Who should I choose: 360 or PS3

PS3 or 360 (please read thread before answering)

• PS3

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

KingAsix

ByJustAsix
OP
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
Ok so long story short, my friend is offering me a deal. He wants my iphone and he will give me his slim ps3. Now my questions is should I keep the PS3 or should I sell it and get a 360. There are a lot of factors effecting my decisions so I will list them so that maybe you tempers can help me out.

Factor #1 - Features/Selection of Games
Factor #2 - Sony's Situation (PSN being hacked)
Factor #3 - Backups and the ability to play online

I'll probably end up doing the trade this weekend, so help me in my decision making.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
As per games it's hard to guratee what everyone would like; the 360 and Ps3 have major multiplayer/multiplatform games, and they both have their exclusive games (which are all pretty good) - a quick google would reveal what they are, and you can choose your liking from them

Sony's Situation is quite 'iffy" so to say / i'm really worried right now and if it ever comes back (i must admit im getting quite frustrated now)

the 360 is the only possible way to play backups online as per now through a flashed drive - however Microsoft do ban consoles from time time so its at your own risk

It boils down basically to the games, and to the backups (which is what your interested in i see)

Either way, online is a gamble i.e. with the 360 risk of ban, with the PS3 no online (considering backups)

so yeah its your call

sorry for the bipolar answer, i don't take sides in this situation, the way i solved this personally is that i have both - 360 for backups and the PS3 for online.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Idk personally I'm not really a Microsoft gamer, so ps3.

I think they both have a (usually) lock down on online play from hackers.

PS3 is a power house and can emulated afaik every pass system except 360.

KingAsix

ByJustAsix
OP
Trophies
Website
www.byjustasix.com
XP
Country
United States
I understand...Normally multiplayer wouldn't matter to me, but most of my friends have either or and I know if I got X game, they'd want to play me. I think Xbox would be my best bet because my mom has a PS3 at her house, but it would be nice to own one myself.

Recorderdude

Musician, Animator, Buffoon.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
PS3 is a power house and can emulated afaik every pass system except 360.

Yerp. Someone said even dolphin is possible.

Only problem is nobody's developed/released any stronger emus for it yet (or at least they haven't announced their development) probably because of all the sony lawsuit bull that went down. 360 has even less emus.

Don't get one of those for emulation; get them for the normal games. Get whichever has more exclusives that you want, or, if internet play is important, get the 360, who knows when PSN will be back up.

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would remove factor #2, they're probably gonna fix that problem for good once it's fixed. They said they're upping their security, too. I would say to get what ever your friends have. Consoles for me are mainly about social-ness. I will just pick 360 since I have that, but you can't go wrong with either.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It really depends on what games you want to play.

If it's shooters, then I would probably say 360. A lot of the shooters are on PS3 as well, but the Xbox controller is better for FPS' as it has actual triggers and the thumbsticks are much better than the PS3.

If it's RPG like Final Fantasy or something like that, Xbox.
If it's racers and more imaginative games like LittleBigPlanet, then PS3.

Really, it all depends on what games you want to be playing.

D

Deleted-220713

I prefer the PS3 controller.
I don't know why, but I HATE the thumb-stick placement on the 360.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
ShadowSoldier said:

If it's shooters, then I would probably say 360. A lot of the shooters are on PS3 as well, but the Xbox controller is better for FPS' as it has actual triggers and the thumbsticks are much better than the PS3.

Just gonna say, I far prefer my PS3 for RPG's. Has a better selection, and they just look better overall which is always nice.

I've played both and have to say, it really comes down to personal taste. Check out exclusives, which online service you prefer, if online is important, if your friends have it. The friends thing is a little iffy though, as friends can be very bipolar in their tastes and some have the money to support the behavior.

I personally chose a PS3, primarily because of free online, and I liked the exclusives more after having my fill of many on the 360 thanks to my friend.

zar713

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ShadowSoldier said:

finally someone who understands xbox but only reason i got a ps3 is because of killzone 3, GOW3(God Of War 3) and well thats about it.... on the other hand i have an xbox for halo 1,2,3, Reach, Wars, GoW1,2 3, dead or alive, command and conquer 3 tiberium, kane's wrath, RA3, BETTER ONLINE SUPPORT!, Blue dragon, and the upcoming KILLER INSTINCT 4!!!! and i still have a longer list but too long to type it- oh and also xbox get all the multiplatform exclusives before ps3! ex. ballad of gay tony even though i hate gta4

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
QUOTE said:
Final Fantasy as an example to suggest 360? Hell NO.
Its resolution was lower on the 360 and the disc changing is fucking annoying.

Games - Both have good exclusives so you are alone their with your personal preferences
Online - If you are online a lot with random people, then either 360 or the Live works. However Live has much more features, personally I like it more. If you want to play with your friends however, just go with which one your friends have.

Also have to agree that the 360 controller is better suited for shooters. After all these years, I still feel uncomfortable using the Dualshock controller. On the other hand, the 360 game controller is one of the best out there, very comfortable grip, good weight and alphabets > Signs.

zar713

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tanveer said:
QUOTE said:

Games - Both have good exclusives so you are alone their with your personal preferences
Online - If you are online a lot with random people, then either 360 or the Live works. However Live has much more features, personally I like it more. If you want to play with your friends however, just go with which one your friends have.

Also have to agree that the 360 controller is better suited for shooters. After all these years, I still feel uncomfortable using the Dualshock controller. On the other hand, the 360 game controller is one of the best out there, very comfortable grip, good weight and alphabets > Signs.

yeah im not getting in to a forum nerd fight im just talking from my experience owning 2 ps3's and and xbox 360 ( i have two because i have cousins that i live with and we lan and hack and bs)

p.s. loading times suck on ps3 waiting 3 mins for final fantasy when instead i could just change the disk XD and i agree with your controller statments strongly

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Tanveer said:
QUOTE said:

First of all it was an example. I could have used Lost Odyssey which simply destroys Final Fantasy 13 in every single way, but chances nobody played the thing.

Oh boo hoo you can't handle disc swapping? Too hard to get up off the couch for 5 seconds to swap discs? I welcome it. If it means beating sitting on a couch for 2-5 minutes while the game loads, I'll gladly get off the couch. Honestly, it's not hard to get off the couch every 20 hours to swap discs.

@Zar713: If you like Blue Dragon, try Lost Odyssey. Developed by the same people. It starts off a little slow, but it gets a lot better, and pretty intense too. And the battle system is awesome with the ring system.

Z

Zorua

360:

• Better online
  • Generally gets DLCs faster
  • Multiplatform games are usually better on the 360
  • Better interface IMHO
  • You'll eventually get banned if you go online with a modded 360
  • Features avatars and the Marketplace is much better
  • You need to pay for online, but it's pretty cheap and worth it
  • You can't copy videos to the harddrive from a USB drive
  • Better controller

PS3:

• Better exclusives
  • Bad online, it's been down for a long time now and sometimes you randomly get disconnected while playing games
  • Features the popular XMB interface which is liked by many
  • Supports blu-ray
  • Easy to mod and there are ways to mask your ConsoleID so that you don't get banned from PSN
  • Free online
  • You can copy videos to the harddrive from a USB drive
  • Has a full fledged browser

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ShadowSoldier said:
Tanveer said:
QUOTE said:

First of all it was an example. I could have used Lost Odyssey which simply destroys Final Fantasy 13 in every single way, but chances nobody played the thing.

Oh boo hoo you can't handle disc swapping? Too hard to get up off the couch for 5 seconds to swap discs? I welcome it. If it means beating sitting on a couch for 2-5 minutes while the game loads, I'll gladly get off the couch. Honestly, it's not hard to get off the couch every 20 hours to swap discs.

@Zar713: If you like Blue Dragon, try Lost Odyssey. Developed by the same people. It starts off a little slow, but it gets a lot better, and pretty intense too. And the battle system is awesome with the ring system.
*snip

Anyway, both systems have great games and at the end it comes down to users personal preferences.
About online, like I said if you play random people then just go with either one, but if you play with friends then go with the one your friends have.

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
360, due to the great exclusives and an excellent online service. I love the controller too. The 360 can play backups online via a flashed DVD drive however this will require updating every now and then (usually around a year or so). However this requires opening the console and will void your warranty. I don't have too much of an opinion on the PS3, since I haven't really played one. I enjoy the 360 so I recommend it.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Zorua said:
360:

• Better online
  • Generally gets DLCs faster
  • Multiplatform games are usually better on the 360
  • Better interface IMHO
  • You'll eventually get banned if you go online with a modded 360
  • Features avatars and the Marketplace is much better
  • You need to pay for online, but it's pretty cheap and worth it
  • You can't copy videos to the harddrive from a USB drive
  • Better controller

PS3:

• Better exclusives
  • Bad online, it's been down for a long time now and sometimes you randomly get disconnected while playing games
  • Features the popular XMB interface which is liked by many
  • Supports blu-ray
  • Easy to mod and there are ways to mask your ConsoleID so that you don't get banned from PSN
  • Free online
  • You can copy videos to the harddrive from a USB drive
  • Has a full fledged browser

Don't forget that Xbox 360 has cross game chat, which PSN users have been crying for for the longest time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol K3N1.