What is your relationship with cracked games?

emmanu888

6 years and still going strong
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Usually to try games.

But i try to mostly pirate games that have been delisted and either the physical release on console is overpriced in the used market or its never gotten a physical release on console.

Had i not done that i wouldn't have a bought a really good priced copy of Transformers Devastation on Xbox One once i found it at GameStop. Piracy definitely helps with preserving games that have been delisted.

Reactions: AncientBoi

DragonMals

6th-7th Gen Retro Gaming Entusiast
Trophies
Country
United States
Hello world!

Just for fun, I'd like to know general opinion about cracked games. Why do you people actually download/pirate games
There must be a reason as to why you do it

I for example, i pirate games for one of these reason :
1- I'd like to test the game. I'm not sure with only trailers and reviews if i will like the game.

If I do like the game, then I'll buy it, but sometime, I'll keep the cracked version for one of the following reason :
2- The game is not worth its price in my opinion, I'll either wait for sales or watch site like Green man gaming for better price. But until then, I'll keep the cracked version
3- I don't have the money yet, but soon as i have the funds, i'll buy it.

I'd like you people of the Temp, to state reason to why you pirate games.
It can be very simple reasons like "I don't have a job/I'm at school, and I can't afford to buy any games" to more complex reasons that can be specific to one game like "I don't want to give one penny to J. K. Rowling by buying Hogwart's Legacy"

When it comes to games prior to the Wii generation of consoles, it's perfectly fine to do so. Moden games, I do not like priating them and when it comes to anything on Steam, big no no. Especially for newly released Indie games. I want to give much respect to the original devs on there unless it's a game that I seriosuly wanted to play but the price was too much for me.

Reactions: AncientBoi

Robert Newbie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I slowly slink away maybe I can make it to the door in tim----

30f9ce30-5001-4753-8ca9-8b7a5dd81fc8-gif.423517

1000094141-gif.427947

Ow, my blood brain barrier!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum