Why does nothing ever bloody work?

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm really rather cross. Here's why.

- Having spent all week trying to get my PSP up and running, I'm STILL having trouble with it. The analogue stick no longer works in the web browser, hardly a major issue but still annoying but at least it works during gameplay now thanks to JoySens. Most of the games I add to my card are in some way faulty. Ace Combat runs so slow it's nigh unplayable, LittleBig Planet 'requires an update' and this won't let me download levels, even after I hacked my way back into PSN, my Wi-Fi is acting up, sometimes switching itself off claiming the switch is off when it's clearly not, Alundra gives me a red screen of death about half an hour in, Fat Princess won't let me access story mode, only free play, the big list of PSP grievances goes on at great length. Starting to feel like it was a total waste of money, especially since now even my GBA emulator seems to be glitching out more often. Really starting to get pissed off with it.
hate2.gif

- Applied for a job where I have perfect experience, great references, available for any hours and an immediate start, I'd be fantastic at that job. And I didn't get it. Instead they hired some blonde slut with huge tits with no experience, no references, no qualifications and basically no redeeming features whatsoever. WHAT THE FUCK. And it's not like this is a one-off. This happens to me all the time. Here in Coventry so many girls are having kids at about 15 that the government has to give every available job to them. Where does that leave me? The sensible type that you SHOULD be hiring? Leaves me up shit creek, that's what it does. If this goes on much longer then I'm afraid my sanity won't hold. I will wrench my katana off the wall and storm through town inserting it into random bystanders.

- The laptop's AVG protection has expired, which is apparantly my fault despite it being the old man's laptop, AVG program, his limited access key, and his job to fix it. It's nothing to do with me. But he whines at me because he believes that by 'inspiring me' he's still useful and therefore able to shake off the one thought paralyzing his brain, which is 'I'm old, unemployed, friendless and generally pointless'. He firmly believes that I'll just sit and take that abuse. He's wrong. Every day he runs the risk of breaking my limits and triggering a tidal wave of both verbal and physical violence.

- LOTR 3rd Age is a cheating bitch. The enemies took 12 turns with no chance for me to reply last night. I wasn't stunned, paralyzed, poisoned, anything. I just stood there with full health and took the punishment when the CPU suddenly decided that an Uruk Hai knows Omnislash. Cheating bitch.
hate2.gif

OBJECTION!

Hold on Blaze. It's not all bad. Here's a short list of reasons why life remains worth looking in to.

- Jess is still around and still obsessed with spending every available moment with me. Something to be said for a gorgeous blonde pretty much worshipping you. That alone keeps me on the straight and narrow. I wouldn't mind just one day where I'm not woken up at stupid-o-clock in the morning by a text about her being in the shower or some such though. I appreciate the sentiment (not to mention the mental image) but on the other hand being woken up early every day is fucking up my internal clock, I don't do mornings.

- Even though my PSP is a collosal pain in the anus, my DS still works. As does my SNES, N64, PS2, Gamecube, etc. So it's not like I have nothing to do. Aside from LOTR which is a bitch, and San Andreas which doesn't work. But I've got plenty of other games.
nayps3.gif
yaywii.gif
yaynds.gif
gbasp.gif

- My review portfolio for Future Publishing is going rather well. I settled on the following articles, see what you think:

+ Blur 360
+ Monster Hunter Tri Wii
+ Demon's Souls PS3
+ Soul Calibur Broken Destiny PSP
+ Lego Harry Potter DS/PS3 comparison
+ Timesplitters 2 Gamecube
+ God of War 2, PS2

I still need to add a preview article, news article, etc. Just to show my adaptability to various tasks. But it's going well. I don't put much hope in getting a job out of this, but A) gotta be in it to win it, and B) if nothing else they should give me some pointers.

- I have crumpets
smile.gif

- Sometime soon I should hear back about the big fat cheque from the government for my backdated JSA payment of about £1,300. Meaning all new laptop, passport replacement, short holiday and all the tasty food I can eat to counteract my brother's vile cooking.

- After Jess somehow managed to convince me, I stepped on the scales. I've somehow lost about a tonne. I used to be really fat back when I was with my now thankfully ex girlfriend. Lack of self esteem, necessity of eating copious piles of pasta and pizza to drown out the sound of 'why are you with this moose?'. Since I've recovered something of my sense of pride, I seem to have lost about 4 stone. And dropped at least 2 jean sizes. Not bad considering I've never set foot in a gym for over a decade.

- I have Dragon Quest IX, and it kicks ass.

- There's a new GT Countdown for me to watch.

Huh. Guess the good outweighs the bad again. But to be fair it was always gonna. The continued presence of Jess is worth about 50 points on the scale, so she alone launches all the negative vibes into orbit. Which I must state is just a metaphor, I am in no way calling her fat. Just to make that clear.

Well, I've got to finish writing up a review to add it to the portfolio. It's going pretty well so far. I'll keep you posted on any successes I have with this pursuit.

I gotta stop whining, don't I? Life really isn't that bad right now. It's not being very fair, I admit. But I have more than enough going for me. For a start, even if I get beaten by dopey chavs in the job hunt, I get the moral victory of not having to look like them. They end up with the moose from the roughest council estate. I get Jess. I'm happy with that arrangement.

Besides, Jess just text me with another job vacancy she found which looks promising. Onwards to victory!

Blaze.

Blaze163

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, on the plus side deleting all the dodgy files off my memory card has left me with nearly 2GB of space. Of course I can't think of anything to use that much space on, but it's nice to have it around. Still undecided as to whether or not to delete Fat Princess. Story mode doesn't work but Free Play does and it's a fucking hilarious game. Plus it's only 120-odd MB. Of course if anyone knows how to fix the story mode...?

And we've eaten all the crumpets, sorry. To be fair I think Jess finished off more than I did.

Well, Prinny seems to work, but Tales of Eternia doesn't. Shame.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did ya' get those ps1 eboots working?

The job thing... yea, it's pretty much like that everywhere. They would rather train a experienceless pretty girl, than to hire a man with experience. It's all about the presentation of the establishment, and if that means a slutty pretty girl then... you get the idea.

Just keep trying, and you'll get a job!!

Blaze163

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
My luck with PSX eboots is...limited. So far anything on my 1GB card works, anything on my 4GB is a long shot. Castlevania SOTN works *woot*, but Alundra's busted. Tales of Eternia's .cso did nothing but Prinny Can I Really Be The Hero works. I'm downloading Wipeout Pulse and Breath of Fire 3 now. Hopefully they'll work.

As for the job thing, it's just starting to be a grind, that's all. I've ben trying to sort out my career for four years now, with little more than a few joe jobs to show for it. Let me put it this way: I have an extensive collection of name tags and hair hets. Gettin' kinda sick of it. Every day I seem to edge a tiny little bit closer but it's so slow I'm starting to lose my mind with boredom.

Still, as soon as I've finished my review of Soul Calibur Broken Destiny I'll have a review for every system I own. So my portfolio will be almost ready to be sent off to publishers as a 'show of potential' thing. I read in a job hunting book that the best way to get a decent job is to be an arrogant jerk who writes to companies saying 'you cannot survive without my divine influence'. I've never tried this approach before so you never know, maybe the book's right.

EDIT: VICTORY IS MINE!!!

Finally got a set of files that all seem to be working. Well, Ace Combat X is still a little slow but not unplayably so. But everything else is *SHOCK* working. Prinny, Wipeout, Heatseeker, FF Tactics, as far as I can tell they all work fine.

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Little Big Planet requires an update you can find on some websites... I found it at least
tongue.gif
Also, I think many of your problems have to do with bad isos/boots. Get a new source.

Blaze163

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I gave up in the end and added some PSP .cso's instead. So far everything seems to be mostly working. Fat Princess won't let me in to the story mode and Ace Combat X seems a little slow, but other than that my worries seem to be mostly over for the time being. No doubt I'll find new problems by this time tomorrow, but I'm out with Jess tonight so I don't have to worry about them for a good 20 hours or so.

Wonder what's on at the cinemas these days. Anything good? Hell, anything bad so we can find something else to do in a dark room?

Blaze163

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Good idea. It's ideal. I actually quite enjoyed the first two so the movie might be pretty decent. And even if it's not, we have....alternatives
tongue.gif

Acetic Orcein

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm sorry to hear about the job thing!

Be grateful you have experience though lol. My CV is entirely fiction! I could probably write a good book from some of my 'experiences'.

Also crumpets. I like crumpets.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo