Hacking Why I hate / love the Nintendo DS Lite

CorruptJon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rod said:
My DS is also the Lite model, and I have mixed feelings about it. It is undoubtly fragile, it has it has the WORST grip I've ever seen on a controller/portable system, the buttons are unconfortable and the D-pad is horrible. But when I remember some of the great games I've played on it I realize how much I love the little thing. I wouldn't call its game selection is "perfect" (I really wish there were more action games and platformers =/), but there were some real gems that couldn't have been made anywhere else that made my purchase worth it.

(too bad they'll never make a "DS Phat" with the Lite's brightness settings. Had it existed, I'd buy it in a heartbeat and 95% of my criticism towards the system would be gone)
Well todays your lucky day!
grog.gif
If you get one of the DS Phats that came out right before the Lite, (Usually the red ones that came with Mario Kart) there's a hack that lets you have all of the brightness settings the Lite does.

KooLDiMe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Pros:
many things that you guys can mention..

Con:
a "+" D-Pad. i wish the DS had a "rounded" one, like on my 'ol N-Gage. so it will be more comfortable while playing D-Pad's heavy games such as Soma Bringer, fighting genre, etc.

da_head

A dying dream..
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
KooLDiMe said:
Pros:
many things that you guys can mention..

Con:
a "+" D-Pad. i wish the DS had a "rounded" one, like on my 'ol N-Gage. so it will be more comfortable while playing D-Pad's heavy games such as Soma Bringer, fighting genre, etc.
agreed. plus, moving in a diagonal direction is a bitch >.<

EDIT: post #222 lol

Sticks

Trophies
XP
Country
No problems with mine, it had a loose R button but a quick open up and superglue job fixed that.

Also, try to use a crystal case with a silicon insert. The silicon stops dirt and dust getting in between the plastic shell and DS, it has some shock-absorbing as well somewhat. I've dropped the DS a few times from ~0.5-1m, no problems.

ben_not_benny

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
Canada
I have a phat and every time I play my friend's DS Lite I'm always scared to death lol. Maybe it's because I'm not used to it.
The hinge on the lite makes a loud snapping sound when it's locked in place, which I'm not used to because it doesn't happen on a phat.
The buttons on the lite... I dunno... feels different compared to the phat, I guess.

I have a friend who holds his DS really hard when he plays Mario Kart, and now his lite's 'A' button sinks about half down compared to the other face buttons.

Lancer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I did like New Super Mario Bros. For a while. After World 4 or so, I got so annoyed at the damn game. There is so little environment changes. I remember Super Mario World on SNES. Boy that was a great game. The secrets where placed out much better than in NSMB, and the environments and music was stunning!

I am very careful with my stuff, but the DS is just too much. If it was the fat DS I wouldn't be typing this. But the Lite is like a rich man model. You buy it, play it rich man style, place it on a throne of marble and have a jolly good time with your parents! ...Bah

skagamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lancer said:
I am very careful with my stuff, but the DS is just too much. If it was the fat DS I wouldn't be typing this. But the Lite is like a rich man model. You buy it, play it rich man style, place it on a throne of marble and have a jolly good time with your parents! ...Bah

Somebody please explain this to me...
wacko.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, i heard fallout 4 is shit but i think that was when it released