Hacking Gaming Homebrew usbloadergx problem

wiiman1234

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
if i start a game on usbloadergx then exit the game and start a different game it wont load. The only way to play the other game is if i unplug power to the wii and reload usbloadergx. Is there a setting that can prevent this? and does anyone else have this problem?

wiiman1234

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I do have the latest version (1281) and in fact this problem only started when i installed this new version. my cios bases are:
248 base 38
249 base 56
250 base 57
251 base 58

my loader ios in settings is 58 because 249 would only work for two games
and my loader ios is set to auto
What have i done wrong
ps: i have an original pal wii.

morning_glory

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
That would be the main culprit (Flash Drive).
It's mostly compatibility issues, but you'd have much less problems just using your HDD. I know the feelings & urges in trying to implement Flash Drives, but they are very unpredictable :(

Have a read here :
https://gbatemp.net/threads/after-modmii-installs-what.620824/page-4

It's long & boring, but my tests have given me some great insight.

BTW - Where in Au are you ?

;

Reactions: jeannotte

morning_glory

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Wow !!! So it is a long & boring read ? But, there's very strong, successfully proven points mentioned :)

NSW is almost 1km from my home (Murray River between). I see more of NSW than Vic from my visual Utopia :)

morning_glory

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
WiiFlow lite is a strange one (to me).
Some people have great success, others don't.
For me, WiiFlow lite was mostly a tester after GX & Config USB failed. Usually, it mostly failed for me (when the other 2 did). I don't have it on my Wii anymore. Setting it wrongly can cause other issues.

Having patience during loading & re-booting paid more dividends. Period.
I always tried to stick with the common trends (USBL GX & Config USB), but many did have success with WiiFlow lite.
If it puts a smile on your dial, then go with flow :)

wiiman1234

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I have finally figured it out!
so, in USBLoaderGX if you have game iOS set to auto you have to turn off your Wii when switching games(I had to do this a lot and it drove me mad!). However if the game iOS is custom and set to 249 or 250 you won't have to turn the Wii off. A downside to this is that I can't play gamecube games on usbloadergx because that needs the loader iOS 58, but I can just do this from WiiFlow or from my Nintendont forwarder.

So thanks for the help and all!

Last edited by wiiman1234,

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
However if the game iOS is custom and set to 249 or 250 you won't have to turn the Wii off. A downside to this is that I can't play gamecube games on usbloadergx because that needs the loader iOS 58, but I can just do this from WiiFlow or from my Nintendont forwarder.
Any time you need to change the loaders IOS setting it's a good sign that your USB storage device isn't fully supported.

You could try forcing the loader to immediately boot with a cIOS, since that might help.

1. Reset the loader to it's default settings
  2. Power off your Wii correctly
  3. From a PC open the loaders meta.xml file in notepad
  4. Change <arg>--bootios=58</arg> to <arg>--bootios=249</arg>
  5. Remove the two lines to enable arguments (if they're present)
  6. Save your changes

If changing the boot IOS doesn't help then you're most likely going to experience worse game compatibility because your flash drive doesn't behave correctly after an IOS reload occurs.

Last edited by blackb0x,
Reactions: Sypherone

wiiman1234

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
well I don't think I need to do that because every game works except for gamecube games.
what iOS settings make gamecube games work anyway?

blackb0x

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
well I don't think I need to do that because every game works except for gamecube games.
Are you sure? For example, Worms Battle Island requires cIOS 249 (base 56) and the Call of Duty games require cIOS 250 (base 57). But you seem to be unable to reload to the required cIOS automatically.

Forcing the loader to immediately boot with cIOS 249 might work around the problem.

what iOS settings make gamecube games work anyway?
None of the loaders IOS settings apply to Nintendont, since that uses IOS58 for everything.

Last edited by blackb0x,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol