Gaming Who still has an Original DS?

ganesh2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I still got mine.

I lost a stylus and i broke the other one.

No dead pixels on the screen, and I bought it in December 2004.

onivan

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I've got a red one, L shoulder pad fails sometimes, lost the original Stylus but got 4 replacements. Battery only lasts ~2:30hrs offline, ~1:00hrs online. Part of the hinge is broken. Superior screen has a single dead pixel, but still runs games awesomely. Will try to get parts to fix it! :D I've had it since early 2005.

geesee

Trophies
Website
don't have one
XP
Country
Netherlands
I had 2 ds phats.. one silver and one is electric blue. Both are in perfect condition only that my little bro scratched de back of the ds.... :glare: but still ! guys ?? how the hell did you get it so far ? i used my ds phat almost every week since launch day ( silver one) ? still working perfectly and no scratches on the screen or something like that ? i just bought the 3ds because i couldn't play the new games.. sooo don't give a crapp about battery life or screen birghtness and that sh*t. if i can play my games, im satisfied.

( 3ds is awesome though.. if you go from the phat one straight to the 3ds ofc the metallic red version :P )

absolalone111

Chiptune Extraordinaire
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have 2 ds phats, got a first release silver one of my friend for £30 becuase his dad droped and amp on it, and the hinge broke. I stoped using it because my little bro smashed it against the wall, and the only thing holding the 2 screens together is a little cable thing. I got my 2nd ds phat from my friends ex girlfriend for £35 becuase she got a dsi. It was blue

geesee

Trophies
Website
don't have one
XP
Country
Netherlands
I still have my phat that I bought in 2008. The one I bought at the Jap launch (2004) was torn into pieces by my little bro. :(

I never considered getting a lite because my little bro had it, and the buttons were crap. The buttons on the phat feels awesome and it's the perfect size (the lite/dsi are too small, while the dsi xl is too big). I still love my phat :wub:
Seems to me that brothers big and small are hell towards DS consoles. This is a warning to everyone else with a younger or older brother. :P

LOL if you have a little brother that cant stand his big brother is better. we were on vacation en he lost with mario kart ds + Bomberland 2 + wario ware + mario and sonic + all of that in one evening = a brother heading to the kitchen while everybody is asleep, gets a knife and goes upstairs to scratch the back of my ds.. a deeeeep one. i know.... its been years and he's still the same crazy lil'bro.. hehe.
imagine you wake up and you see your lil bro with a knife in your room. dude..... hahahahaha ( TRUE STORY )

ThePowerOutage

The Lord of the Flyes
Trophies
XP
Country
I bought one after my Lite died. The buttons are better overall, but I keep pressing the power button by accident. The Audio quality doesn't seem to be as good either.

Gameleigh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I still have my pink DS working (kind of), but the touch screen's busted and the top screen's blank. I use it for playing GBA carts and for alarm. :D

BrunoAlvesMontei

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I still have my black DS, it's just a little scratched but still working, i bought a DSTwo to use on the 3DS and i'm going to give my DS to my little brother.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've still got my week of release grey DS. Touchscreen is a little off, there might be crumbs doing that (I bought a screwdriver to fix it back in 2007 but never did) but all in all it still works great. Never wanted to upgrade as I felt the revisions builds weren't as sturdy. My DS has lasted so well with it falling out of a speeding car, dropped in the bath (touchscreen probs were before then) and everything. I also like the buttons more.

ShadowSol

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I forget when I got mine, but the top screen is completely messed up and half of the middle part is coming off. Also none of the shoulders work anymore after about 3 years of using the blow water into them trick. The batteries last for only about 30 minutes of non-stop playing as well.
GorYF.jpg
Haven't touched this thing for 2-3 years until now (to take the picture obviously). It has just been laying in the back of my night table.

Hydreigon

Isn't that DELICIOUS!?
Trophies
XP
Country
Just realized I still have mine. o.O

It's still in pretty good condition, and it works perfectly. Only thing is that it's scratched like hell. Also, the sticker with the serial number is missing. :lol:

conanac

Be an Angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mine is still working great.

These days, I use it for watching anime when I am not at home (like Detective Conan movie shown in the picture below) by converting the movies into dpg format.

NDSConanDPG.jpg

Anne Noise

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have a friend with the pink gigantic clamshell original DS, he uses it every once in a while if I convince him to for some multiplayer game or another. I'm amazed it still works - my original DS pooped out years ago, and my DSL's R button was almost gone after a few years.

Slashmolder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got my red Mario Kart DS. Sadly enough the DS Card slot is dead but it still works great for GBA games and as a spare DS when I do download play with friends.

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Y @ YuseiFD: :creep: