Hacking Who hasn't yet installed arm9loaderhax? Why?

Why?

• Total voters

spacelaser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a n3ds jap with usa emunand ... how does that work with this???

"Your RedNAND SecureInfo_A MUST be the same as your SysNAND SecureInfo_A or you will BRICK. If you have changed your RedNAND region or otherwise modified SecureInfo_A in any way, you MUST create a NEW RedNAND or you will BRICK." From Part 4 of the guide.

Ennis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've yet to install A9LH because I haven't found myself in the position where I need to install it to get something out of my 3DS. To me it seems that A9LH mostly benefits CFW users, and although I do have a 3DS with Pasta CFW, I rarely use the CFW aspect of it. I just buy game cartridges, plug those in and play.

tomazzzi

Trophies
XP
Country
I haven't installed it yet.

I m quite happy with sysnand/emunand leaving my console untouched.
Boot time is not a problem as i rarely use my 3ds.
And i don't want to risk another downgrade.

coolfuze

Trophies
XP
Country
I haven't started using it yet because i just found out about it's existence and am finding the guide a bit confusing to be honest, I am currently a rxtools user so i'm running 9.2 with rxtools and have a bunch of games pre installed on my sd.
Not sure if i need to format the sd and start fresh for this guide or if i can continue from where i am now, i completed part one and part 2 seemed completely pointless, part 3 starts to get involved.

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't started using it yet because i just found out about it's existence and am finding the guide a bit confusing to be honest, I am currently a rxtools user so i'm running 9.2 with rxtools and have a bunch of games pre installed on my sd.
Not sure if i need to format the sd and start fresh for this guide or if i can continue from where i am now, i completed part one and part 2 seemed completely pointless, part 3 starts to get involved.
Part 2 is useless to you, because you're already on 9.2. The guide is meant to be complete, regardless of your setup.

Also, there's a guide on how to switch to Luma3DS from rxTools:
Link: http://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-updating-from-rxtools-to-luma3ds.427735/

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Start on part 3. You will retain everything if you follow it correctly.

NoSmokingBandit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to install AL9H. Now my sysnand is 11.0 and I have no hacks installed. 3 hours spent and all it did was make my 3ds useless. Now I play the waiting game and see if 11.0 will ever be downgradble.

Kyojin

#include "brain.h"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I tried to install AL9H. Now my sysnand is 11.0 and I have no hacks installed. 3 hours spent and all it did was make my 3ds useless. Now I play the waiting game and see if 11.0 will ever be downgradble.

What was the reason of ending up in 11.0? Downgrade softbrick on a N3DS?

fuyukaidesu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I was on rxTools for a few months now (N3DSXL). I switched to Luma yesterday, and went all the way to A9LH.
One thing that was bothering me with rxTools was the boot time, and the success boot rate, and Luma with A9LH simply made load TWL title simpler overall.
The installation process was really long, not only the big number of steps, but also because the guide I used required you to make a LOT of nand backups. In the end, everything installed properly and I got to keep the games and homebrews I had installed in emunand.

Doing the switch to A9LH is definitively worth it, albeit quite time consuming.

digipimp75

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an old 3DSXL on ofw 4.1.x, running Gateway and emuNAND. That's fine for me I guess.... unless there are any great benefits to this? I don't pay attention to the scene, and obviously am far behind lol.

nccom

Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
unless there are any great benefits to this?
Only a bit faster bootrate. If you use gateway then don't bother - a9l is mainly for CFW peasants who must turn off their 3ds to install *every* game. With gateway you don't need to turn it off so its kinda useless.

SterneSchreien

Naughty One
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Only a bit faster bootrate. If you use gateway then don't bother - a9l is mainly for CFW peasants who must turn off their 3ds to install *every* game. With gateway you don't need to turn it off so its kinda useless.

-Only faster bootrate.
-Mainly for CFW peasants
-Turn off their 3ds to install every game

:rofl2:

This guy has no clue what's going on.

Last edited by SterneSchreien,
Reactions: spacelaser

Kyojin

#include "brain.h"
Trophies
XP
Country
France

I guess you are trying to troll the fact that you can't boot without a SD card? Guess what: network CIA installs with FBI are a thing. Also, CIAngel.

On top of this, A9LH is a system exploit that takes over the console very early on boot, so:

• This has nothing to do with installing CIAs
• It is not only beneficial for community-crafted CFWs, Gateway is also switching to use of A9LH starting version 4.0

You are just confused.

nccom

Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
you are trying to troll the fact that you can't boot without a SD card? Guess what: network CIA installs with FBI are a thing. Also, CIAngel.
And it only takes a few hours, yeah.
No, I'm not confused, I just like to troll newfags like the guy above your post. Right now a9l is not needed for GW so its perfectly fine to stay on 4.x and wait for stable a9l release from gateway.

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
And it only takes a few hours, yeah.
No, I'm not confused, I just like to troll newfags like the guy above your post. Right now a9l is not needed for GW so its perfectly fine to stay on 4.x and wait for stable a9l release from gateway.
Yeah, go back to 4chan kid. It's clear you have no idea how CFW works whatsoever.

>A couple of hours.
That's the greatest exaggeration I've ever heard, most games take twenty minutes tops with CIAngel. Also, no private header bullshit is nice too.

>Stay on 4,x

But you're missing out on all the stability !!!

nccom

Trophies
XP
Country
Estonia
>kid
>have no idea how CFW works whatsoever

Let's just say that I've been in 3ds hacking business since gateway 1.0 and govanify's cfw so I know what I'm talking about...while you probably never ever used .3ds roms in your life. But let's stop there before this will turn into another shitposting show from CFW fans.

The only thing he's missing from staying on 4.x is no autoboot and a bit lower bootrate which is not that important when you don't need to turn off your 3ds at all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Do I make you randy!!! Lol