Homebrew why is retorarch PSX updates making performance worse with each update?

xdarkmario

Philosopher
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have retorarch PSX installed on my N3ds Emunand max updated and i noticed that with each update it is making the emulator worse and worse... there was a time where i was able to kinda play crash bash at about 45 fps and now its playing at 14-17 fps!? idk what but is mt bios file required? and does the variant of bios file matter? dose not using a bios enable HLE or no boot?

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have retorarch PSX installed on my N3ds Emunand max updated and i noticed that with each update it is making the emulator worse and worse... there was a time where i was able to kinda play crash bash at about 45 fps and now its playing at 14-17 fps!? idk what but is mt bios file required? and does the variant of bios file matter? dose not using a bios enable HLE or no boot?
the nightlies are unstable. Go back to the latest stable build.

xdarkmario

Philosopher
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

perkel

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

PSX emulator probably is still in heavy works so they are probably trying to be more accurate (to handle more games, less bugs etc) at a cost of framerate.

Later in developement when they will include most of things if not all they will switch to optimization.

Still i wouldn't count on full speed PSX emulation even at late stage.

Phemeto

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well guess I got to try it out. I heard you can boost performance by cutting sound. I could play without sound

You say that now, but man I hate playing FFT, RE2, and FF7 with no sound, it's rough. And to be honest, with the 1.3 stable build I get 50ish frames mostly with sound on FF7 so I ain't complaining.

D

Deleted User

The stable installation did no good. Still slow. Btw where do I get the stock settings file for the root folder?
Just deleting retroarch's .cfg file in the retroarch folder will restore settings to default.
This always helped me when my speed suddenly dropped.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Still a few hours left until I can go home and play some more Stellar Blade :'( +1