Lemmy Koopa

M3 Perfect fanboy
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I only really recommend the EZ4 mostly because it's what I have. While I've heard the M3 is fantastic, it's basically extinct. Though really, both are great in their own ways, honestly. EZ4 definitely has the more usable UI with little bloat, but the M3 has some extra features built in, which aren't particularly useful now but are still there. It all comes down to availability though; EZ-Flash 4 is available pretty much anywhere for a great price, but the M3 is, as said, non-existent essentially. But if someone can find one of those cards, by all means try and grab it, but with the EZ4 out, it's not worth the hassle trying to find an M3.
Just my opinion though.

(Also, the EZ4 DOES still use a battery to store the temporary saves before transferring to the cart itself, but it's not as big an issue as a consistently used RTC, at least I think)

I agree. Basically extinct. No one who owns one would relinquish it, and if anyone did, it would be virtually impossible to run into a person selling it on the internet.

EZ4 is definitely the way to go right now.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
This M3 flashcart have nothing in common with the card you are talking about, right? Just the brand I guess...
if you are not collecting cards, the m3 perfect(the gba one) is not really worth to look for.. i have both a m3 perfect and ez iv..

the m3 got a inbuilt music video and picture players and other stuff, but we are in 2015, you only want a gba cart for play roms.. and i didnt searched much but there is homebrew to do that on another flashcarts if you want...
the ez iv is good.., the m3 is a bit faster to load roms, maybe it got a bit more compatibity but there are some issues you can't get rid off... like the nes games need to be patched
it has RTC but there are only 6-7 (pokemon, boktai series, and one japanese game) games that use it and there are patches for it.. if you really want rtc, can get a pokemon game for cheap, change the battery and done.. boktai doesn't even need to be patched i think.. it always asked for the date on the ez iv.. so...

TL;DR for 200 bucks, a m3 is not worth it, its the price people are asking for it. there is 1 or 2 currently being sold at the trading area, but you will pay a collectors price...
if you want a flashcart for games, get a ez iv.. its about 30-50 bucks.

i always say this in every thread that appears, if you guys got questions about compatibility (to make sure a game does work) just ask me and i will spare 5 minutes of my time to try the game

Reactions: 160R

160R

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
if you are not collecting cards, the m3 perfect(the gba one) is not really worth to look for.. i have both a m3 perfect and ez iv..

the m3 got a inbuilt music video and picture players and other stuff, but we are in 2015, you only want a gba cart for play roms.. and i didnt searched much but there is homebrew to do that on another flashcarts if you want...
the ez iv is good.., the m3 is a bit faster to load roms, maybe it got a bit more compatibity but there are some issues you can't get rid off... like the nes games need to be patched
it has RTC but there are only 6-7 (pokemon, boktai series, and one japanese game) games that use it and there are patches for it.. if you really want rtc, can get a pokemon game for cheap, change the battery and done.. boktai doesn't even need to be patched i think.. it always asked for the date on the ez iv.. so...

TL;DR for 200 bucks, a m3 is not worth it, its the price people are asking for it. there is 1 or 2 currently being sold at the trading area, but you will pay a collectors price...
if you want a flashcart for games, get a ez iv.. its about 30-50 bucks.

i always say this in every thread that appears, if you guys got questions about compatibility (to make sure a game does work) just ask me and i will spare 5 minutes of my time to try the game

Thanks for the advice :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: I appreciate the insight!