Which review sites do you follow/think of as better sites?

Raiser

I am mad scientist.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Personally, I always look up IGNs and Gamespots reviews.
I don't really know why, but I find both sites to have very good reviews with detailed explanations.

What about all you gamers?

MicShadow

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Im in Australia, and there is a show called Good Game which gives reliable reviews. Any aussies reading should watch it, 8:30 ABC2 Monday

For the rest, I find there isnt much. But IGN is better than the rest

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm...when I check out reviews, I tend not to look at the score they gave, but the review itself and the more different viewpoints the better. I examine what they said about the game, what the vids show me, what the pics look like, then make my own decision as to how good a game will be. I'm usually pretty spot-on with that.

One thing I've noticed, especially with IGN, is that it's obvious they didn't play much of the game they reviewed.

That said, IGN and Gamespot are the ones I watch most. 1up has ruined their site with a terrible design, and frankly, I don't really know of any other good sites for reviews/previews.

Maybe someone can list some good ones? I'd really like to add to my list of review sites....in English.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well the only review site I look to is IGN (raises flame shield). I like the writing staff on IGN Nintendo team. They're knowledgeable and usually share the same opinions with me. Every know and then I'll look at the 360 section and for the most part agree. However some of there other sections are horrible. I know this is off topic but IGN's tv and movie are some of the crappiest I've ever seen. Gamespot for Wii is usually a full point lower then every other site. Recently most reviews (other then IGN) I see make me want to cringe from the stupidity. And of course I never let a review decide what game I should get. I'm not gonna lie and say the score isn't the first thing I check. However if its game I actually have interest in buying I'll read the review. But I'm not gonna sit for 10 min reading a review on the new Madden if I know I'm not gonna get it. I'm just curious to what praise level is.

G2K

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I prefer IGN - their score is usually accurate, and I always find their actual review helpful and usually is the make or break for me when I decide wther or not I want to buy a game. I used to go to Gamespot, but a few years ago I stopped because they seemed really biase and hated on Nintendo no matter what they did.

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
IGN for me, Although I find them to be a "hit or miss" review site. Sometimes I agree nearly 100% with their review, other times I think they are way off.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sstew said:
IGN for me, Although I find them to be a "hit or miss" review site. Sometimes I agree nearly 100% with their review, other times I think they are way off.

Same here. Some times they have good reviews (like TWEWY) and other times it's complete bullshit (like Onslaught). I do read Nintendo Power and stuff, but I find them far too biased with Nintendo games. The lowest score on a Nintendo-made game I've seen so far is probably The Legendary Starfy (which got a 7.5, but I don't read it too much).

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Several review sites. I try and read up as much as I can about an interesting game. While I would read ign reviews, I don't particulary agree with some of their ratings. Sometimes I feel they don't give a game enough of a chance.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't usually use mainstream reviews. I distrust them. That incident with Gamespot a few years ago with the fired reviewer is a perfect example. Too many of them are paid off by the developers. I look at the for reference, but that's about it. I can come here and discuss some games on chat and get a decent idea of how a game is. And I just prefer to try a game myself. So, I don't use professional reviews much.

personager

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I usually follow Gamespot's verdicts but I also visit IGN regularly. In my opinion IGN is too lenient with their scores and Gamespot's new (well, not really new, it was introduced 2 years ago) rating system of scores either given as .0 or .5 is a bit of a disappointment but I still think that they're the best game reviewing site out of all the others

Nthenorm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Generally I just choose a mix of fan opinions and reviews taken from metacritic, filter out the nitpicky stuff and find some common ground between them all. I usually don't like to judge sites overall because they have multiple reviewers with different tastes and opinions, but there are a lot of consistently terrible review sites that I avoid completely.

D

Deleted_171835

I enjoy Gamespot's reviews but I despise of IGN's. I also love the reviews by Nintendolife. Their great and informative!

kalmis

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finland
I dont follow any of the mainstream sites. Usually I check site's like Gamefaqs that has got user submited reviews and read the worst and the best review for that particular game. It is easy to see if the reviewer is a fanboy so I will take it with a pinch of salt ofc.

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I like using Gametrailers as I seem to agree with them most of the time. Apart from that, I also use Australian Gamer and sometimes the user reviews from Gamefaqs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I do, but its ok. One of these days, you may get lucky and experience what one feels like.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's silly urewife calls me bigjim
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    91° F that
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, 91 fuck that?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yep 89 here today, supposed to be 96 tomorrow. Good days to stay inside AC and play video
    games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You get heat from weed
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea in the winter, I throw bricks of weed in my fireplace to keep warm, and it adds a nice scent in the air.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just a brick?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Translate the whole video for us...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Something about family guy
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, it has the auto captions
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    But the captions are in english, I only speak Ebonics
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i made myself a pizza today, that shit was mid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, atleast it wasnt that bad
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but i can't let a mediocre pizza bring me down, just around this time last month i made that cheesecake
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What does pizza and sex have in common? When its good, its good. But when its bad, its still pretty good.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know burnt pizza can be pretty bad
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    gonna download sonic generations to my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    How do you put games on there? Does it have like a game store on the ps3?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Black market store
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, download a pkg file, put it in a usb or a sd card, put the usb or sd card to ps3, turn on ps3hen, go to install game, install the game
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok yea that's same with me, was just curious. Coolio
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night