Hacking White screen of death

Nefeilyn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've had my m3i for about 2 months, first month it worked flawlessly. Flashing the card, adding all applications i wanted, homebrews, music, games, all worked #1 and loaded #1 too.

One day i took it out my console to add a new game and since then, it has been hell to get it to work.

At first it was not too bad, i was getting the occasional white screen but restarting it a few times did the trick. But as time went by, it happened more and more often. I either get a blank screen like it is seeing there is a card but cannot read it or saying there is no card inserted. No matter what i do now, i cannot get it to load anything anymore.

I have tried to format my microsd then to re-flash my card as i saw there were new files that came out. Now it flashes indefinitely, the blinking never stops. Yesterday i left it on the computer all day and it kept flashing for 8 hours straight until i came home from work and checked it. :\

I tried with F_core.DAT only, then with the core and system folder. With the new core, the old core, new system, old system, it still flashes indefinitely and i am still getting the white screen of doom... It is getting a little frustrating. I messed around with it a little bit more this morning and to my surprise, and i don't even remember what i did [insert facepalm here], it showed the M3 icon when loading the nds but when i select it to load up sakura, it went to white screen again. I updated my sakura files and now it's back to the original problem, i get the white screen or it freezes on the warning screen..

Is there anything i missed that i could try to see if it fixes it? So far i am pretty sure it is a software/flashing issue and not a faulty cart but who knows..

I have a DS Lite, not a DSi by the way.

Sorry about the small novel and thanks in advance!

Nefeilyn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The paper trick doesn't seem to work unfortunately and now after some more trial and error, i don't get no white screens anymore (thankfully) but my DS simply won't recognize anything. Tried paper trick once more, just in case, no success. :\

Ah well thanks anyways guys!

Kinda a bummer, it's disappointing. Might just bite the bullet and order a new one..

Nefeilyn

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, tried both i have, different brands and size (kingston 8gb, sandisk 4gb). Don't have trouble loading anything on them nor using them in my cell phone and camera (with adapter) so i know it's not the microsd.

I am totally clueless as to what to do anymore. Will probably wait for a file update from the M3 team as a last try before giving up and simply getting a new one..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Stan4d @ Stan4d: Hello! from my kindle! (supposed to be rading abook for school)