Who should I choose: 360 or PS3

PS3 or 360 (please read thread before answering)

• PS3

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Don't forget that Xbox 360 has cross game chat, which PSN users have been crying for for the longest time.
This. One of my favorite things about the 360 is Party Chat.

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depends on finances and if you want to play online.

PS3 if - you don't have much finances, and you want to play online.
360 if - you have enough money to afford the Live Gold plan, and you want to play online

Either if - you play offline only.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zorua said:
360:

• Better online
  • Generally gets DLCs faster
  • Multiplatform games are usually better on the 360
  • Better interface IMHO
  • You'll eventually get banned if you go online with a modded 360
  • Features avatars and the Marketplace is much better
  • You need to pay for online, but it's pretty cheap and worth it
  • You can't copy videos to the harddrive from a USB drive
  • Better controller

PS3:

• Better exclusives
  • Bad online, it's been down for a long time now and sometimes you randomly get disconnected while playing games
  • Features the popular XMB interface which is liked by many
  • Supports blu-ray
  • Easy to mod and there are ways to mask your ConsoleID so that you don't get banned from PSN
  • Free online
  • You can copy videos to the harddrive from a USB drive
  • Has a full fledged browser
Personally I believe the 360 has the more good exclusives but the PS3 has a few great ones

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i voted for 360. mainly because its hacked to hell and is continuing to be hacked by c4eva. you can in theory be safe and not get banned from live if you follow proper back up practices.

get the ps3 if you can find one with 3.55 or lower. i honestly play that more, but that is because i do not need to put a disc in (just leave a game in there and let multiman do the rest). but ps3 is more cumbersome. the games are larger, you need a 2tb if you want back ups (i got a 1tb and am struggling).

so you are looking at disc vs usb loading. id take usb loading all day, but you will be limited as to what you can play eventually. MAYBE a 3.6 cfw will come one day, but not if you expect it from some of the drama queens in the ps3 scene.

Magsor

I am watching you
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I say that you should call quit on the deal and sell your iphone yourself.
Used Ps3 will probably not go for over 200-220$.
You can get a brand new 360 for 130-150$ and it will be hackable in a few months.
You do what you want but that what i'd do.
If you want emulation get a WII, Ps3 has not delivered in that part yet.

SinHarvest24

Shiroyasha
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Chad
Ps3.

Don't worry about the whole online crap it'll be up in a few. Besides i like the Ps3 exclusives more because i owned a Ps1 and Ps2, also Bluray player. It comes down to what games you want to play more and also if you have/don't have a problem with paying for online service which is a problem for me cause of where i live and also money is tight.

Shockwind

SHINEEE!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I'd say you go with the PS3, since it has cooler games than 360, just saying.
tongue.gif

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
It ENTIRELY depends on preference.
No fanboy remarks please, thanks.

Xbox 360

PROS: Large memory (up to 250GB), vast and solid online service (Xbox Live) and many of those large titles (like CoD), kinect controller-free gaming, netflix movies etc. also much cheaper than the PS3 (at least in Singapore)

CONS: No web browser, Xbox Live is pretty limited if it's the silver (or free) version, no blu-ray drive + support, overheating factors (however it has been solved with the 360 slim), games are 75% region locked and kinect's library is extremely weak.

PS3

PROS: Large memory (if i'm not wrong there's even a 320GB), many large titles (like again, CoD... I can't think of another example), blu-ray support + movies, ACCESS NetFront browser, ALL games are region free to a certain extent.

CONS: Choppy online store, blu-ray movies are region locked.

BOTH CONSOLES

PROS: enjoyable, easy to use, great games.

CONS: both consoles lack quite a lot in first party games, although their titles are overall amazing (e.g xbox has halo and ps3 has killzone)

That's how I think about these consoles. I have made it in a pro/con way such that it would be as less 'fanboy-ish' as possible. It's entirely your choice.

EDIT:
JinTrigger said:
Ok so long story short, my friend is offering me a deal. He wants my iphone and he will give me his slim ps3. Now my questions is should I keep the PS3 or should I sell it and get a 360. There are a lot of factors effecting my decisions so I will list them so that maybe you tempers can help me out.

Factor #1 - Features/Selection of Games
Factor #2 - Sony's Situation (PSN being hacked)
Factor #3 - Backups and the ability to play online

I'll probably end up doing the trade this weekend, so help me in my decision making.
Seeing that you care more about online and security, I personally voted for 360.

360 also has game ports (CoD? my gosh what other examples are there!?) which the PS3 also has. Sony though has invested more in first party titles, and they're overall pretty good. (Yakuza, Killzone, LBP etc)

boktor666

Gbatemp's official Solar Boy™ Is Back!
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
ps3

A larger list of very good exclusives (LBP, Kz, uncharted, infamous, do i need to go on?)
A free online gaming service
Webbrower
Awesome for multimedia, it can play a lot of video format files, like .avi with codecs like divx and XviD etc.

alex_0706

darknessblade
Trophies
Website
nolink.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
well my vote goes for microsoft
and don't buy the 360 but the 720 (newer and better)

and also sony is going to be hacked even more so you can't get online

MaxNuker

GBATemp's Official Shinigami Substitute
Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
Portugal
Don't Hacked or whatever xbox 360 get banned from xbox live? so you cant really play online too... can you? so i would just go for the ps3... better system in terms of hardware... you can CFW it...

R2DJ

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't consider this a factor but the Xbox Live Marketplace is down right now. I am hoping that it's not long-term like the PSN crisis but in case you are getting it today, you won't be able to get Arcade games, DLC, Facebook, etc.

Mantis41

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last time I priced an upgrade for my ancient PC to something game worthy it came out at around £850. you could buy a 360, PS3, and a 40" telly for that.

If you have the money buy one of each, if you don't then you probably can't afford games either and the 360 is easier to hack and play copied games on.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Look at the exclusivet each console has and see what you're friends have, you'll want to play online with them. Seriously though, I wouldn't bother pirating which way you go. It really isn't worth it.

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm sorry, but I just wanted to point out that you can't say one controller is better then another; it's down to personal preference. I personally find the placement of the analogs on the 360 controller very awkward, but others find it fine.

Personally, if you plan on playing online, I'd go with what your friends have. If it's an equal balance with what consoles your friends have, then I'd go with:
The PS3 if you don't want to pay for online.
The 360 if you don't mind paying for online.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill