Hacking Why arent my installed .WADs showing up?

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im on a 3.2U Wii, i installed the HBC and Bootmii, other Homebrew (Like the GBA Emulator) work fine, but when i tried to install a wad, the Wad Manager (1.6) says that everything was ok, yet it doesnt show up on my System Menu (I cant install at all with IOS 36, it gives the 2011 error, but it doesnt show any problems with 249 or 250 aside from it not showing up)

Thanks for any help

Also, i was told since my Wii was 3.2U that i didnt need to reinstall the trucha bug or anything (Maybe thats the issue?)

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, thats what it was set to the first time, it installed fine, but wasnt showing up on my System menu.....

(Unless after you install them theres some place your susposed to move them from or something)

Even wierder.....i finally got a Wad to show up (FF4 refused to show up, but Megaman 10 did on the first try), but when i press Start Game, it goes to a loading screen, then takes me right back to the System Menu

j-rod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*disregard this post - filesize was incorrect from original .wad source. I am pretty sure that would be the whole problem*

I have been trying to get the FF VI installed. I also have the issue where it says it's installed, yet nothing shows up in my system. I am thinking that *something* copied, as I was running out of space, after it had "installed" the first time, I got a Wii system error telling me I was out of space, only had 119 blocks free. Anyway, as per the previous poster's suggestion, I tried YAWMM, and it also does the same thing. Not sure what is going on, I have just updated everything I could think of IOSwise, as I was working on getting Monster Hunter working. (That at least was successful)
smile.gif

*edit* I just uninstalled and reinstalled checking my free blocks. I can indeed verify that it's copying and using up space, just not showing in the wii menu. Anyone know what might cause this?

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
j-rod said:
*disregard this post - filesize was incorrect from original .wad source. I am pretty sure that would be the whole problem*

I have been trying to get the FF VI installed. I also have the issue where it says it's installed, yet nothing shows up in my system. I am thinking that *something* copied, as I was running out of space, after it had "installed" the first time, I got a Wii system error telling me I was out of space, only had 119 blocks free. Anyway, as per the previous poster's suggestion, I tried YAWMM, and it also does the same thing. Not sure what is going on, I have just updated everything I could think of IOSwise, as I was working on getting Monster Hunter working. (That at least was successful)
smile.gif

*edit* I just uninstalled and reinstalled checking my free blocks. I can indeed verify that it's copying and using up space, just not showing in the wii menu. Anyone know what might cause this?

i had this problem with a custom forwarder i done, i pegged it down to the ID it used, once it was changed it worked

e.g

the original ID i gave it was DFUA then i changed it to something different then it worked and showed up in the SM, strange

jelmew

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
dgwillia said:
Im on a 3.2U Wii, i installed the HBC and Bootmii, other Homebrew (Like the GBA Emulator) work fine, but when i tried to install a wad, the Wad Manager (1.6) says that everything was ok, yet it doesnt show up on my System Menu (I cant install at all with IOS 36, it gives the 2011 error, but it doesnt show any problems with 249 or 250 aside from it not showing up)

Thanks for any help

Also, i was told since my Wii was 3.2U that i didnt need to reinstall the trucha bug or anything (Maybe thats the issue?)

Which ios is the base for 249? I know for an instance that 249 base 57 gives problems.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: