Hacking why you dont like emu nand ?

deSSy2724

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
At that point why not just set up Luma? Everything should work without having to jump through hoops like that. I'm genuinely curious why you still choose to use gateway when you have to go through so much effort just to do simple things like that when it's going to be easier, especially in the long run, to just set up Luma instead.
I bought GW on day one and thats my habit.... but I might ditch it someday, im tired of waiting for their updates (im just waiting for the next big update..... they promised many new feautures). I used it in combination with Rxtools, Reinand and NTR (now only NTR)....... I would miss the GW cheat menu.

I like the way menuhax works and my N3DS XL has hardmod and I do backups on regular basis....... so, bricks are not worrying me actually. I know there are better solution out there (all in one solutions, except .3ds roms and GW cheat menu) but i can live with that.

Last edited by deSSy2724,

Shikkichu

A little Pika girl~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought GW on day one and thats my habit.... but I might ditch it someday, im tired of waiting for their updates (im just waiting for the next big updated..... they promised many new feautures). I used it in combination with Rxtools, Reinand and NTR....... I would miss the GW cheat menu.

I like the way menuhax works and my N3DS XL has hardmod and I do backups on regular basis....... so, bricks are not worrying me actually. I know there are better solution out there (all in one solutions, except .3ds roms and GW cheat menu) but i can live with that.
Bricks shouldn't worry you at all unless you're modifying code or don't have a NAND backup

Reactions: TheCyberQuake

gnmmarechal

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
gs2012.xyz
XP
Country
Portugal
I use pastacfw :)
Are you.... serious?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Just dealing with franken firmwares alone is pure masochism :rofl2:
It depends. A controlled frankenfirmware can have no problems, as long as you know what you're doing.

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I actually am moving to emunand later despite having a9lh installed. Why? Well, I want to try out editing the Homemenu.

Jow Banks

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Question: Which would be better for someone that still likes to use their Gateway, but also wants to have 11.3 (I have A9LH installed)

#1 - Create an EMUnand and update it to 11.3 and leave SYSnand at 11.2 for Gateway
or
#2 - Create an EMUnand and leave it at 11.2 for Gateway, then update the SYSnand to 11.3
or
#3 - it doesn't matter which way - there's no advantage one way or the other

Right now I'm on SYSnand only with 11.2 and am thinking I can use d0k3's Godmode9 to create an EMUnand on my 128gb SD Card so I can have both 11.2 and 11.3

Last edited by Jow Banks,

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
If you update your emunand and it breaks with your CFW, at least your system is safe while you simply restore your emunand backup.
But again, you can just restore your sysnand too... Your point is moot.

TankedThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Because it's a waste of space, it's clunky to deal with two system menus, and A9LH+Luma makes it obsolete.

Question: Which would be better for someone that still likes to use their Gateway, but also wants to have 11.3 (I have A9LH installed)

#1 - Create an EMUnand and update it to 11.3 and leave SYSnand at 11.2 for Gateway
or
#2 - Create an EMUnand and leave it at 11.2 for Gateway, then update the SYSnand to 11.3
or
#3 - it doesn't matter which way - there's no advantage one way or the other

Right now I'm on SYSnand only with 11.2 and am thinking I can use d0k3's Godmode9 to create an EMUnand on my 128gb SD Card so I can have both 11.2 and 11.3

I believe you'd typically make an EmuNAND then update that. Gateway have an updating coming soon anyway, so if you can live without it for a bit, just update normally. EmuNAND is so messy, if you ask me.

Last edited by TankedThomas,

Jow Banks

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Because it's a waste of space, it's clunky to deal with two system menus, and A9LH+Luma makes it obsolete.

I believe you'd typically make an EmuNAND then update that. Gateway have an updating coming soon anyway, so if you can live without it for a bit, just update normally. EmuNAND is so messy, if you ask me.
I was thinking about it and thought that it would be best to leave the emuNAND on 11.2 and update the sysNAND to 11.3

Reason being is (I think) the Gateway A9LH boot method for Gateway automatically boots Gateway in emuNAND (unless I hold down L+Select)

Guess the best way to find out is to give it a go and see what happens.
Waiting for Gateway to release support for 11.3 "soon" is longer than I'm willing to wait (given their track record)

Jow Banks

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just a quick follow-up for anyone else using Gateway + A9LH
It works a treat if you make an emuNAND on 11.2 for Gateway and update the sysNAND to 11.3 for everything else

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLdXfFsgvkE