Gaming Why do PS3 and XBox 360 owners talk crap about the Wii?

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
Aijelsop said:
I am wondering why they do. I don't think the Wii is bad. Is it because they don't own a Wii and feel it's necessary?

How come Wii owners don't complain about the PS3 and XBox 360 then?

Im a owner of both Wii & 360(Wii first) and prefer my box, but i still like the wii as it can do things i cant with the 360 like homebrew, Emus, media players ect... but i still think the wii is weak compared to its rivals(well not really rivals as the wii isnt really a next-gen)

The Wii in whole was manufactured as a "Family/Party" system unlike the PS3 & 360 which concentrates more on better visuals and games as a whole, hence why you get more family type games on the Wii than any other console. Not to say that the wii hasn't got any good games as its has and many are exclusives, but still each to their own.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pepxl said:
Aijelsop said:
I am wondering why they do. I don't think the Wii is bad. Is it because they don't own a Wii and feel it's necessary?

How come Wii owners don't complain about the PS3 and XBox 360 then?

Im a owner of both Wii & 360(Wii first) and prefer my box, but i still like the wii as it can do things i cant with the 360 like homebrew, Emus, media players ect... but i still think the wii is weak compared to its rivals(well not really rivals as the wii isnt really a next-gen)

The Wii in whole was manufactured as a "Family/Party" system unlike the PS3 & 360 which concentrates more on better visuals and games as a whole, hence why you get more family type games on the Wii than any other console. Not to say that the wii hasn't got any good games as its has and many are exclusives, but still each to their own.

The Wii is this generation. It's weak compared to its rivals in terms of power, you can't say anything else that would counteract that fact.

Also, no one gives a shit about whether a game is exclusive or not. It's such a silly argument. It's not like the Xbox 360 and PS3 get "multiconsole exclusives" between the two of them (or at least versions of a game that are a lot better than the Wii version). Fact is the Wii gets so many "exclusives" because it's often times a bad idea to move Xbox 360/PS3 multiplats to the Wii (due to the target audience and the limitations of the system) and bringing Wii exclusives over suffers from the same thing, visa versa.

The Gamecube was a Nintendo system and had its Nintendo titles. Hell, it even still had Star Fox and F-Zero back then. But it still got tons of multiplats because it was just easier to port games between the three consoles that generation.

I'm just getting sick of the general theory that only Xbox 360 and PS3 gamers talk bad about other consoles while it's perfectly shown here that Wii owners do it just as much.

UranusKiller

TranceMaster
Trophies
Website
djdynamite.freeforums.org
XP
Country
pepxl That's right. All those family/party titles are a piss take, they release like party games 1 - 2 - 3 and there is no difference between them, it's like 4 raving rabbids? i mean wtf, no need!

Guild McCommunis... The Wii is nothing greater than that of a GameCube, the GC controller is a very good pad, it's not as good as the best pad ever made the 360's but it's the next best feel and usable pad.

The hardware in the wii released in 2006 is the kinda garbage you could get when the GC was released in 2001, so why stay 5yrs behind? There is few good titles on Wii of course but it's mainly all shovelware just like Wiiware too. Kind of annoying really, another issue is not having a proper pad to use in sports games like Fifa, you need a proper pad, enough said.

ecko

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i only own a wii so i'm gonna be a bit biased.
but from a ps3/xbox owners point of view who plays fps:
i can imagine that they talk crap and with reason, since playing cod with motion instead of a normal controller can get quite frustating
then again, so can a controller compared to keyboard+mouse
tongue.gif

Donkey Plonk

Trophies
XP
Country
Why do any console owners talk bad about any console.
Just accept your consoles for what they are. If you don't like wii's, don't have a wii.
If you don't like xbox's, don't get an xbox. If you don't like playstations, you guessed it, don't buy a playstation.
If nintendo are a generation behind, who the fuck cares, it was a very clever business strategy, that can't be argued with, just look at the sales.
Really can't believe this thread has been so popular, we used to debate this sort of shit over break times when I was about 10.

Just enjoy your life people, who the hell cares if someone thinks you have a shit console, as long as you can sit there and enjoy yourself with it, then carry on enjoying your life, fuck the haters!

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UranusKiller said:
Guild McCommunis... The Wii is nothing greater than that of a GameCube, the GC controller is a very good pad, it's not as good as the best pad ever made the 360's but it's the next best feel and usable pad.

The hardware in the wii released in 2006 is the kinda garbage you could get when the GC was released in 2001, so why stay 5yrs behind? There is few good titles on Wii of course but it's mainly all shovelware just like Wiiware too. Kind of annoying really, another issue is not having a proper pad to use in sports games like Fifa, you need a proper pad, enough said.

I was saying "limitations" as in its game medium and power, not the gamepad. It's sad not many games actually just stick to using the Classic Controller or the Gamecube controller. There's a few but most devs just want to use standard Wiimote/Nunchuck set-up for some reason, even when nothing but buttons would be better.

But one side note, many people consider the Wii versions of PES to be the best football games ever made, mainly because of the controls. I'm no really footie fan myself but that's what the word around here is.

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Most people who hate the Wii are ignorant.

But, to the people who actually don't like the Wii for a reason, it's because of its lower-end hardware, lack of online system, or perhaps there just aren't any games they are interested in.

Personally, I have a PS3, and a Wii, and I have easily over 10x the amount of playtime/enjoyment on my Wii because I really don't care for graphics or playing online. I just care about the games.

Also, PS3 and 360 owners hate the Wii because it's different. They would much rather have a third nearly identical console instead of something that has a little more creativity involved.

siliconmessiah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting that this discussion got this big.
I would like to share my point of view on this.

I am a owner of the following consoles:
Sega Genesis
Nintendo 64
Playstation
Playstation 2
Wii
Xbox 360

There is of course a reason for me buying these consoles.
That´s simply because one console does not have it all.
All consoles has their pros and cons, and in many ways complete each other.

During the past years. The console market has changed, as many, many of the biggest games get ported to both XBOX360, PS3 and PC. (Resident Evil 5, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Dead Space, Fallout, Final Fantasy XIII for example)
The exclusives is mostly mediocre shooters and games that do not interest me any more.
The exclusives just isn´t as heavy as they used to be, and you could say that Xbox 360 and the PS3 is pretty equal to each other. But then again, I need a Wii to enjoy Resident Evil Zero, Resident Evil 4, Super Mario Galaxy etc.

Back in the days. You had to have a PS1 to enjoy Final Fantasy 7, Resident Evil 3 or Metal Gear Solid. And you had to have a N64 to enjoy Ocarina of Time, Super Mario 64 and Goldeneye. There was big differences and the market was way more interesting than it is now. Todays consoles are simply mini-PC:s and that´s a direction that I don´t like at all.

My conclusion is that there is no reason for PS3 owners or XBOX owners to talk crap about the wii, as it has games that is not available for the other systems, and that is a win, and why I decided to get myself a wii. For a true gaming-lover that is a better combination than buying an Xbox and a PS3.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
awssk8er said:
Most people who hate the Wii are ignorant.

But, to the people who actually don't like the Wii for a reason, it's because of its lower-end hardware, lack of online system, or perhaps there just aren't any games they are interested in.

Personally, I have a PS3, and a Wii, and I have easily over 10x the amount of playtime/enjoyment on my Wii because I really don't care for graphics or playing online. I just care about the games.

Also, PS3 and 360 owners hate the Wii because it's different. They would much rather have a third nearly identical console instead of something that has a little more creativity involved.

Creativity at the cost of hardware? I mean sure, graphics don't matter, but the Wii's hardware itself is just not powerful enough to run some games. Dead Rising on the Wii has like, what, 6 zombies at any given time on screen? I remember busting through hordes of zombies on my Xbox 360 version of Dead Rising. And there seems to not be a whole lot of games that really need the Wii's special features to actually work. Nintendo's good first party games like Zelda and Mario. They could live without motion control. Same goes with Donkey Kong Country, Kirby's Epic Yarn, and a bunch of other games. There's some third party games at this point like Red Steel 2 that need motion controls and games like No More Heroes and MadWorld that benefit from it but don't need it. But with the Move out, it makes on start to think if the Wii's hardware is really worth it. Even if the Move is just a "rip off" of Wii tech, it's still the Wii's only real cutting edge over the competition, but now available on a console with better hardware. It's already getting a No More Heroes port and odds are I'll buy the system for that along with other things.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Guild McCommunist said:
UranusKiller said:

I was saying "limitations" as in its game medium and power, not the gamepad. It's sad not many games actually just stick to using the Classic Controller or the Gamecube controller. There's a few but most devs just want to use standard Wiimote/Nunchuck set-up for some reason, even when nothing but buttons would be better.

But one side note, many people consider the Wii versions of PES to be the best football games ever made, mainly because of the controls. I'm no really footie fan myself but that's what the word around here is.

So so true, PES Wii was my most played game on Wii and whenever I play Fifa with a 360 controller now I always miss that precision I got on Wii.
I've got a few videos that show the difference so well, I even convinced my friend thanks to such a video where you can really see what you can do with the Wiimote. You can never attain such perfection and precision with a 360 controller.

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Why do PS3 and XBox 360 owners talk crap about the Wii?
doors swing both ways, and there's plenty of wii fanboys in this thread that is just as ignorant as they claim others to be.

Like I said in page 1, I own all three and with the wii, you miss out on blockbuster games, GTA, Fallout, Mass Effect, resident Evil, Mortal Kombat, Batman AA, etc. And when someone actually attempt to make a wii version of a game, it's always a (with a few exceptions) dumb down version when compared to XBOX or PS3 version.

kineticUk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Its a fanboy thing isn't it, to slag off the "other" product(s)... (my answer to topic question)

we hear this sort of thing all the time, like with ds carts e.g ak2 users slagging the r4 constantly, or ds2 users slagging off the cyclo ievo (before it was even released? wtf was that about). I don't understand this sort of hate at all. Its very childish and pointless. One persons views on something be it consoles, cars, girls etc are not always shared by another persons.
I had played more 360 than wii at first but recently been playing more wii. I like both, they are different. Nintendo does nintendo like no other company.
Love PES on wii too btw but I play it normal style with a pad, and I prefer it to motion controls as I'm used to it.
So you see what Im saying.. To each their own. Like what you like. Its all good.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Mostly because Wii has inferior hardware compare to XBox 360/PS3. This makes games that are exclusive to Wii not available to others; and games that exclusive to others not available to the Wii.

Overall, it boils down to game library.

.Chris

Clueless
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
trumpet-205 said:
Mostly because Wii has inferior hardware compare to XBox 360/PS3. This makes games that are exclusive to Wii not available to others; and games that exclusive to others not available to the Wii.

Overall, it boils down to game library.
and also graphics and that.

kineticUk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
UranusKiller said:
Is it worth it, i mean really? Fifa's on wii are garbage, like playing super soccer 64 lol.
I dunno about 360 version vs wii version (Brother has it on 360 and it looks class) but I love PES2011 on wii. Its one of my favorite 2 player games. I have not played the game enough on 360 to know if it only looks better than the wii version. I dont like the look of the wii FIFA at all and wouldnt even bother trying it tbh. I prefer PES personally.

toguro_max

Trophies
Website
toguro_max.sites.uol.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
prwlr. said:
Wii is for causal games.

Excuse me with I play some HARDCORE games on my Xbox like a hardcore gamer like myself would.

I already mentioned before how a hate this "I'm hardcore" stuff...
If anyone is interested about my rant, read the spoiler below.

toguro_max said:
(...) [For the full text, click here].
You know, self proclaimed hardcore gamers are a pain in the ass. "Bleh, Wii sucks. No hardcore games". What is hardcore for you? A War game, like Medal of Honor?
Wii has a lot of unique games, that the other consoles lack. No, really, check the "E3 Best graphics Award" from Gametrailers.com and see what i mean. From all the new games, most a so much alike. It seems that you are watching the same game over and over again. This is not hardcore.
Hardcore is games like the old times. Diverse games. Games that dare to innovate.
360 and PS3 have some of these, but let's face it, Wii has more. Some of'em fail, i know, but they at least try.
Self proclaimed hardcore gamers are also hardcore pirates. They ask for a hardcore game on a console just so they can download it.

Aff, that's enought, i've lost my track and am tired of typing >-p
toguro_max said:
Schlupi said:
Wizzerzak said:
UranusKiller said:
Today games ARE about graphics

hmm... let me think... minecraft - you can even see each individual pixel without trying and has crap graphics but lets see.... it has been bought over 1.5 million times!

You have a point, but yeah, statistically speaking MOST consumers use graphics as the biggest considering factor in purchasing games. I had SO MANY people ask me,

"Which game b bettuh? Black Cops or Medal of ALgar? Which has bettuh graphics?"

When I worked at GameStop.

Today gamers are, I hate to admit it, more compelled to choose a better looking game than a more amusing one. My nephew-in-law (don't argue here) have a 360 and a PS3. He says that the PS3 have awesome gfx, but he doesn't even know what he's talking about, because his consoles are not even connected through HDMI, and, in my opinion, a 360 or PS3 not connected through a HDMI cable is like having a super fast car on a 50 km/h limited road... Waste of potential. Ah yeah, btw, the 2 games he has on PS3 are the same games he already had on 360: Modern Warfare 2 and Black Ops (stupid him...).
I will not dare to say that there are not great looking games that are great to play, because there are (Bayonetta, Red Dead Redemption, Metal Gear 3, 4), but with so much potential consoles have today, I think they should try to give the players more immersion than graphics, but that's me.

QUOTE(Guild McCommunist @ Mar 13 2011, 06:53 PM)
(...)
Kinda going off topic, but why do you want a game to be realistic? I play games to escape from reality, no simulate it. I sure as hell would like to be an immortal half demon/half human devil hunter but that's not gonna happen. Luckily Devil May Cry indulges my fantasies and I can at least see what it would be like to be a bad ass motherfucker.
(...)MoH feels like "yet another war game" that isn't worth paying the $60 it launched for when you already own games that are near identical.

I don't like to make this kind of posts, but... +1 on that.

QUOTE(Wever @ Mar 14 2011, 11:03 AM)
(notice: most of this thread is TLDR for me)

Why do PS3 and XBox 360 owners talk crap about the Wii?

Hmm...here are a few possibilities:

-they spent more on their console and are jealous that people payed less money for the same amount of time spent
-the graphics are inferior to their console (this is important because this can be measured much easier than the abstract fun-factor).
-gaming hypes are usually not about games that are released on the wii -> nintendo ain't kewl, bro. To make matters worse, some trailers for the wii actually make you ashamed of owning one (anyone dares to play "we dare"?).
-games that require more muscle-movement than from the thumbs is too uncomfortable to even consider (from what I read, the kinect and move have quite some opposition).
-kids need something to revolt against. Consoles that market themselves to more people than just emogoth teens that jack off to HD-quality WWII-shooters are a good target.
-they need something to channel their frustration while their game is stuck on a loading screen.
evil.gif

...and what I see most likely:
-the far majority actually doesn't talk crap; it's actually a small minority that uses every occasion to do so. Wii owners take offense to it, thus giving it more attention than it should.

Finally someone remembered the topic question!!!!!!
hrth.gif
toot.gif
grog.gif

Basically, people tend to bash other things that are not theirs.
I have several friends who were "Buhh, Wii sucks!", "How can you play that?", "The gfx are lame"... Then I made one question: "Have you ever played a Wii game?".
Most of 'em answered no.
Then I asked: "Which base do you have to affirm the gfx are lame?"
Their answer? "It's obvious form the screens of that game where you play tennis, golf, baseball...".
Basically, they've only seen Wii Sports on stores or TV and made their assumptions based upon other bashers. When I showed'em some other games (Mario Galaxy, Force Unleashed, Twilight Princess and others) they were
ohmy.gif

And to add some fuel, a lot of games are more amusing on Wii than their HD brothers (Force Unleashed, PES and FIFA, to name a few).

Well, that's it, i've written too much (and I kwnow most won't read it, which i don't care anyways...)

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Because PS3 and 360 fanboys are probably the biggest morons in gaming history. Seriously. Even when it was Sega and Nintendo, each owner, more often than not, admitted that the other console had a game that they really wanted to try.

PS3 and 360 owners think "if it isn't HD and have all M rated games, it's not going to get me laid."

samethernet

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm a owner of both the Wii and PS3, love them both, i play both of them alot as like Mario games are wii only but Assassin's Creed games i can't get on wii and i like playing them on the PS3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy