Why do PS3 and XBox 360 owners talk crap about the Wii?

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by Aijelsop, Mar 13, 2011.

1. Aijelsop
    OP

Newcomer Aijelsop Question Asker

United States
    I am wondering why they do. I don't think the Wii is bad. Is it because they don't own a Wii and feel it's necessary?

How come Wii owners don't complain about the PS3 and XBox 360 then?

2. TheTwoR's

Member TheTwoR's Yay I can finally edit this thingy :D

Belgium
    Because Wii owners are TRUE gamers; people that know that games aren't all about graphics but more of better games and gameplay.
    However, the majority (not all) of Xbox and PS3 fanboys are people who think "Wii graphics SUX = Wii SUX" when they really didn't even try the Wii.
    I am an owner of both the Wii and Xbox, but I love my Wii more than my Xbox + Kinect.

3. SFenton

Member SFenton ಠ_ಠ

United States
    The Wii is great when you get the innovative games that really use the system well. Zelda, Mario, Red Steel 2, and there's probably a whole slew of other games. The problem with Wii, for me, is the games that try to ape and mimic games on the other systems- whether it's a multiplatform release or not. They need to be optimized for the system, and in a good way (I'm not looking at you, Transformers Cybertron).

Same with my Xbox and Kinect. I know what experience I can get there. Dance Central is somehting you can't get on the Wii. Kinect Sports, however, is. It's all about the games.

4. UranusKiller

Member UranusKiller TranceMaster

United Kingdom
    That right there is the most bollox statement iv'e ever herd. Wii owners are true gamers? erm ok, hows that? Today games ARE about graphics and gameplay (together as a hole) aslong as you get great gameplay and moderate graphics everything is fine. Of course there are idiots who just slate the wii because they either haven't played on one, or see no reason too, or just laugh at it's underpowered cheaply created unit.
    Microsoft should not of released Kinect till they have a ton of games ready to take advantage of it. Great idea none the less.

I created a thread yesterday about how annoying the wii's aliasing is, that's all, i wasn't slating the wii as a hole since i enjoy some games for like 10mins lol.

But i mostly game on PC.

Some games can be great gameplay with fairly ok gfx, namely Red Orchestra 2 - Heroes of Stalingrad (when it's released this year on PC only) it's got rubbish graphics in fairness but it's a really good realistic game, and if you enjoyed games like Medal of honor, call of duty 1/2/5 you would respect such effort in the red orchestra line.

There is no such thing as a true gamer, in my eyes a true gamer would play realistic (in most form) games (like me). Others play a variety, some only play violent action 3rd persons like left 4 dead etc, some noly play scifi, some only play racing, some only play first person shooters, some only play RPG/MMO the list goes on 'n' on. Some don't even pay for them (those people can bugger off). The name hardcore or casual regarding gamers is a retarded term too.

5. Schlupi

Member Schlupi Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™

United States
    I honestly love the fact that Wii is an emulation MONSTER. So many emulators for all my favorites.

6. UranusKiller

United Kingdom

7. Wizerzak

Member Wizerzak Because I'm a potato!

United Kingdom
    hmm... let me think... minecraft - you can even see each individual pixel without trying and has crap graphics but lets see.... it has been bought over 1.5 million times!

8. prowler

Member prowler Sony

United Kingdom
    Wii is for causal games.

Excuse me with I play some HARDCORE games on my Xbox like a hardcore gamer like myself would.

9. Schlupi

United States
    You have a point, but yeah, statistically speaking MOST consumers use graphics as the biggest considering factor in purchasing games. I had SO MANY people ask me,

"Which game b bettuh? Black Cops or Medal of ALgar? Which has bettuh graphics?"

When I worked at GameStop.

10. TheTwoR's

Belgium
    Mate, I think you misunderstood me [​IMG]
    I'm not saying graphics do not play a role in making a good game, nor am I saying that the PS3 and Xbox suck.
    I'm saying that the MS and SONY fanboys shouldn't insult the Wii when they haven't tried it, and judge it only by its graphics.
    And I'm saying that IMO, TRUE gamers are gamers who know that graphics aren't the only way to judge a game, although it DOES play a role.
    Eg: Mariokart VS. Need For Speed
    Ninty fanboy: Mariokart duuhhhhh!!! Weapons are awesome!! [​IMG]
    Sony/MS fanboy: Need for Speed, duhh!!! Mariokart has crap graphics.
    True gamer: Both seem decent and creative. Mario Kart's weapons are awesome and the game is really fun, active and addictive while Need For Speed has very realistic graphical capabilities as well as awesome game modes and whatnot.
    My opinion is non-biased as you can see.
    Hope you got a better idea on what I'm trying to clarify here [​IMG]

11. RoMee

Member RoMee ??

United States
    I have all three console, and each console has it's own pros and cons
    I think the Wii is the weakest because of the lack of 3rd party support

major blockbuster never makes it to the wii
    games like dead space 2, fallout, mass effect, GTA, etc.

for me software is what sells the hardware

and I know a lot of you Wii fans might take offense to this, but games on the Wii are aimed towards kids.
    example, best racing game on each console
    wii= mario kart
    ps3= gran turismo
    xbox= forza
    sure there are a few exceptions but not enough there for me to put the Wii ahead of the xbox or ps3.

12. UranusKiller

United Kingdom
    Wii was designed to earn a f**kton of money, a new motion system (which was good at the time) a family united console that brings everyone together and that's it.

Ok, what is a hardcore gamer? explain to me why you think you are one.

In my opinion people who play more than 3 hours a day on games are nerds.

TheTwoR'sYes I agree, but Need for speed is a arcade racing game, i myself love Mario Kart Wii and believe it's the best game the Wii has ever seen. It's a game i would never get tired of.

If people wanted both gameplay+graphics they would game on PC, unless they wanted the less hassle option, they would go with a 360, enough said.

13. Schlupi

United States
    Can we not turn this into a Flame War about how each others' system suck?

Fuck HARDCORE gaming that phrase never made any sense.

If you want "hardcore", go play Earthbound Zero and beat it, and follow it by Silver Surfer on the NES.

And shiiiit, throw in some Battle Kid for fun.

I bet you won't even last.

14. The Pi

Member The Pi Lurker

United Kingdom
    I own all three consoles, they all have their good points and their bad points.

Graphics does NOT matter, it's just a nice bonus of the PS3 and XBOX (the Wii's are actually quite good but just not by these "modern" "true" gamers)

The Wii has great gameplay (better than that of both the XBOX and PS3) and is uber easy to mod
    PS3 has all the extras, bluray, TV on demand a pretty good browser and quite a large range of games
    The XBOX has great online.

Wii apparently has crappy graphics and not many "adult" games
    PS3 has all this bother with constant updates.
    XBOX has those lovely red lights (on my second XBOX now)

Oh yeah and go play Kirby on a NES.

15. Schlupi

United States
    This topic reminds me of how much I love my Wii.

16. UranusKiller

United Kingdom
    This isn't a flaming war, but The Pi why don't you mention PC gaming? and why has Wii got great gameplay, perhaps i'm living under a rock but i don't see any great gameplay wii games, i just see family entertaining ones. The wii's motion system would have kicked ass if it wit actually had HD upscales graphics, that's the biggest fault with the wii, it should of been amazing, it was amazing for 1 week, not 5+ years.

Ill narrow it down, If people people prefer:
    Graphics+Gameplay (OBVIOUSLY anyone in the right mind, who are't living in the passed would go for this one) = Buy a medium to mid range PC, you can easily buy one perhaps using 2nd hand parts or new, to the price of £350 or less. (All you would need is min of 4gb ram, maybe go for 6gb tri channel, a intel quad core Q6600 or better and a GTX295, an overclocking motherboard and 750w or higher PSU.)
    Gameplay+Graphics = buy a 360.
    Gameplay+Additional Graphics = buy a ps3.
    Gameplay only = play on systems from the 80's, 90's and early 00's.

17. TheTwoR's

Belgium
    I'm sorry but that is the most ridiculous thing I have ever read.
    Is this a joke?
    Since when did the PS3 have a similar amount of good gameplay when comparing it to the Xbox, and better graphics? Lolwat?
    And since when were games with awesome gameplay and not all that awesome graphics considered 90's and 80's style?
    Have you been living in a planet, isolated from our galaxy and suddenly returned.
    I don't want to be mean [​IMG] , but I really disagree 100%. :/

18. emigre

Member emigre Has complex motives

United Kingdom
    The Wii is a fantastic party console but the third party support paled in comparison compared to the PS3/360. And that's why I never considered buying the Wii, insead I was always looking PS3/360. Than again I'm not exactly in the Wii's demographic audience.

19. UranusKiller

United Kingdom
    TheTwoR's If you read correctly, as i wrote it, the 360 has the best graphics of all consoles, so it's obvious you would go for that if you wanted gameplay+graphics. It's the best games console the world has ever seen without doubt. Of course the PS3 is the best and most powerful on paper, but why bottleneck itself with a pathetic GPU? unlike what Microsoft did (extremely clever).

And yes people only say they prefer gameplay to graphics because they either only own shit passed consoles or own a pc that is so ancient i would love to smash it up, just for fun. These people are the most idiotic, they have no say in any argument.

20. TheTwoR's

Belgium
    Now I begin to see your point.
    But if you want to see my opinion on gameplay VS. graphics, check my last post on the first page as I seriously am not in the mood to continue arguing. [​IMG]
    I think that my opinion there is non-biased and fair.
    Any friendly debates on that? [​IMG]
    I'd like to hear.