1. machomuu

machomuu Drops by occasionally

United States
    [​IMG] Amazing sum-up

Anyway, I believe it's because people think the Wii, the DS, and Nintendo altogether are a child's play thing. You wouldn't believe how many people I know think Mario is a kids game and Megaman sucks because it's simple. They don't have real knowledge about gaming they just go off what they see and what they hear. Plus, they're obsessed "Hardcore gaming", which is really a disguise phrase for FPS gaming, though there are so many other genres and "hardcore games" out there (If Monster Hunter Tri isn't hardcore I don't know what is).

Also, I find it baffling how people always talk crap about Dynasty/Samurai Warriors and yet say nothing about Madden and more importantly CoD.

2. UranusKiller

UranusKiller TranceMaster

Very offtopic but who cares, I know of them statistics, honestly medal of honor on PC is fantastic, people who dislike it are COD arcade fanatics who cant play a game like the creators intended you too or they cant run it! [​IMG]

3. cobleman

cobleman GBAtemp Maniac

What about reliability? 1st Gen PS3 and 360 both have really sucky track records YLOD and RROD.
    Such design floors should have been picked up during the manufacture and fixed but instead they released an inferior product. That they hoped would last the warranty period then stick the consumer with a $250 repair bill.(i have had to repair both)
    My WII on the other hand is 1st Gen and has never failed.
    But that said i also have 1st gen NES ,SNES,N64 and Gamecube and they all work 100%.
    My XBOX's HDD shit its self and the laser on the Phat PS2 shit its self too.
    And yes Wii's do have an over heating problem when left in standby mode simple fix dont leave it in standby mode.
    So when it comes down to reliability Nintendo has the market cornered.
    EDIT: machomuu I did specify what i meant by 1st gen you didnt read it. I dont remember mentioning anything about the Magnavox Odyssey.

4. machomuu

machomuu Drops by occasionally

United States
    Specify what you mean by 1st generation because this is a 1st generation system:
    [​IMG]

5. Hielkenator

Hielkenator GBAtemp Psycho!

Netherlands
    Nowadays there's not a lot needed to run these games...
    I have a Radeon HD 4650 and I can play black ops FLUIDLY on my pertium dual core rig with 2 Gig of ram, resolution 1440 x 900.
    The card only costs 60 euro's. LOL game is NOT worth purchasing a PS3 or Xbox 360 ( wich I also own ). Graphics get old FAST. Nostalgic and epicly produced games do NOT.
    Referring to MARIO, ZELDA etc.

Wii is also a system that's 5 years old already, and is building on the gamecubes generation...I think it's FANTASTIC that they have managed to capture so many people WITHOUT State of the art graphics, but with gameplay and innovation alone.

6. giratina16

giratina16 Born This Way

I would like to point out that I am a PS3 owner and a Wii owner, I never talk shit about Wii or anything from Nintendo. However I always bash Sony's products because I hate them.

7. robbywu

robbywu Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    in regards to what someone posted somewhere above (cant be arsed to quote)

IMO better graphics does NOT make for better gaming, I for one like all kinds of games 2d 3d whatever, Its about gameplay and enjoyment

8. zuron7

zuron7 RBYG

India
    Because they are jealous that nintendo is not so hard on piracy.

9. Aijelsop

OP Aijelsop Question Asker
    Newcomer

United States
    I personally think the 360 is a waste. Yes it's got amazing graphics, yes it's got awesome games, but pay to use XBox Live? I don't find that money well spent.

10. Guild McCommunist

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    It's a rip off but some of the deals are worth it and the pricing isn't that bad. Like I had Gold a while back and I got all the Borderlands DLC (before Claptrap's Robot Revolution) for half off each. So I saved $15 at least there. Not to mention all the other deals. I know it's a rip off but it's not like a death sentence to pay for Xbox Live.

11. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    (notice: most of this thread is TLDR for me)

Why do PS3 and XBox 360 owners talk crap about the Wii?

Hmm...here are a few possibilities:

-they spent more on their console and are jealous that people payed less money for the same amount of time spent
    -the graphics are inferior to their console (this is important because this can be measured much easier than the abstract fun-factor).
    -gaming hypes are usually not about games that are released on the wii -> nintendo ain't kewl, bro. To make matters worse, some trailers for the wii actually make you ashamed of owning one (anyone dares to play "we dare"?).
    -games that require more muscle-movement than from the thumbs is too uncomfortable to even consider (from what I read, the kinect and move have quite some opposition).
    -kids need something to revolt against. Consoles that market themselves to more people than just emogoth teens that jack off to HD-quality WWII-shooters are a good target.
    -they need something to channel their frustration while their game is stuck on a loading screen. [​IMG]

...and what I see most likely:
    -the far majority actually doesn't talk crap; it's actually a small minority that uses every occasion to do so. Wii owners take offense to it, thus giving it more attention than it should.

12. AaronUzumaki

AaronUzumaki A.K.A. Ecstasy Espeon

United States
    Well, you see... They... uh... Um... Hm...? I don't actually know. Being an owner of all current systems, I am fairly neutral on all of them. However, I do favor the Wii above the rest, because it has more good or great games on it. Other than that, all are fun and have great exclusives and features (Except PSP, which has only 3 games that interested me... Don't worry, I got mine for $35 WITH God of War and Crisis Core). But, yeah... All of the current systems are supported heavily by there companies. All of them appeal to all audiences in some form or another. There is no reason to dis a system just because you like another one better. However, it should be fine to dis a system for a legitimate flaw. That's how I stand anyways. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Hm... I don't see an emoticon for Xbox 360... Oh well...

13. RNorthex

RNorthex GBAtemp Fan

United States
    today, ps3 and xboxusers that talk crap about nintendo are mostly like:
    requirements:
    -blurr until your eyes are dead
    -1ghz>2ghz [/care about its use, tm, other specs, connection with resolution...etc]
    -blood on screen, even though you can't see through it
    -acceptable colors: green, red, yellow, white mixed with lots of black and grey, cuz that's real bro
    -deserted places with no trees, grass and stuff
    -more realistic than my bedroom
    -be able to flame someone while playing
    -either 2nd worldwar if history, wow if fantasy, racer everything that u can't even controll but looks realistic, gta if anything else
    -puzzles, cartoony characters, things that can't bleed can gtho
    -a guy who smokes, talks senseless drama which sounds cool and carries either a 200m sword or gun with which it sucks to shoot but at least looks realistic
    -main character that never laughs just keeps cool like his epic and filled with e-respect
    -gangsta music
    -no movement, just thumbs

and remember folks, my favourite: everything that nintendo has and the others don't are gimmicks as long as they don't have it as well, cuz from that moment, it'll be something what nintendo ripped off

14. Sick Wario

Sick Wario Club Nintendo

since sony released the move/wand and the move zapper/light gun, the tables have turned on the ps3 fanboys LOL

15. cloudskipa

cloudskipa Advanced Member
    Newcomer

For me the Wii is my favourite console this gen WITHOUT QUESTION. I love good graphics and you could consider me a graphics whore but I love good gameplay better. The Wii is the system this gen for gamers. I would say 360 is very close to Wii in terms of gameplay when you factor in XBLA and some of the amazing games on there (Perfect Dark HD for one!) but I really enjoy the Wii's motion controls to the point where if I play a FPS on 360 I just wish I could play with that control system. It's like a backwards step having to play with the 360 controller.

I love Halo Reach and I love Mario Galaxy 2. Each system has their pro's and cons as said before, but the Wii does have good emulation and when hooked up to a CRT in RGB SCART in 240p it looks identical to the real system. The NES/SNES and Mega Drive emulators are amazing, even better than the Xbox ports (mainly for the original low res support).

Lastly, another poster here hit on a good point about the Wii being a timeless machine. I know I will be playing it in 10 years time as the gfx are already outdated and it dosn't bother me one bit. I play Wii for gameplay, but how many PS3/360 owners are gonna be playing their games in 10 years time? To a lot of gamers they only care about graphics and it's pathetic. I think Wii gamers are in a sense today's real hardcore gamers, but for some reason the term 'hardcore' seems to mean you play violent military based FPS while swearing at 13 year old Americans though a mic, to me it means you appreciate the 'core' values of gaming such as 2D platformers and gameplay > gfx every time.

16. cloudskipa

Newcomer

Yeah, since Sony released the Move, all the fanboys have shut the hell up and are now saying how great motion controls are which really winds me up. Yet it wasn't long ago they were taking the piss out of the Wii for the same thing. I'm gonna have to say something here that some people may not agree with, but I've found Sony fanboys to be the worst I've ever encountered tbh, they are the most insecure bunch of sadcases on the internet.

17. cloudskipa

Newcomer

WOW, Just reading back through some of the comments on here and I'm shocked to see such ignorance of the Wii on this site, I really did't expect that at GBATemp. Because people saying "Wii is only good for a party or family machine", or "it was only good for a week", or "it would only be good if it had 1080p up-scaled gfx" IS SO F***ING LAME. You obviously have NO clue about games at all.

You idiots who are playing the Wii on your flashy 1080p HD panel have totally missed the point of the console. Hook it up to a CRT in RGB or get your hands on an EDTV (easy in America, hard to find here in the UK) and hook it up via component in 480p and see how amazing the Wii actually looks.

It's not about gfx and there are tons of 'non family' oriented games for 'hardcore' gamers. Telling other people they are living under rock or living on a different planet is hilarious!, take a look at yourself please and get educated on the decent Wii games. The Wii has far more exclusive than either 360 or PS3 and many of them are top draw material. I can't be bothered to write a huge list.

18. jonesman99

jonesman99 GBAtemp's Official ArchAndroid

United States
    I am an Xbox 360 owner, and I, for one, do not talk crap about the Wii, I loved the Wii ever since it first came out at E3.

I loved it mainly because it was the first console that actually let you interact with your video games besides just the usual sit-down-and-play type of games we are all used to.

19. gamefreak94

gamefreak94 GBAtemps (Un)Official Illogical Poster

United States
    I wasn't saying that the NES had horrible graphics back in its days, i was saying that people view the wii to have the same graphics engine which is totally stupid/absurd.
    Oh, sorry didn't mean to lump that one with the FPS games XD I meant that hardcore gamers usually think if they play that they're "hardcore"
    The wii's graphics may be bad compared to this generation, but they are decent enough to play. It's not like they look like big blocks of pixels. They are tiny polygons put together :3 (Wow, i just made the graphics seem worse than i intended XP)

20. emigre

emigre i am a free i am not man a number

United Kingdom
    Yeah, those guys are idiots for hooking their Wii up to their big TV. That's not rational at all. Instead they should go the effort to buy another television to undersstand the point of the Wii. Damn those idiots!

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - owners,