentially just a slightly faster flash storage like an SD but burns out quick if you keep R/W big files.

I've used EmuNAND since I got my 3DS and has no slow down, boot times just like SysNand.
Just booting to emuNAND from something like A9LH will be almost identical to sysNAND, as long as you have a decent card. I think the notion of emuNAND takes longer comes from the earlier days when people starting using A9LH sysNAND in comparison to menuhax emuNAND.

TariqSoftDev

~Zexceil
Trophies
XP
Country
Just booting to emuNAND from something like A9LH will be almost identical to sysNAND, as long as you have a decent card. I think the notion of emuNAND takes longer comes from the earlier days when people starting using A9LH sysNAND in comparison to menuhax emuNAND.
I used to use menuhax and you can't really say that it takes longer now unless you have used A9LH alongside it, I'm not sure ANYONE remembers but at first A9LH + Sysnand was NOT safe so it was generally A9LH + Emunand.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la