Gaming Why is Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D so cheap?

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
If you took out the cartridge when it was saving, or any other time it says 'Do not remove the game card', wouldn't that delete the save? I did that trick with one of my old DS games, and it worked.
Well, you can corrupt your save this way. The question is if you can corrupt something else in the process, which is my main concern for such extreme measures.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Tried the method of removing the cart while saving, and nothing. Hassled with it for more then an hour, and nothing, no corrupted save, no problems with the game, nothing.
I got used copy with the 3DS, and I just don+'t feel like playing it at all, as there is nothing to unlock, nothing to uncover. There's just no challenge or motivation.

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried the method of removing the cart while saving, and nothing. Hassled with it for more then an hour, and nothing, no corrupted save, no problems with the game, nothing.
I got used copy with the 3DS, and I just don+'t feel like playing it at all, as there is nothing to unlock, nothing to uncover. There's just no challenge or motivation.

If you get something like the nds adapter+ or the r4 save dongle, you can dump your save, clear it out with a hex editor to corrupt it, then re upload it, and the game will start a new save file then.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I Am living in Brazil. Here this game cost about $50. And other games? It's cost about $75. Because of that I have just 3 games.

Try buying from candian e-shop.
The canadian dollar value is almost the same of american dollar, it's a bit more expensive, but not much.
Revelations and mercenaries are $20 each, half of a normal retail game.
It would be R$34,69, a real deal if you ask me.

Urahara Kisuke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Try buying from candian e-shop.
The canadian dollar value is almost the same of american dollar, it's a bit more expensive, but not much.
Revelations and mercenaries are $20 each, half of a normal retail game.
It would be R$34,69, a real deal if you ask me.
Oh Man, thanks. I didn't know that.
I'll buy games new games.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Oh Man, thanks. I didn't know that.
I'll buy games new games.

I always buy my games at canadian e-shop, they're cheap, and I don't need to change catridges.
Sometimes there are $2 or $5 of tax, depending on the game and state you choose, I recommend choosing Yukon, the last region.

McHaggis

Fackin' Troller
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, you can corrupt your save this way. The question is if you can corrupt something else in the process, which is my main concern for such extreme measures.

IIRC, the 3DS performs backups for game saves, allowing the game to recover from any such corruption. Also, depending on the write speed of game cards, it may be difficult to eject the card while it's writing, since any 'saving, please do not eject' messages may actually be in the process of preparing or cleaning up rather than actually performing a write to the card at the point the power is cut.

Of course, anyone can erase the card data using the NDS game shell swap and a DS with a flash card, an NDS Save Adaptor or an R4i Save Dongle.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6ckbBpSKhw