Gaming Why do PS3 and XBox 360 owners talk crap about the Wii?

D

Deleted_171835

It's because the Wii has inferior graphics to the PS3 and Xbox 360 and has more games intended for a younger audience. I'm not saying this is a negative factor, though.

True gamers are gamers who play games that they enjoy rather than relying on the approval of others. It doesn't matter if one plays Call of Duty, Metal Gear Solid or Mario. As long as they enjoy the game, that's all that matters.

UranusKiller

TranceMaster
Trophies
Website
djdynamite.freeforums.org
XP
Country
SoulSnatcher said:
It's because the Wii has inferior graphics to the PS3 and Xbox 360 and has more game intended for a younger audience. I'm not saying this is a negative factor, though.

True gamers are gamers who play games that they enjoy rather than relying on the approval of others. It doesn't matter if one plays Call of Duty, Metal Gear Solid or Mario. As long as they enjoy the game, that's all that matters.
That's very true, i myself support EA's battlefield line. Apart from when they think t's ok to use a console port to the PC and back like with bad company 2, BF3 shouldn't even be released on a console! They just want more money, but i'll be buying red orchestra 2 aswell since it's dedication to PC ONLY!!!

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
SoulSnatcher said:
It's because the Wii has inferior graphics to the PS3 and Xbox 360 and has more game intended for a younger audience. I'm not saying this is a negative factor, though.

This about sums it up quite nicely.

Honestly if people do complain about the other systems, every screams "Fanboy!!!!1!!!!!111!! Nintendo fanboy!!!" Even if they are just pointing out something about the other systems.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I own all 3 consoles, and can easily say they talk crap about the Wii because it doesn't offer a lot of fun comparatively.
The wii has a bunch of fun games, but it can be pretty difficult to find them hidden among the piles of trash. The motion controls also get pointlessly thrown into some games, and the wiimote is honestly a pretty terrible controller.
I like my Wii, and i've played it a ton, but I can see why people hate it.

The 360 has good graphics, the best controller ever, and a ton of very very fun games in the form of XBLA and boxed. It also has spectacular online capabilities meaning you can always be communicating or playing with friends over XBL.

PS3 has spectacular graphics and a few super good games. It has some great exclusives like Valkyria Chronicles and Demon's souls, though anything it shares with the 360 is better on the 360 excluding graphics. The controller is also crap.

Overall my PS3 and Wii probably brought me about the same amount of entertainment, while my 360 completely trumps both.
It has nothing to do with graphics either, I could care less about graphics. But the 360 offers a solid experience and a ton of variety, so that's why 360 owners may rip on other consoles.

Though i'd like to end with saying that PC > all 3, so the debate is pointless anyways.

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
TheDarkSeed said:
And if there are fanboys taklin isht about the Wii's motion controls being inferior to their console's, that's BS because ps3 and 360 had over 3 years to develop motion technology for their system and were afraid to do so intil they saw how the wii fared in the market.
Who says they were "afraid" to join in with motion censors? PS3 and 360 now have motion controls that (in my opinion) are far better than the Wii's at this point and they did a decent job offering more with these than seen previously. To be honest I never really enjoyed anything Motion Censor related w/ the Wii besides Wii Sports anyway....

I've had a solid experience with my 360 and Wii... Although the Wii has some fun games only Nintendo has to offer I still have a far better time with the communications and gaming services of Xbox LIVE. As for PS3 owners hating on the Wii... I have no darn clue about this one but as soon as I get to experience it as a PSN+ member I'll let you know
nayps3.gif

sweenish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A Gay Little Catboy said:
SoulSnatcher said:

This about sums it up quite nicely.

Honestly if people do complain about the other systems, every screams "Fanboy!!!!1!!!!!111!! Nintendo fanboy!!!" Even if they are just pointing out something about the other systems.
his second paragraph is good, but his first is off. graphics aren't the end-all, be-all. those people are idiots. graphics are a factor, however, now that all the consoles are competitively priced. the wii also sucks at online, which has become a big part of gaming. before the m+ wiimote, controllers were just too expensive. to this day, i still only have 3 wiimotes, 2 m+, 2 nunchucks, and 1 classic. since the price of a wiimote and nunchuck is about equal to a wireless controller at full MSRP (which means it's easy to find the other controllers cheaper), the consumer is going to feel nickel and dimed.

then there's the main attraction. games. it's the games that are doing the wii in. how long do wii owners have to wait between AAA titles? 3 months? 6 months? the wii doesn't see a lot of great games making their way over. there's no christmas rush on must-have wii games. when people were buying halo: reach, CoD:BL, fallout:nv, dead rising 2, gran turismo 5,castlevania:LoS, and SUPER MEAT BOY last year, what were wii owners buying? goldeneye, and what else? the wii has the highest percentage of shovel-ware of any of the other consoles, and by a wide margin. multi-plats are rarely adopted to actually take advantage of the wii's abilities, and end up being terrible, or really really late like CoD4.

i own all three, and my 360 gets the most play without question. the ps3 will be getting more once i wrap up DA:O and move on the uncharted series. i'll at least play the new zelda when it comes out, but I haven't turned on my wii to play a game outside of a party in a very long time. in fact, i haven't seriously played it since super mario galaxy. my pc will be getting more play than the wii, especially now that it can play newer games.

those are my reasons, although i'm not a person who usually rags on other consoles, since i'd be insulting my own purchase.

D

Deleted_171835

sweenish said:
his second paragraph is good, but his first is off. graphics aren't the end-all, be-all. those people are idiots. graphics are a factor, however, now that all the consoles are competitively priced. the wii also sucks at online, which has become a big part of gaming. before the m+ wiimote, controllers were just too expensive. to this day, i still only have 3 wiimotes, 2 m+, 2 nunchucks, and 1 classic. since the price of a wiimote and nunchuck is about equal to a wireless controller at full MSRP (which means it's easy to find the other controllers cheaper), the consumer is going to feel nickel and dimed.

then there's the main attraction. games. it's the games that are doing the wii in. how long do wii owners have to wait between AAA titles? 3 months? 6 months? the wii doesn't see a lot of great games making their way over. there's no christmas rush on must-have wii games. when people were buying halo: reach, CoD:BL, fallout:nv, dead rising 2, gran turismo 5,castlevania:LoS, and SUPER MEAT BOY last year, what were wii owners buying? goldeneye, and what else? the wii has the highest percentage of shovel-ware of any of the other consoles, and by a wide margin. multi-plats are rarely adopted to actually take advantage of the wii's abilities, and end up being terrible, or really really late like CoD4.

i own all three, and my 360 gets the most play without question. the ps3 will be getting more once i wrap up DA:O and move on the uncharted series. i'll at least play the new zelda when it comes out, but I haven't turned on my wii to play a game outside of a party in a very long time. in fact, i haven't seriously played it since super mario galaxy. my pc will be getting more play than the wii, especially now that it can play newer games.

those are my reasons, although i'm not a person who usually rags on other consoles, since i'd be insulting my own purchase.
I suggest you go back to elementary school and learn how to read.
I didn't say graphics are the "end all". All I did was state a fact. The Wii's graphics capability are inferior to the Xbox 360's and PS3's. That's a well known fact. It's also a known fact that the Wii has more games intended for a younger audience especially when compared to the Xbox 360 and PS3. I don't see what you're getting offended about.

felixsrg

Temp's Ghost
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
This kind of thread have no use for me, everybody can play what they want to, I don't know why people keep saying that the Wii is inferior just because of the graphics or like sweenish said the lack of new titles.

Why does people say that? If you think about it there's no real reason, then why? maybe because they are jealous? or maybe because they can't think that a "inferior" console can be as good as their? there are too many reasons of why people talks crap about other consoles, but everything depends of in which side you are.

UranusKiller

TranceMaster
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
sweenish, I agree, although i say graphics play a key role in todays standings (for PC anyway) I am amazed at how good most titles lok on a 360. By the way have you played Just Cause 2 on PC or 360? or Crysis 2 demo on either? And yes PS3's Uncharted looks exciting i must admit, there is nothing for the Wii that is making me jizz myself, there is the new zelda game aswell for the 3DS, but i'm not a fan of zelda. :/

If anyone is into Battlefield games they would purchase BF3 on PC only! (Or 360 if need be).

SoulSnatcher, but why is this? It's ridiculous, i can name 10 games that are near exactly the same game. (Sports ones, you know which i'm stressing about)

Hells Malice You are mostly correct in your last post!
smile.gif

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wii gamers talk just as much crap as PS3 and Xbox 360 owners do to each other. Nintendo is not this fucking utopia in the world of video gaming where all they care about is people and games. They have just as volatile fanboys as each other system. Just thought I'd point that out, it gets quite annoying when Wii gamers try to sit on their high horse talking about how they're the only "real" gamers because of a bunch of bullshit.

PS3 owners and Xbox 360 owners can still be dicks to each other and to Nintendo, but welcome to a world split between consoles. We've got fanboys for every company. People generally want to think they're superior to others so what better way of doing so than propping your console above others.

UranusKiller

TranceMaster
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Guild McCommunist said:
Wii gamers talk just as much crap as PS3 and Xbox 360 owners do to each other. Nintendo is not this fucking utopia in the world of video gaming where all they care about is people and games. They have just as volatile fanboys as each other system. Just thought I'd point that out, it gets quite annoying when Wii gamers try to sit on their high horse talking about how they're the only "real" gamers because of a bunch of bullshit.

PS3 owners and Xbox 360 owners can still be dicks to each other and to Nintendo, but welcome to a world split between consoles. We've got fanboys for every company. People generally want to think they're superior to others so what better way of doing so than propping your console above others.
That's very true, surely statistics tell the story Xbox live (well worth the yearly service for what you can experience) hammers the ps3 for online usage, and rapes the wii to smithereens. In all games that are multi platformed across all 4, pc, wii, 360, ps3, the 360 always wins in all online usage. On the other hand most people have never experience the greatness of playing games like battlefield 2 with 64 players, or the likes of red orchestra, COD 1 & 2, counter strike, soldier of fortune days etc.....

I can't understand why so many people play (in my opinion) rubbish like world of warcraft on pc. Even those block building games.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i was very happy with my wii when that was the only console i had. it still is my favorite console. but then i got a 360, i played it somewhat a lot more than the wii. the graphics and HD quality are what make the 360 better than the wii, paying for online makes it worse. then i got my ps3. i like it better than the 360, mainly because of hacks that allow HDD loading. its 2011, there is no need for discs any longer. so my 360 will probably sit there for a while until i need some money and sell it. its tough to find a buyer for 360's though.

overall i rank the current gen : Wii, PS3, 360.

wii's main problem is the specs. WAY too low for this gen.

gamefreak94

GBAtemps (Un)Official Illogical Poster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Okay, the Wii does not have horrible graphics.
Just saying, you guys are making it seem like the graphics are only as good as the NES.
And the graphics are decent enough to have fun with.
The gameplay is good also, so with its decent graphics it's a good system.
Also, i hate how people base the wii as a family related system.
Although it may have a lot of party games, that is not the only type of game the wii has.
People need to stretch their variety of games on the wii if you only believe that it is only a "family system"
and about the "hardcore" "real" "casual" gamers, i never got that crap. I call BS on it b/c gamers are gamers and none are inferior to the other so STFU about that shit! It get's really annoying hearing people go "I'm a hardcore/real gamer b/c i play CoD, Medal of Honor, Halo, MGS and every other gory/1st person shooter game ever!"
And i never got the term "real gamer", what, is there a "fake gamer" now too? o.O
Anyways, each game/console has their own appeal and their own turn-offs.
There isn't ever going to be a game where everyone will go "OMFG THAT IS THE BEST GAME EVAR!"
No, not going to happen as long as people have their opinions.
UranusKiller said:
In all games that are multi platformed across all 4, pc, wii, 360, ps3, the 360 always wins in all online usage.
O.o
I thought that PC always win the multiplatformed online usage

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
gamefreak94 said:
There isn't ever going to be a game where everyone will go "OMFG THAT IS THE BEST GAME EVAR!"
I can't wait for the Ocarina of Time lovers to storm in.

You play Games... You're a gamer... That's about it with what I think. I don't necessarily talk crap about the Wii but if you ask me which is better I'll definitely say:
PC>Xbox 360=PS3>Wii

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think the problem most people have is that they mistake presentation with gameplay. And often that there is more focus on presentation then on pure gameplay and thus games tend to rise and fall with that criteria in minds for some so called "gamers"... In a nutshell that is imo why some make fun of Wii-gamers.

As far as I can see this generation everything that is not a shooter or an open world experience is not considered a "hardcore" game (I know that`s how Wii-gamers talk crap on the other two consoles....
tongue.gif
). That means games that can be enjoyed by children and adults are automatically for children... I really don`t get how anyone can say that Mario Kart is a kids-game! Imo such a statement is ridiculous! It needed HD visuals for other consoles to change how people see for example Mario Kart...

This whole situation with Wii vs. HD-twins is reminding me of how people argues sometimes if PIXAR movies (animated movies) are for children only or also can be enjoyed by adults... and I for one love all those movies
tongue.gif

But this is all very stereotypical thinking... I have a PS3 and a Wii and I can say, that I enjoy both but if someone would force me to decide which one I have to throw away the PS3 would be gone in a second. I always had a Nintendo console and one of the other two, since like that I could experience nearly everything on the market
wink.gif

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gamefreak94 said:
Okay, the Wii does not have horrible graphics.
Just saying, you guys are making it seem like the graphics are only as good as the NES.
And the graphics are decent enough to have fun with.
The gameplay is good also, so with its decent graphics it's a good system.
Also, i hate how people base the wii as a family related system.
Although it may have a lot of party games, that is not the only type of game the wii has.
People need to stretch their variety of games on the wii if you only believe that it is only a "family system"
and about the "hardcore" "real" "casual" gamers, i never got that crap. I call BS on it b/c gamers are gamers and none are inferior to the other so STFU about that shit! It get's really annoying hearing people go "I'm a hardcore/real gamer b/c i play CoD, Medal of Honor, Halo, MGS and every other gory/1st person shooter game ever!"
And i never got the term "real gamer", what, is there a "fake gamer" now too? o.O
Anyways, each game/console has their own appeal and their own turn-offs.
No, not going to happen as long as people have their opinions.

A few things:
- NES graphics were good for their time, if I recall correctly.
- No one plays Medal of Honor '10
- You just lumped Metal Gear Solid with Halo, CoD, and Medal of Honor '10. What the fuck. It's not even a FPS game, it's a TPS at most.
- "Fake gamers" are people who fake a knowledge about gaming but generally have little taste in games themselves. Niche gamers who never move outside the niche.
- Wii graphics are bad compared to the rest of the generation. There's no avoiding it. Even great looking titles for it mainly look that way because it's just "WOAH LIGHTING EFFECTS" and there's not much texture or detail to them (because they're smooth-as-a-baby's-bottom characters like Mario who have no texture).

Just saying.

UranusKiller

TranceMaster
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Guild McCommunis... Your kinda right there like about MOH2010, I myself and about 1500 people at any given time i sign on play Medal Of Honor 2010 on (PC) it's a great realistic game, it's pretty difficult too, it's miles better than Bad Company 2 (I own that on PC too) yes it has less content but it's overall much better experience of gameplay and less arcade.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UranusKiller said:
Guild McCommunis... Your kinda right there like about MOH2010, I myself and about 1500 people at any given time i sign on play Medal Of Honor 2010 on (PC) it's a great realistic game, it's pretty difficult too, it's miles better than Bad Company 2 (I own that on PC too) yes it has less content but it's overall much better experience of gameplay and less arcade.

Kinda going off topic, but why do you want a game to be realistic? I play games to escape from reality, no simulate it. I sure as hell would like to be an immortal half demon/half human devil hunter but that's not gonna happen. Luckily Devil May Cry indulges my fantasies and I can at least see what it would be like to be a bad ass motherfucker.

1,500 people is not a lot of people for games that sell millions. 38k people are playing CoD: BO on average every day. 32k on MW2.

EDIT: Those are PC statistics if you're wondering, should've clarified that.

MoH feels like "yet another war game" that isn't worth paying the $60 it launched for when you already own games that are near identical.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E