Hacking Why do you think Nintendo hasn't pushed a new firmware yet?

Why hasn't Nintendo pushed out 6.3 update yet to kill gateways entry point?

• Total voters

Quicksilver88

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am curious why Nintendo hasn't pushed 6.3 out yet since gateway has been in the wild several weeks now...here are my theories.

K3Nv2

Village Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People that own gateway will more than likely not update their console anyway.

Though who knows what goes on behind the scenes.

Reactions: MAXLEMPIRA

signz

Timelord
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Maybe, just maybe, they are working on something else for the next update. Something like Miiverse and NNID - I can see Miiverse 3DS at least coming when Pokemon X/Y get released.

Reactions: PityOnU and DSoryu

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
they will wait for pokemon...kinda like when Flipnote Studio's was released for the DSi..then the flashcart killing update came....they are waiting for Pokemon and will force people to give up their gateway or else not be able to play it..

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Maybe, just maybe, they are working on something else for the next update. Something like Miiverse and NNID - I can see Miiverse 3DS at least coming when Pokemon X/Y get released.
I really don't understand the fascination with Miiverse or Mii's altogether. :unsure: Ugly, annoying critters hijacking your screen are hardly something to look forward to, but each to their own taste I suppose.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
they are waiting for Pokemon and will force people to give up their gateway or else not be able to play it..

Unless Pokemon X/Y uses the same custom saving mechanism as Animal Crossing: New Leaf does, the firmware can be effectively spoofed - the game should work perfectly fine.

Reactions: gamefan5 and tHciNc

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Actually the exploit is 3DS mode.
Anyway, the entry point isn't all that useful with the kernel exploit patched, so they're probably not worrying too much about it. They're not usually fast at blocking piracy, it takes them a while, but they will probably block the entry point when they have some spare time to do so. At the moment they are probably focusing on how to detect the Gateway and stop games from working on it.

earny

Trophies
XP
Country
France
doh, ACNL, isnt playable, and it will be the same with pokemon, and every big N release.
plus the fact you need a 4.5 3DS, so you dont care about update.

new AP in newer games is the best options for Nintendo

Reactions: signz

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Maybe they just search a way to block the GW but they don't release it in case someone finds a new exploit that works with higher FWs. Then they could just release the GW block and kill all flashcard users at the same time.
I mean, the GW is already blocked. Why should they try to block it again. It would be too obvious: the GW team would make a new hardware design that needs to be blocked again. Maybe they'll just reuse this one for the next GW card.

drfsupercenter

Flash Cart Aficionado
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really don't understand the fascination with Miiverse or Mii's altogether.

Well, my big reason for wanting Miiverse is so that we actually have some sort of account system!!! For example, I have a fully updated 3DS (not used for piracy etc), that had one of the screens break and I actually have to send it into Nintendo. Imagineif the whole system broke to the point where I couldn't even do a system transfer. I'd be completely SOL and have a couple hundred dollars in purchased games on there. EVERY OTHER COMPANY does it... whether Xbox LIVE or PSN, you can login to your account from any system and redownload your purchased stuff. Nintendo's been really stupid with that, so the Miiverse is their "answer" supposedly.
They said it was coming to 3DS for a while now and it never has :wacko:

hhs

You will not like the outcome of this encounter
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know what Nintendo plans on doing for Pokemon but the way I see it is that they'll not only add a new firmware for it but also have built in AP that will need to be patched out.

Gateway team needs to really make pokemon a priority or else the thing is going to lose it's first major bossfight.

Reactions: Quicksilver88

Zaide

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They're probably looking for a way to block the firmware spoofing so that anyone who wants to use one of these devices will be unable to play new games.

And Nintendo is NOT too busy scrambling to get Pokemon ready. That's Gamefreak's job.

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't prevent piracy. The Spaniards tried to prevent it, but the pirates would escape to England with all of Spain's gold and Queen Elizabeth wouldn't release them back. And, while Spain steadily declined, England amassed massive amounts of wealth.

Here's an idea: Nintendo could say you can play your Xbox and Playstation games on our console. Do you think Nintendo's sales would go up? Maybe this's what they want, but they're too afraid to announce it. It's, like, :O

Rinnux

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know why every is going around saying the kernel exploit was closed in 5.1. It wasn't. it was closed in 5.0. I know I am being picky but i won't want people to think "oh i have 5.0 so the exploit must still be there!" and come on here asking is gateway works on 5.0. So please change the pole if you can.

Reactions: luigi90210

luigi90210

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
clearly nintendo will kill some console features after they finish crapping their pants when they release 7.0 firmware

it is honestly the only way to stop gateway users, but now that launcher.dat has been decrypted...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.