Which ios is the best for UsbLoaderGX

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by NeTyd0_, Aug 28, 2016.

1. NeTyd0_
    OP

NeTyd0_ GBAtemp Regular

Jun 26, 2016
    Canada
    Which ios is the best for usbloadergx ? I've currently ios58

2. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    It was intended to be used with a custom IOS so it can launch Wii games. IOS58 can't do that.

The most common setup is d2x cIOS installed as IOS249 based on IOS56.

NeTyd0_ likes this.
  3. Davidosky99

Davidosky99 Eevee :3

Banned
    Jun 7, 2015
    Porto
    IOS 249 and 250

NeTyd0_ likes this.
  4. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    Not everyone has the same thing installed in 249/250. :) Some still have Waninkoko's original cIOS and some have different original base IOSes.

5. Torigo

Torigo Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 4, 2016
    I am very new to this, I am hoping you can help me out a little. One of the kids pushed 4 dvd's in the dvd-drive so it's dead... I just installed the homebrew channel on a wii 4.3E. Apparently I have IOS58. I am able to open the latest USBLoaderGX, but when I try to run a game, it waits a few seconds then it goes back to the homebrew channel. I am trying to figure out whats wrong. Can the reason for it not working be that I am running IOS58? Or is there some other reason? Thanks.

6. Creaseface

Creaseface Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 20, 2016
    United States
    I recently worked out my problems I was having by using ModMii and following the guide that accompanied it. On your computer, the service will download all of the CIos and wads you need. You just need to make sure the downloads from NUN complete successfully or you'll end up with problems.