Hacking Which IOS do I need so I can turn on my Wii with the headest?

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Load dop-mii v14.2 -non wiibrew edition
Load ios 250
Select ios, mios, bc
Install ios80
Select system menu
Install system menu 4.3
If that does not work, there is nothing you can do.

smashdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok now that I see that Drav says that 4.3 WAN blocks updates and after running the ModMii program, I am stuck on where to go next. I have ran the ENTIRE set up that you just posted above with the step by step setup but am unsure of which guide to do next. It gives me a vague guide.

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
W(hy)TF are you convinced it's an IOS issue?? Why do you keep coming back? Why can't you just unplug it to turn it on?!?!

Just, WHY?!?!

smashdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I did the Dop-Mii for IOS 80 and nothing happened so I am trying to figure out the next steps in the ModMii process before proceeding. In the meantime, which IOS uses the USB headset feature and which IOS and version should I use to run that IOS? Dop-Mii will do the system menu one and one IOS should do the headset one.

strict9gs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ive had a problem with (after ive installed priiloader) a usb charger in the second usb port for my wiimotes, and as i boot up the wii, i have to unplug the charger in order for it to work, this seems like a problem in priiloader, not ur ios's, my suggestion?, uninstall priiloader and try it

smashdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone who first responded to this thread said that IOS 56 or 58 deal with it. And Mauifrog I did EXACTLY what you told me to so don't even try blaiming me. And I need Priiloader for a few hacks so I just would like to know if there is anything I should modify in that app that will allow me to turn on my Wii with the headest plugged into the USB port. You said you had a similar problem too.

BBking83

Trophies
XP
Country
Look, smashdude, I'll clearly point out your options...

1. Uninstall Priiloader and turn on the Wii with the headset plugged in.

2. Leave Priiloader installed and unplug the headset to turn your Wii on.

You can't have both. Although, I'd prefer it if you couldn't turn your Wii on at all.

fattest

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Many people on this forum swear by ModMii and have used it repeatedly, so I don't think the guide is to blame when you can't get it to work.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
smashdude said:
Ok I did the Dop-Mii for IOS 80 and nothing happened so I am trying to figure out the next steps in the ModMii process before proceeding. In the meantime, which IOS uses the USB headset feature and which IOS and version should I use to run that IOS? Dop-Mii will do the system menu one and one IOS should do the headset one.
I've read many ppl give u good advice, and yet, u don't listen.

dop-mii is not part of the modmii guide, in fact, its not even downloaded by the ModMii wizard, nor has it ever been.

In fact, the other stickied guide on this forum never used dop-mii either, so wtf dude, if u r using a guide from a different forum that uses dop-mii, then ask your questions there. And if you're not following a guide, that's even worse.

smashdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xflak, I am trying to RUN your ModMii program but in the first question it stops and asks where I would like to install it and then it fails when I select where. Wizard is not one of the first options. Desktop, local, and custom portable installation are the first choices. Then it asks another question that is un-related to your walkthrough. I clicked on your link you gave me and the app reads "ModMii_installer" and is v2.2. So where do i start?

smashdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I just typed in the letter of my SD card so HOPEFULLY it will install there. Right now the downloading step is on changing title version to so and so and changing IOS to 11 then getting WAD (installed 3 patches). Does this usually take so long? Its been downloading for about an hour now.

ddetkowski

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All this time, since day 1 of us telling you to use ModMii, and you DONT EVEN KNOW WHERE IT INSTALLS?
You install it ON YOUR PC, NOT YOUR WII!
It'll automatically put a modmii ICON on your DESKTOP once installed! DO THAT! NOW!
DONT INSTALL MODMII ON A SD CARD! (it'll still work, though).....
now that you see the modmii icon, click on that, please, and just follow the questions pertaining
to your Wii. and you do know how to copy to SD, right!?.....

smashdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or I don't know where it is at. It says e patches applied..... saving WAD.... finished.... after some hack. Not sure if the ... after finished means the insatllation is truely finished or if it is just finished with that one step. It has not given me a follow guide yet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries