Gaming why i won't be buying cod mw2

vjgbatemp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cuz you can't host your own games anymore :/ (for random people to join)

Quote:

No community

How can there be a community if there is no central point to access a game. It has been revealed there will be no server browser, and as there are no servers there will be no IP addresses to give out. So how can you advertise a game/match to the general public to play? Like on a clan website or whatever. And once the host is gone, the game ends, so you can't invite people to the same match again or keep it running. Whereas with a dedicated server you can advertise the IP, and people can come and go as they please, and you can create a community of gamers around that server. You cannot have regulars to a match if it ends when everyone leaves.

I played cod4 for two years on the pc. i got to know a lot of people... the "regulars". we got together just to play and chat and only because we happen to come to the same server's same game at the same time of day. They weren't exactly normal friends but they made me feel like the time spent on cod wasn't wasted. after a few months it really felt like hanging out with old friends.

I then moved to cod waw on the xbox360. I played for a year. joined whatever game was going on. went through 3 play through's to lvl 65. It all left me strangely unsatisfied.

I'm going to move back to cod4 for now. Which incidentally is also a good way to wait out the ban wave.

p.s. torchlight on the pc is awesome... try it.

Blue Zoidberg

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
On the one hand, if someone doesn't monitor servers it can lead to ladder running and the like.
On the other hand, the rare times I do actually play online it's with specific people. "Who cares" are the people who like to play with their friends, adversaries, &c in lieu of random tarts that fill the online gaming world.

damedus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why im not buying it: Already got it on pc and its pirated yet i can play on legal servers lol so the servers werent made so cracked copies coudnt play lol no idea why they took that route.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Don't walk towards the light!