Gaming Why is Pokémon Platinum saves slower?

SkH

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
thedicemaster said:
i believe the general pokemon games have 4 sections in the save(platinum has a 5th for battle recorder)
in d/p/p the saving somehow got slower than on the GBA games, to save time the game has 2 save systems.

1:quick>the game only saves section 1 and 3(progress data, and progress data backup)
2:full>the game saves section 1(progress data) 2(box data) 3(progress backup) 4(box backup)

with 2 it goes slow and the game says it's saving a lot of data.
with 1 it goes fast.

2 is only done when changes are made in the boxes in your PC.

this info might vary a little with the actual system used, but it's to give you a general idea of why saving sometimes takes longer.
Oh, I see it now.

Now that/this actually makes sense.

Thank you!
smile.gif

mama111222

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I Dont Know about that guys.!
I got platinum US version and when it saves a lot of data, it takes exactly 6 minutes!!i dont think thats normal. and when it saves normally, it takes 2 minutes..
Its starting to get on my nerves lools

mama111222

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i know its really annoying
so how am i supposed to make it faster ! lol like whenever i wanna go in GTS, it takes 3 minutes to save
i need this to stop

mama111222

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im using the official game i didnt download the rom..
i have the official cartridge and as a matter of fact its saving right now
and its taking an eternity
i dont know if its just me or what but its really pising me off!

Psyborg

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Mine too! It takes almost 3 minutes normally, and 6-8 if it's big. I'm using a regular DS Lite & retail Cart too! Now it's freezing...should I send it back to Nintendo?

Sladgey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the same problem and i'm using a retail cartridge. It takes around 2-3 minutes for a normal save and over 5 minutes when it says saving a lot of data. It also freezes from time to time, and freezes a lot in the underground. If anyone finds a solution for this please let me know.
P.S: My DS is European, and my cartridge is from the US. Would this have to do with any of those problems?

geminisama

Metsu
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
LOL, half a minute? At most, it takes me 5 seconds. Usually it's ~3. I'm using a 2GB Kingston Taiwan, in an iTouch.

@Psyborg: That does seem pretty off. I'd contact them, or get a refund if you still have the receipt, and it's within the exchange time period.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: my eyes already feel tired