Hacking Why don't some games don't launch ?

philipvdheyden

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi all, i'm still a novice on wii, so please bear with me if I ask some stupid questions.

I have hacked my WiiU with the bathaxx exploit, installed the homebrew channel and both WiiFlow and CFG USB loader). I have installed d2x-v10-beta52-vWii in the three required cIOS slots. All tools seem start up just fine.

I have one game on my SD card (New Mario Bros), and this can be played without any problem from both launchers.

For the rest, I have placed a number of games on a HDD (connected with a Y-cable) in a wbfs folder (using WiiBackupManager). From here on, soms trange things appear to happen:

When I launch CFG USB loader, all games on the HDD-card are visible. But only some of them actually launch. Some seem to start up without an error message but then just freeze on a blackscreen. I have tried launching them with the cIOS slot on "auto", and I have tried forcing the slots on 249, 250 and 251. When I use 251, they seem to give an error message that allow me afterwards to return to homebrew manager, but both slots 249 and 250 just show that black screen. The only way to escape is to interrupt power on the WiiU and restart the system.

Games that work are e.g. New Super Mario Bros, Smurfs 2, Just Dance 4. Games that don't start are e.g. Raving Rabbids, Wii Fit, Just Dance 2014.

Another thing that I notice is that when I try to use WiiFlow, not all games on the HDD card are recognised. In fact, only two games are recognised in that case. And none of these actually launch. I have already reinstalled WiiFlow on the SD card, but this didn't make any difference.

One thing I tried so far is to rehack the cIOS slots with d2xv10-beta53-alt-vWii, but this doesn't make a difference either.

I've read in another thread that it is worthwile to try play with other settings per game, but I'm not sure what I can do without risking a brick of the vWii.

Do these problems sound familiar to anyone ? Any suggestions ? Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

Earle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I had a similar issue with my Wii-U playing backups on the hard drive, Example call of duty black ops, metriod other M & a couple others would not work properly...
I played around with my cios and found if I use base 57 and ran it on ios 249 that fixed my issue... all games are loading and playing now, also another issue I had was trying to find the right usb loader.
wii flow is nice but was crap on my wii and would not run properly, now I use usb loader gx3.0 on ios 249 and everything is mint and could not be happier... hoped this helped

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
could you please stick with the standard/default font coloring, the black is a little harder to read on the dark theme and the teal/whatever color that is illegible without selecting/highlighting it first.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    xp is arbitrary anyway
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just like the like system people think it matters
    likes got introduced like years after I joined
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still feel as if they take away conversation
    post anything dumb, people will like it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Eggs
    perhaps the rag tag team of idiots isn't awake yet...
  • OfficialGamer @ OfficialGamer:
    When I remake my Wii system menu theme I'm gonna publish it to GBAtemp for people to have it if they want to idk I'm bored
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or busy humping each other
    digital circle jerk
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Zoom dcj
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sir please stop wanking during this meeting
    +2
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    okies
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @DinohScene, "rag tag team of idiots" you mean me? :tpi:
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Oh yeah @K3Nv2 I got that power bank in the other day, thing is pretty sweet. Seems legit
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, how much did you spend? Saw it on sale for $35 yesterday tempted to grab another one
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I paid $49 for it
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Which all things considered is a great price
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I took it with me to a medical appointment and the nurse was like that's a big charger :creep:
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    That's not the only thing here that's big ;) (it's the medical bill because the US healthcare system is an absolute joke)
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: That's not the only thing here that's big ;) (it's the medical bill because the US healthcare...