Hacking Why can't anyone 'clean' up the Gateway v2.02b code?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quicksilver88

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So as far as we know the new MT card release is using emunand, supports their hardware, and is not bricking anyone???

So if they are using modified Gateway, it would appear their team removed the brick code?

My question then is why can't anyone in the scene (are we that lacking of good coders around here?) find the bricking code and remove it?

It's just a thought, but if the new MT is not bricking people then the team either removed the bad code, or they are doing their own work (maybe based off an earlier safe Gateway launcher) or for the conspiracy theory types maybe Gateway and MT are the same team.

Does MT v1.1 support 'Classic/Retail' mode?

What seems strange to me is that other than Gateway, little to nothing is happening on the 3DS scene. Obviously there are talented people out there as the minute the 3DS brick fiasco happened, those with the hardware knowledge were on the spot and quickly worked together (several key contributors) to get a working fix.

Essentially v4.x is a fully exploitable firmware, Gateway v2.0 final will give us full proof of that. So hackers have had access to a cracked wide open 3DS for nearly a year and other than a few pirate carts what has really come of it (excluding Gateway's work)?

To me it seems like their is no passion for an open CFW 3DS like we have had with Wii,PS3,PSP,X360,Xbox, the recent advanced platforms. Is everyone just scared since the GeoHot events or does no one care for this stuff any more?

Things do stand still at times....look at the when the PS3 was trapped with TB for nearly a year, or when PSP was stuck on Prometheus loader. Yet the 3DS is at its Genesis which means exciting things could be happening regularly, but face it nothing much is happening other than Gateway and the clone wars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER