Gaming Why do people think the original DK arcade game won't be re-released on Switch?

CodyMitchel2

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I recall, DK64 was re-released, which included the original arcade game as an unlockable and is even playable in the 3rd world, Frantic Factory and is required to be beaten twice, in order to get to the final boss. So what's the issue? I'm aware of the 1983 lawsuit involving Nintendo and Universal over King Kong, yes. But I don't think the opening where DK takes Pauline up the ladder and then flattens the stage's metal platforms has anything to do with copyright involving King King where the giant ape climbs a New York skyscraper, also with a damsel in distress. So the whole copyright issue is not a concern, otherwise DK64 would've not been re-released, and instead would've been ported over to the 3DS, just like Diddy Kong Racing was ported to the DS.

Last edited by CodyMitchel2,

CodyMitchel2

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not a copyright issue as Nintendo owns the copyright for the game and all characters in it. Chances are that they will release it later.
I hope so. I'm still bummed out there's still no VC on the Switch. But at least we're finally getting something VC related. I want to see these Nintendo arcade games, next:

Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong Jr.
Donkey Kong 3
Wild Gunman (Like the one shown in BTTF2)
Super Punch-Out!!
Sherrif
Vs. Duck Hunt
Vs. Hogan's Alley
Vs. Dr. Mario
Vs. Gunshoe
F-Zero AX
F-1 Race
Arm Wresling
Mario Kart Arcade GP
Mario Kart Arcade GP 2

Last edited by CodyMitchel2,