• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Why “science based on politics” is retarded

City

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It’s your local organic food market! Come and pick your own cherries!

There has been an uprising of “retarded behavior more likely to be done by the right wing”. This “research” is very biased, cherry picked and will only increase tensions as time goes by, and this forum is no exception.

So wait, I can do this too! At least until this thread is going to “mysteriously disappear” like many others.

Step 1: Physically strong men likely to hold right-wing political views
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/...strong-likely-right-wing-political-views.html

Step 2: blacks are physically stronger than whites
https://www.foxnews.com/story/whites-genetically-weaker-than-blacks-study-finds

Step 3: right wing supporters are uncivil, abusive and misogynistic
https://www.outlookindia.com/websit...wing-supporters-are-openly-uncivil-abu/303050

Do you see how easy it is when you connect the only dots you want to see?

Can we please stop these retarded takes? Thanks.

Reactions: OM3GAZX

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Sorry, but I've got to disagree with this. You're referring to this thread (https://gbatemp.net/threads/lower-c...g-ideology-and-low-intergroup-contact.620423/), which isn't about being retarded but about having less cognitive skills. And... There's still a pretty wide gap between those. Heck... You can even be intelligent on many levels yet have low cognitive skills. Fuck... My own cognitive skills have decreased since becoming a father.

What it all means is the raw processing power of your brain. The ability to learn, read, concentrate, argument and so on. And while it's indeed a controversial principle, i don't think it should be ignored. Part of the whole divide between those two American political parties (to the point where it's bordering on civil war 2) is because one side can't understand why not everyone can see how the chief of the other side is just a two penny crook. The others don't see because of their bias(which is a given), but become more entrenched in their own right rather than admit there's some truth to it.

So no, it's not a retarded issue or even a useless one. Might be cherry picked, but that doesn't change potential truth behind it (just like i can't dismiss your 3 articles... These might be correct as well :)).

Is it polarized? Yes. But it's a political forum. I don't see why investigations should be censored because of it.

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
Sorry, but I've got to disagree with this. You're referring to this thread (https://gbatemp.net/threads/lower-c...g-ideology-and-low-intergroup-contact.620423/), which isn't about being retarded but about having less cognitive skills. And... There's still a pretty wide gap between those. Heck... You can even be intelligent on many levels yet have low cognitive skills. Fuck... My own cognitive skills have decreased since becoming a father.

What it all means is the raw processing power of your brain. The ability to learn, read, concentrate, argument and so on. And while it's indeed a controversial principle, i don't think it should be ignored. Part of the whole divide between those two American political parties (to the point where it's bordering on civil war 2) is because one side can't understand why not everyone can see how the chief of the other side is just a two penny crook. The others don't see because of their bias(which is a given), but become more entrenched in their own right rather than admit there's some truth to it.

So no, it's not a retarded issue or even a useless one. Might be cherry picked, but that doesn't change potential truth behind it (just like i can't dismiss your 3 articles... These might be correct as well :)).

Is it polarized? Yes. But it's a political forum. I don't see why investigations should be censored because of it.
What makes his examples fall apart is that we know most Blacks are Leftwing. No one is going to be fooled into thinking otherwise.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
What makes his examples fall apart is that we know most Blacks are Leftwing. No one is going to be fooled into thinking otherwise.
I really see no reason why they should be apart from the elephant in the room: rightwing politicians and voters regularly mix up immigrants with "people with a dark skin color".
It's not exactly statistical proof, but some 25 years ago one of my classmates from Moroccan heritage downright came out for supporting the 'vlaams blok' (Belgium 's rightwing party). The fact that the party' s just a bunch of racists is the only part he was challenged upon.

Deleted member 586536

Returned shipping and mailing
Trophies
XP
It’s your local organic food market! Come and pick your own cherries!

There has been an uprising of “retarded behavior more likely to be done by the right wing”. This “research” is very biased, cherry picked and will only increase tensions as time goes by, and this forum is no exception.

So wait, I can do this too! At least until this thread is going to “mysteriously disappear” like many others.

Step 1: Physically strong men likely to hold right-wing political views
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/...strong-likely-right-wing-political-views.html

Step 2: blacks are physically stronger than whites
https://www.foxnews.com/story/whites-genetically-weaker-than-blacks-study-finds

Step 3: right wing supporters are uncivil, abusive and misogynistic
https://www.outlookindia.com/websit...wing-supporters-are-openly-uncivil-abu/303050

Do you see how easy it is when you connect the only dots you want to see?

Can we please stop these retarded takes? Thanks.
You know. It's rather sad that I can tell this is from me uploading a peer reviewed paper from JSTOR. (Which to get even on there is absurd. They have extremely tight criteria)
Which had you read the study proper. You would of found out that no. Not all conservatives are predjuice. However there's a undeniable link between the two.
It's like saying no leftist is racist. That's as unlikely as of is. Untrue.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pft stereo speakers you're fired +1